Neil Rackers strikes again!

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last night, the announcers said that the Viking's kicker, Longwell, has NEVER missed a kick from inside 45 yards since he signed with the team. I guess all of his snaps and hold were perfect.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The point was to identify how many were. It is laughable that you guys make assumptions and back it up with "well they couldn't all have been perfect". Chris asked for three instances and you failed to provide them. "Oh we would have to look at actual games rather than throw crap out there!" Just maybe you should contact a real NFL kicker before you spout off just how easy it is.

For what it's worth, I don't care that he missed it. He made 3 of 4 and the rest of the kicking game couldn't have been played better. MY team won with a TOTAL TEAM effort. Stew in your hatred for Rackers. I just wonder why you're not all over Fitz, Warner, Boldin, Edge or the entire defense. They made mistakes. Passes were dropped. Runs were stuffed. The 49'ers actually scored points against us. Why aren't you shopping for players that are perfect to replace them?

:shrug: I still won't accept missing a chip shot field goal. Rackers admitted he was at fault, and Whis seconded the notion. To me, missing from within 40 means you don't have what it takes. Rackers should be limited to kickoffs from now on.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
:shrug: I still won't accept missing a chip shot field goal. Rackers admitted he was at fault, and Whis seconded the notion. To me, missing from within 40 means you don't have what it takes. Rackers should be limited to kickoffs from now on.

:thumbup: You cannot accept mediocrity. Especially based on this guy's history. He is not right and the shelf life on kickers is minute.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Only a Cards fan could find something to bitch about after a win.:shrug:

40 you need to get out more. That is a sign of an improving football team. Happens everywhere teams win on a regular basis.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I hope everybody is watching the game tonight. The packers regular long snapper and holder were injured during the last preseason game. So tonight Crosby is kicking with both a new holder and snapper. They should just go for it on fouth down and extra points. Because according to the appologists they are doomed.

Wisconsin Card you have proved yourself to be a true "Soothayer". Just as you indicated on the very first snap the kicker flubed a very short field goal. I think the kicker, holder, and center had only worked together for one week. Good call. It takes more than a strong and accurate leg to complete even the simplest of kicks.

On our missed kick I am sure they will assign blame when reviewing the film and I dare say it will clearly not all be on Rackers.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Wisconsin Card you have proved yourself to be a true "Soothayer". Just as you indicated on the very first snap the kicker flubed a very short field goal. I think the kicker, holder, and center had only worked together for one week. Good call. It takes more than a strong and accurate leg to complete even the simplest of kicks.

On our missed kick I am sure they will assign blame when reviewing the film and I dare say it will clearly not all be on Rackers.

Bump-a-licious!

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Looks like Morten Anderson, John Carney, and Aaron Elling are still available and have NFL experience. Why not give them a look see? :shrug:

TJAM

Registered
Reaction score
According to my TeVo....................the announcer did not know anything about snapping, holding , or kicking.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The comment by the announcers was definitely made and I definitely saw it. However, the comment may not have been made immediately after the kick. It could have come at some other time in the telecast or even the break as they discussed the game. Check your Tivo and see how close the ball is to the holder. Looks to me like a foot or more closer than normal and the snap appeared to be about a foot or so high.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson