Jason Richardson Accused Of DUI

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
most people dont realize how easy it is to be over the limit. id say most people (non alcohol abstainer) have done something like this. of course, not the noble, sinless, blameless, infallible, disciples of purity that post on this site.

once again, im not saying u should. im just saying most of us, if being honest, have at one point. it just drives me nuts when people cast stones and have done the same bs
If drinking 2 beers disables you from staying in a lane then you're a jackass for drinking them and getting behind the wheal. Maybe JRich can't handle his alcohol. He's a fool for drunk driving and you're a fool for trying to defend him. It drives ME nuts when someone is seriously injured or killed by a driver who's "had a couple".

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
His BAC was 0.11 so it's not much (a beer max likely less), heck the legal limit here in germany is 0.3 .

Also I can't believe all the "failing to stay in one lane" stuff and so easily, it's cops they look for every tiny little reason to pull you over if they want to.

I once got pulled over when I was the designated driver and on the way to bring some friends home because they accused me of not driving fast enough and slowing the traffic ( when there was none) . I was driving almost exactly the limit because they were driving behind me for a minute or so already.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
To admit you have made a mistake and no longer do is one thing. You have obviously matured and were fortunate not to screw up along the way. To say you have done it and others have as well and imply it's common comes off as if it's no big deal. It is.

.11 is more than 2 beers in less than an hour.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see Richardson is looking to take Diaw's spot on dirtyscottsdale.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Countless of NBA players caught DUI, including a lot of stars ... It is really a bad sample.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think BIM consumes alcohol.

:yeahthat:

But, I can honestly say that even if I ever did drink I would not drink and drive.

Drinking and driving shows a complete lack of concern for human life, IMHO.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
im not saying u should, im just admitting i have. i think, if we're honest and not alcohol abstainers, we've all had a drink and gotten behind the wheel. Im not saying absolutely hammered and gone driving all over the road. im saying 2 beers at the sports bar and drove home after the game. thats still a dui.

Not necessarily. Did you wait a couple of hours? Let your system metabolize the alcohol, then get behind the wheel. It's not complicated.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Joy.

Typical Suns man.... 'Hey things are going great!' 'Really? Here let me fix that!' (pulls out gun and aims at foot...)

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There is an 8-mile stretch of the 101 that was under construction for the past several months (adding HOV lanes). That construction is completed, but the speed limit is still 55 mph because workers are now working on the shoulders of that same stretch. I've been through there at different times of the day and night and seen workers present - that's why 65 in a 55 is a big deal. Usually it is double fines when workers are present also.

That stretch is on Indian land. I guess they maintain the right to patrol it...?

Similar - except that Marbury was on a city street going 25 mph over the limit and swerving in and out of his lane.

I've never done that.
Let me guess...you don't drink right....?
Or you don't frequent sports bars?
Otherwise i find that extremely hard to believe.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Let me guess...you don't drink right....?
Or you don't frequent sports bars?
Otherwise i find that extremely hard to believe.

Glad you you don't live around me. Are you actually trying to say you cannot go to sports bars and drink responsibly and keep you consumption below DUI levels? Let's hope it doesn't one day come back to bite you or worse yet, someone you endanger. :bang:

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Glad you you don't live around me. Are you actually trying to say you cannot go to sports bars and drink responsibly and keep you consumption below DUI levels? Let's hope it doesn't one day come back to bite you or worse yet, someone you endanger. :bang:
No. you misinterpreted me.
I learned my lesson earlier in life.
Unless you drive like an old woman and are in front of me i'm the least of your concerns on the road.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
10 miles over is no big deal. The problem was he got caught in Tribal Lands by Tribal police (the 101 highway was built on land leased from the Tribe). They have their own set of rules and if you break them, they can be pretty unyielding.

Last edited:

nowagimp

Reaction score
First, all this expectation of NBA players to abide by these laws is strangely misplaced. the american people elect congressmen and senators, who routinely are charged with DUI, 77 in the last year. they preside over trillion dollar budgets, write the nations laws etc and no one gives a crap as they keep getting elected. they are far more influential than NBA basketball players in this culture. Second, the DUI equipment used to test levels is pathetically inaccurate:

http://www.prlog.org/10153880-arizona-dui-breathalyzer-equipment-fail-occasionally.html

A 0.1% level can be 0.15 or 0.05(legal) with the errors in this equipment. So if Jrich was actually 0.05, he could have tested at 0.1%. the new lower level of 0.08 is probably similar to a cell phone user in reaction time and yet, cell phones are not an issue. the equipment needs to be more accurate to even determine a 0.08% level. So yes a 2 beer comsumption at a sports bar can get you screwed within 2-3 hours of leaving.

Last edited:

Skumbag

Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty positive that I lose a couple BAC points from fiddling with my keys long enough before I finally find one that opens the door.

I'm everyone's favorite neighbor.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Arizona has the strictest DUI and Speeding laws in the country.

Lets ignore the decades of Urban Sprawl abuse and wide open roadways this city's govt has let happen without any regulation, and instead put speedtraps everywhere in the city. Then every time we pull someone over for going 65 in the quarter mile of freeway thats 55, we will ask them if they have been drinking. That way we can rack up the most DUIs per pullover in the world.

Phoenix has been on lockdown and its going to get more and more ridiculous and then something is going to snap. The biggest roads with the most medians and lanes ANYWHERE in the nation, with the most strict speeding laws ever.

For being touted as the most independent and libertarian state in the nation, having a sheriff like Joe Arpaio and a police system that thrives on autonomous and impersonal speed penalties just screams contradiction.

JRich is ******** for drinking and driving, but **** Arizona's methods of law enforcement

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
His BAC was 0.11 so it's not much (a beer max likely less), heck the legal limit here in germany is 0.3 .

Also I can't believe all the "failing to stay in one lane" stuff and so easily, it's cops they look for every tiny little reason to pull you over if they want to.

I once got pulled over when I was the designated driver and on the way to bring some friends home because they accused me of not driving fast enough and slowing the traffic ( when there was none) . I was driving almost exactly the limit because they were driving behind me for a minute or so already.

There are different measurement units for alcoholic blood content around the world. In the US it is measured in percent, in our home country Germany its measured in permille. Germanys legal limit of 0.3 to 0.5 therefore would equal an US legal limit of 0.03 to 0.05.

Slinslin is therefore mistaken when he thinks it would be not much under German law. Everyone who has a US-BAC of 0.11 or higher (like JRich) would loose his license and cant apply for a new one for six months. Additionally he would have to pay a hefty fine, typically around two monthly salaries.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
First, all this expectation of NBA players to abide by these laws is strangely misplaced. the american people elect congressmen and senators, who routinely are charged with DUI, 77 in the last year. they preside over trillion dollar budgets, write the nations laws etc and no one gives a crap as they keep getting elected. they are far more influential than NBA basketball players in this culture. Second, the DUI equipment used to test levels is pathetically inaccurate:

http://www.prlog.org/10153880-arizona-dui-breathalyzer-equipment-fail-occasionally.html

A 0.1% level can be 0.15 or 0.05(legal) with the errors in this equipment. So if Jrich was actually 0.05, he could have tested at 0.1%. the new lower level of 0.08 is probably similar to a cell phone user in reaction time and yet, cell phones are not an issue. the equipment needs to be more accurate to even determine a 0.08% level. So yes a 2 beer comsumption at a sports bar can get you screwed within 2-3 hours of leaving.
Something we're in complete agreement on.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Arizona has the strictest DUI and Speeding laws in the country.

Lets ignore the decades of Urban Sprawl abuse and wide open roadways this city's govt has let happen without any regulation, and instead put speedtraps everywhere in the city. Then every time we pull someone over for going 65 in the quarter mile of freeway thats 55, we will ask them if they have been drinking. That way we can rack up the most DUIs per pullover in the world.

Phoenix has been on lockdown and its going to get more and more ridiculous and then something is going to snap. The biggest roads with the most medians and lanes ANYWHERE in the nation, with the most strict speeding laws ever.

For being touted as the most independent and libertarian state in the nation, having a sheriff like Joe Arpaio and a police system that thrives on autonomous and impersonal speed penalties just screams contradiction.

JRich is ******** for drinking and driving, but **** Arizona's methods of law enforcement

yup, arizona law enforcement is a national bad joke in all these ways.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like our laws are not they have helped. Our DUI fatalities have gotten better. I think I read that in 2004 we were 6th worst in the nation. We are now at #15 I believe as of 2007. As long as that trend continues I don't expect things to change.

Maybe we don't have the best solution. However, as long as these numbers continue to get better...this plan is better then no plan at all. The streets are safer then in 2004.

Last edited:

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
Be glad about your laws: Over here the police doesnt really need a reason to pull you over; they can just routinely pull you over and have you do a breathelizer test; In our town they are running Amok during the last year.

Me or the friends I was in the car with at that time had to do a breath test five times in December (+New Years Day) alone. Since we usually designate a driver before all of us were always cleared but its not the nicest feeling in the world...

Skumbag

Registered
Reaction score
Everytime I leave the bar, I'm looking for Andrew on the side of the road.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
There are different measurement units for alcoholic blood content around the world. In the US it is measured in percent, in our home country Germany its measured in permille. Germanys legal limit of 0.3 to 0.5 therefore would equal an US legal limit of 0.03 to 0.05.

Slinslin is therefore mistaken when he thinks it would be not much under German law. Everyone who has a US-BAC of 0.11 or higher (like JRich) would loose his license and cant apply for a new one for six months. Additionally he would have to pay a hefty fine, typically around two monthly salaries.
The reason Germany is so strict is that they pride themselves on their beer and have one of the most efficient mass transit systems in the world. Theres no reason to disrespect their beer culture with a useless DUI.

In phoenix, having a car is mandatory, as you have to drive everywhere. Everywhere.

Ive known 1 person in the 25 years I lived in phoenix that rode the bus. And taxis can take up to an hour, if they do come.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave