Philadelphia 76'ers vs Detroit Pistons

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I never expected Philly to take a 2-1 series lead. It's easy to say Detroit will turn it on and win three in a row, but they have only played like themselves for a game and a half so far.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Mike D'Antoni is the worst coach the Suns have ever had.
Let's not get carried away now.

John Wetzel, Frank Johnson, Scott Skiles, and Danny Ainge were all worse coaches than D'Antoni.

I'd almost throw John MacLeod in that group, but since he was the coach for such a long time and did get them to the Finals once, I'll let him slide. And without Barkley, Westphal was not very good either.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

John Wetzel, Frank Johnson, Scott Skiles, and Danny Ainge were all worse coaches than D'Antoni.

I'd almost throw John MacLeod in that group, but since he was the coach for such a long time and did get them to the Finals once, I'll let him slide. And without Barkley, Westphal was not very good either.
Couldn't agree more. I like Skiles though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

is this really true about Westphaul though? I think he was just as mediocre as a coach as DA, but coached them to just as many wins, dealt with a slew of injuries to KJ in two years where we still won 62 games and 59 games (and also losing Manning for half a season) and then lost Barkley for another 6 weeks in a year when we won 56 games. Not to mention that he actually got that team to a Finals, whereas DA has never even pushed anyone to a Game 7 in the WCF.

I really don't see how anyone can list DA above Westphaul at this point.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I'm more then a little shocked, I had the Pistons in 4. I put Boston and Detroit on the same level, far above the rest of the East. Looks like Detroit is still on a tier below the Celtics, either way, it's nice to have an east series that's actually interesting.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I still think Detroit comes back and takes this series in 7. Hope I'm wrong though, I can't stand them.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I really don't see how anyone can list DA above Westphaul at this point.

I'm up in the air about Westphal as well, which is why I left him grouped with MacLeod. They got the Suns to the Finals, so they're automatically a notch above DA solely for that.

cly2tw

Reaction score
After Suns get eliminated, I'd actually root for Boston to win the title against either LA or NO.

It's unlikely that any of Cavs, 76er or Pistons could beat Celtics. And Paul will school Parker to show DA that with defense anybody can win against anyone in the West.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
am i the only one smelling a huge upset and elimination of the pistons:)
i wish for it
I was wishing for it too so that when the Suns got to the Finals they wouldn't have to worry about playing Detroit.

Now I kinda don't care so much...

sLapzsHaQ

I am a mushroomhead...
Reaction score
Look, Sixers are playing good ball again. I guess the Pistons are done.. :D

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'll root for the team that is left that I don't hate. Teams that I hate:

Boston, Detroit, Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Hornets, Jazz, Nuggets, Cavs

sLapzsHaQ

I am a mushroomhead...
Reaction score
The Sixers are really frustrating the Pistons. And they are losing their game. That's odd. Pistons play well when they are the underdogs. Too bad so do the hungry Sixers. I hope Detroit gets eliminated..

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
I will laugh my ass off if the 76'ers can pull the series over the Pistons. Go underdogs!!