How Long have you been a Fan of the Cardinals?

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Since 96 when I got out of the Army and came back home. My work truck only had am radio in it so I listened to Golic, Jacobs and Jurecki all morning.

Last edited:

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
41+ years of waiting, hoping...

and now we have our shot. I've learned over the years to ENJOY the moment. To not build up expectations as they can lead to disappointment. So, this week I'm not really giving much thought to the Super Bowl. Rather just enjoying that we're in the Championship game and that the good people of Arizona are having a BLAST! ....And Cardinal fans everywhere are smiling. :D

vacardsgal11

Reaction score
I have been a Cards fan since the Jim Hart days! It hasn't been easy living in Virginia, but I have remained committed to supporting my team through thick and thin. I am SO proud right now! I only wish that I could be in Arizona on Saturday! Cheer them on for me please!

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My dad tells me he took me to the game Lomax was injured in, but since I was only 10 years old back in '88, I really don't remember. Giants game?

Anyway, I've been following the Cards since the Beuerlein years. The first year we had Randall Hill, Gary Clark, and Ricky Proehl as his wideouts, Larry Centers, Ron Moore, and Garrison Hearst as the runners. I remember being at the game Garrison got hurt in against the Patriots during Drew Bledsoe's rookie year. I think that was all the same year. Bledsoe killed us in that game IIRC.

Been a fan since that year. They won their last 5 games.

I was a season ticket holder 1999-2007, took this year off to tend to personal issues, and of course this is the year they're gonna win everything, just my luck! :D

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I went to my first game in 1988.

I have not missed a game on radio, TV or in person since 1994 when they were shutout by the Browns. I was in Prescott and got a glimce of the score on a TV in the bar of the place we were eating at. I have told every employer I have worked for that I can't ever work on Sundays. They always assume it's religious... and in a way it is

This was the first year I have seen every single snap of every game.

Paso Fino

Veteran
Reaction score
I have been a Cardinals fan since the 1940s when I lived on the South Side of Chicago. I remember going to games in Comiskey Park and watching the Cardinals play the Bears, which I then hated.
I remember the dream backfield of Charlie Trippi, Pat Harder Elmer Angsman and Paul Christman.

I was devastated when the Cardinals left for St. Louis.

Growing up on the south side I was and still am a fan of the Chicago White Sox and like to See our new President with his Sox cap on.

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
Since Norwood missed ... wide right!
As big NFL fan I followed my hometown Bills thru the lean 70s and 80s. After moving to AZ in77 it was difficult to keep track of them. I started driving from Globe to watch the Cardinals and was hooked on the game day experience. When Norwwod missed I announced to the throng of Bills fans watching in Phx that I was going to do something out of charcter for me and switch allegence to my new home team.So much for bandwagon jumping. So this weekend will be sweet, but not as sweet as two weekends from now when we're in the Super bowl!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
1976 I think. I was really young, six or seven at the most.

Growing up in OKC, I had to watch the cowboys every Sunday. I was able to see STL twice a year, but roger the dodger and danny white broke my heart too many times back in those days.

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
1988. I followed them passively until the SF game that year, which I had to listen to on the radio from work. That one put me over the top - a game I still haven't ever watched (praying someone has a tape of it somewhere, or the NFL network/ESPN Classics will reair it some time.)

Go Cards.

I have that game plus a few others from that era with Jim Hart, Roy Green and O.J. and Stump on Betamax format if you remember that outdated technology. Maybe we can send them to a restorer and put them on CDs for all these true long time Cardinal fans.

This is great reading. I started about 58 when they were televised in San antonio Texas, before Cowboys. All we would get was Bears and Cardinal games and I fell in love with the underdog. Real excited when they drafted the John David Crow fellow out of Texas A&M (Heisman Trophy winner as I recall)

Go Cards! Can any of you help me get 2 tickets to the Super Bowl???

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I grew up in a Cowboys household because my mom is from Tejas. Almost my entire family is Cowboy fans, other than my dad who really didn't care about football...he's was a baseball and NBA guy. When the Cards came to town, they instantly became a favorite team for me, but I didn't really get on board until 1996, when I started working Cardinals Crew at training camp as a student at NAU in the summers. I fell in love with the franchise and the players then, and you should have seen the dirty looks I got from my family in 98 during the playoff game. Most of my mom's side are still Cowboy fans, but the ones who lived in Arizona (my brother and mom) still pull for the Cardinals when they aren't playing the Cowboys.

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry Donald - I wanted CC to see this so I bumped it!

I have that game plus a few others from that era with Jim Hart, Roy Green and O.J. and Stump on Betamax format if you remember that outdated technology. Maybe we can send them to a restorer and put them on CDs for all these true long time Cardinal fans.

This is great reading. I started about 58 when they were televised in San antonio Texas, before Cowboys. All we would get was Bears and Cardinal games and I fell in love with the underdog. Real excited when they drafted the John David Crow fellow out of Texas A&M (Heisman Trophy winner as I recall)

Go Cards! Can any of you help me get 2 tickets to the Super Bowl???

Capital Card - please note and PM me

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
chicago cardinals

1958. baseball cardinal....1952

ot: chicagoland people.....IF y'all know what could happen...any plans on watching game as a group....i have superlarge theatre size screen in basement...well stocked with beverages....we might want to discuss....IF!!!!!
we can figure the rest of the food out later....good seating available.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have been a Cardinals fan since the 1940s when I lived on the South Side of Chicago. I remember going to games in Comiskey Park and watching the Cardinals play the Bears, which I then hated.
I remember the dream backfield of Charlie Trippi, Pat Harder Elmer Angsman and Paul Christman.

I was devastated when the Cardinals left for St. Louis.

Growing up on the south side I was and still am a fan of the Chicago White Sox and like to See our new President with his Sox cap on.

too bad you defected..i'd have you over ...fan since 58...but somehow became a cardinal bb fan since 52.....i go to sox games cause i hate going to clark/addison.

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
I have been a a Cardinal fan since day one in Arizona.I use to sweat off at least 10 pounds a game at Sun devil Stadium.Man it seems like yesterday when I took off my shirt at the Monday Night football game against the 49ers..getting my groove on in the south endzone..By the way the asked me too take my shirt off(for the record)..Its ok there was some good times at SunDevil Stadium..Us beating the Cowboys and carring the goal post all threw mill ave..

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
I went to my first Cardinals game in 1957 and was at the last game they played in Chicago in 1959, at the "old" Soldier Field. After they moved to St.Louis, my dad and I would drive to Pontiac, IL and sit on the side of the road and listen to the games on KMOX. The Moody Bible Institute at that time had a radio station that operated only on Sunday's, from 12-6 on the same frequency as KMOX, hence the drive to Pontiac. My Dad died in 1978 right after attending a Card-Packers game in Green Bay. I will never stop being a Cardinals fan and have seen them play just about everywhere. If they make it to the Super Bowl it'll be a dream come true for me. I'd almost, and I say almost, trade in the Sox WS win for a Cards SB victory!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I have been a a Cardinal fan since day one in Arizona.I use to sweat off at least 10 pounds a game at Sun devil Stadium.Man it seems like yesterday when I took off my shirt at the Monday Night football game against the 49ers..getting my groove on in the south endzone..By the way the asked me too take my shirt off(for the record)..Its ok there was some good times at SunDevil Stadium..Us beating the Cowboys and carring the goal post all threw mill ave..

That was awesome.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Since they showed up in the Valley. I was a Jets fan before they got here simply cause the first game I ever saw and remembered was the Jets/Dolphins where Marino and O'Brien threw for 927 yards combined...so for that season and the 1987 season I rooted for the Jets. Come 1988 though, gotta pull for the home team.

Reaction score
1977. I was 13. They beat the Cowboys on MNF. My brother was a huge Cowboys fan and it it upset him so much I knew the Cards had to be my team. My brother doesn't even follow the NFL anymore, but I've been obsessed with the Cardinals ever since that game.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In the 6th grade Channel 3 News reported that the St Louis Cardinals were moving to Phoenix. I have been a fan since the second I heard that. My parents bought me a Phoenix Cardinals Touchdown Club shirt with characatures of Lomax, Mitchell and JT Smith. I wore it the first day to junior high.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson