Go Hornets!

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Usually when the Suns are eliminated I can't bring myself to watch the remaining playoffs. But I'm going to tune in to the Hornets-Spurs series. I'm going out on a limb here and saying that I think that Chris Paul kid is going to be something...and I look forward to the Hornets outhustling the Spurs.

ndjmc

Do or Do not.
Reaction score
The Spurs are in trouble now....As gratifying as it was for them to eliminate the Suns they must be looking at the next round as a death sentence.
I say the Spurs get swept. But the Hornets wont go to the finals.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
This is a tough one, I hate the Spurs but I hate the Lakers more. The Lakers are going to beat the Jazz and I don't the Hornets can beat them. Which means, I'll be rooting for the Spurs...... :barf:

OP
OP
Cheesewater

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
This is a tough one, I hate the Spurs but I hate the Lakers more. The Lakers are going to beat the Jazz and I don't the Hornets can beat them. Which means, I'll be rooting for the Spurs...... :barf:

I think you are looking too far ahead. :)

ndjmc

Do or Do not.
Reaction score

This is madness!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I wont be rooting, but I can still watch. I'm used to it though....I did it for so long in the 90's when my favorite team every year in the playoffs was the team playing against the bulls. i do wish the mavs were still alive.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think popbitch will try to prove he can out coach the coach of the year without success. Hornets in 7. See lots of drama between Bowen and paul.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hornets, if they play the Spurs the way they did in the regular season, will win.

But guess what... Suns beat the Spurs in the regular season also..

guess it all depends on how good Paul plays Parker and how much impact Stojakovic and West will have. They need to offset Duncan and Ginobili.... coaching wise... Byron Scott is a heck of a coach.... better than D'Antoni... but Popovic is king.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll be pulling for a hornets series victory I hate the spurs and hope they never win a title for a long time

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
I will be routing for the Spurs. I don't like Chris Paul... however, I do like Byron Scott (ASU guy).

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
The Hornets are my favorite team still in the playoffs. Not just because they are playing against the Spurs. I love Chirs Paul; he's one of my favorite players to watch, and I admire the heart he brings to the game. I don't see how anyone could dislike CP3.

I like the rest of their team too. From Byron Scott, to David West, Chandler, and Peja, the Hornets have a lot of good, likeable guys. I hope they go all the way.

buttsR4rebounding

Registered
Reaction score
Young > Old

Name one championship team in the past 15 years that wasn't loaded with experienced players. Even Miami in 2006 had Shaq, Alonzo Morning, Gary Payton, Antoine Walker and James Posey to go along with DWade. The Spurs, the Lakers, the Bulls...all were veteran laden teams.

OP
OP
Cheesewater

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Name one championship team in the past 15 years that wasn't loaded with experienced players. Even Miami in 2006 had Shaq, Alonzo Morning, Gary Payton, Antoine Walker and James Posey to go along with DWade. The Spurs, the Lakers, the Bulls...all were veteran laden teams.

Easy there sparky. I just said "Young > Old".

cly2tw

Reaction score
Go Hornets!

I have a hunch that Bowen gets another suspension in this series.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
I keep barracking for the Hornets and Jazz in the West as well as for the Celtics in the East.

A Spurs vs Lakers WCF is the worst scenario for me. The two teams I like the least of them all.
San Antonio is like the annoying bloke that does every thing to beat you at monopoly. Rolling the dice when nobody is watching, cheating when paying money, taking houses of the bank and putting them on their streets...
Or like the fat kid at primary school who does everything to make life the easiest for him/herself at the expanse of others.
Sucking up to teachers? Cheating? Stealing the little guy's sandwich? You name it.

And the Lakers are just undeserving with their Gasol gift. Even San Antonio had to give up something to get Duncan (tank a season). What L.A. was awarded with is wrong on every level.
They are lead by an incredibly talented but selfish and arrogant player who wanted to leave the sinking ship. The wort teamplayer you could think of. And now he is considered MVP because the Lakers got Gasol and the best record in the West. Wrong. Just plain wrong.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
And the Lakers are just undeserving with their Gasol gift. Even San Antonio had to give up something to get Duncan (tank a season). What L.A. was awarded with is wrong on every level.
They are lead by an incredibly talented but selfish and arrogant player who wanted to leave the sinking ship. The wort teamplayer you could think of. And now he is considered MVP because the Lakers got Gasol and the best record in the West. Wrong. Just plain wrong.

:biglaugh:

Wow, someone has some pent up hostility. Not to mention a slightly distorted sense of reality.

I'm sure if the Suns had been smart enough to pull a similar trade though, they would be deserving for being quicker then everyone else, and being so savvy in the off season, right?

And go ahead and just casually ignore the fact that we were in 1st place when Bynum went down, and 2nd place when we got Gasol. But I'm sure you don't want to be burdened with facts. :lol:

Last edited:

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
I keep barracking for the Hornets and Jazz in the West as well as for the Celtics in the East.

A Spurs vs Lakers WCF is the worst scenario for me. The two teams I like the least of them all.
San Antonio is like the annoying bloke that does every thing to beat you at monopoly. Rolling the dice when nobody is watching, cheating when paying money, taking houses of the bank and putting them on their streets...
Or like the fat kid at primary school who does everything to make life the easiest for him/herself at the expanse of others.
Sucking up to teachers? Cheating? Stealing the little guy's sandwich? You name it.

This is exactly why some folks deem this entire Suns cult a "whine" factory. Whine about officiating, whine about suspensions, whine about conspiracies, whine about Hack A Shaq, whine about the Kidd/Stackhouse/Van Horn episode. The Lakers werent "given" Gasol. They gave up their best low-post defender in Kwame, who also happened to have a 9 million dollar expiring contract. They also gave up a very athletic, quick, big point guard in Javaris Crittendon (only 20yrs old) who will at some point challenge Conley for the starting guard position in Memphis. The Lakers also handed over 2 number 1's (draft picks) to Memphis.............because, they are IN REBUILDING MODE. Gasol wanted outta that place because it had grown stale on him.

If you guys wanted Artest you could pry him from the Maloofs. Just show em a nice hefty expiring contract or two, and throw em some draft picks down the line to sweeten that deal and theyll ship him over. But i dont think the Suns have either to offer right now.

Haren

Veteran
Reaction score
If you guys wanted Artest you could pry him from the Maloofs. Just show em a nice hefty expiring contract or two, and throw em some draft picks down the line to sweeten that deal and theyll ship him over. But i dont think the Suns have either to offer right now.
If only we hadn't had traded Kurt Thomas for absolutely nothing... :bang: