They played their asses off today.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
The title says it all, the Phoenix Suns played their asses off to secure a game 5 and prolong their season.

Sure, people are going to come in here and say, “Where was this intensity on Friday?” or “I expected this type of game” or “The Spurs were complacent and got in too big of a hole”.

But that shouldn’t be said, y’all should be saying “The Phoenix Suns played their asses off today and out hustled and out played the San Antonio Spurs.”

I, for one, am ecstatic with the win. Did you see their defensive sets out there? It was awesome.

No one can come in here and flat out say this was a fluke and that the Suns have no shot, because you don’t know.

You don’t know what is going to happen in game 5, the Suns are playing for their lives…

Teams tend to pull out all the stops in scenarios like those.

I still believe, take it one game at a time…

Play that way next game, dominate.

Play the game, lay it all out.

Match the Spurs intensity.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
spurs let the sun's win...as Stern wants more marketiblity and a better match up. Think about it people!!!! Jeeze, we were handed this game so we could seem to come back and make things more interesting, only to lose in game 7 or maybe win it as the Cinderellas of the nba..
:koolaid::sarcasm:
anybody with me?:D:lol::devil:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
spurs let the sun's win...as Stern wants more marketiblity and a better match up. Think about it people!!!! Jeeze, we were handed this game so we could seem to come back and make things more interesting, only to lose in game 7 or maybe win it as the Cinderellas of the nba..
:koolaid::sarcasm:
anybody with me?:D:lol::devil:

Sure, ill take a conspiracy in our favor

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Too little too late.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the damn Spurs, I would love to see the Suns take the series, but it's never gonna happen.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
I don't know if I more upset today or Friday night. Why couldn't they play with this type of passion on Friday?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
The bottom line is that Suns need somebody outside of Amare/Nash/Shaq trio to play well if they want to win. Dirty Boris and Raja had great games, and Barbosa had a decent game.
If I am Pop, I am not too worried since it's very unlikely that Boris and Raja can do the same thing again, let alone 3 times in a row.

phxrising

Registered
Reaction score
Never say never...not in sports, its bound to happen sometime.

True, it only took 100 years in baseball history for this to happen.
The nba should be due soon.

Seriously though, we have the talent, not so sure about the willpower.
Here's hoping too being very wrong. :cheers:

CardinalsFan11

Registered
Reaction score
This game just showed why the first 3 losses were so frustrating, because the Suns are capable of playing like they did today. Now we just have to come with the same intensity on Tuesday

Ninjafish

Registered
Reaction score
It's stupid to say there's no chance. Remember that Portland nearly did it a few years ago. They were actually leading in the fourth quarter of game 7! If only they had kept that lead, no one would be saying it's impossible now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=230502022

"Once you get down 0-3, it's kind of tough. Some teams would maybe want to give up,'' forward Bonzi Wells said. "But we just told ourselves if we take it one game at a time, why can't it be us? Why don't we be the team to make history?''

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
No matter what the final result of this series is, it feels a lot better to have seen the Suns play so hard today rather than give up the series.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
LOL some of you actually think the Spurs will let this go to game 7?

Ninjafish

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think it'll go past 5 (I really didn't think it would go past 4), but it's not impossible.

PHXSportsFan4

Time for baseball season.
Reaction score
Who would've ever thought the Red Sox would come all the way back from down 0-3 to the Yankees and go on to win the '04 WS?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the odds of that happening for the Suns but it could happen, you never know. Until the Spurs win their 4th game of the series and it's officially over, we still have hope.

gdiddy

Registered
Reaction score
I would love to be proven wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

The point is, the Suns have shown a lack of consistency throughout the season and this series. San Antonio has now 3 chances to close this series out. There's a reason why the Suns lost 3 straight. And 1 win will not turn the tide.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson