For all the believers…

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
This thread is for the believers; the Suns fans that still believe winning this series is possible.

Yeah I said it, the Phoenix Suns COULD still pull an upset.

This is for those people who love the Suns and know within their heart their team won’t go away without a fight.

I still believe, I still have faith…do you?

Prime example, back in the 2006 finals the Dallas Mavericks easily won the first two at home and were up by 13 with 6 minutes to play on the road. The Shaq and Dwyane led Miami Heat made a remarkable comeback and then blew the Mavs out the following game. The Heat went on to win 4 straight and the franchise’s first title.

So why did I bring that up? Because the heavily favored Dallas Mavericks (who beat the Spurs in San Antonio in a game 7) were outplayed and out hussled by a team that were playing for their lives.

I see the similarities in this scenario.

I still believe the Phoenix Suns can win this series.

I still believe in Shaq, Amare, Nash and the Suns.

They are too good of a team to get swept.

Take it one game at a time…

But I believe…I have to.

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
Well, it ain't over yet. They have to protect home court the next two games to tie it up. Then the series pretty much starts back at zero, and the Suns will have to play like the championship contenders they really are.

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm not a "believer", but I am a "hoper". I'll keep watching. If they lose, I at least wanna see some fight in them and not roll over and take it up the butt like the Mavericks.

Ninjafish

Registered
Reaction score
Charles Barkley is a believer! He just says he thinks we can do it.

I wish I could say the same, but I can't. I'm glad I'm going to working the night of game 3. I don't think I can bear watching that again. If the suns had won, I'd probably have taken the night off.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
Well, the Suns know what they need to do now. When they come out in the second half - score some points. They scored 11 points in the 3rd..

OP
OP
A

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Haha are you a christian? It's over buddy.
And the sad thing is you are probably older than me and have watched the NBA longer.

But yet I know more about the sport.

I know it takes 4 wins, not 2 to win a series.

I know the series isn't over.

As I recall, the Spurs lost to the Lakers some odd years ago when they had a commanding 2-0 lead.

But hey, continue to talk. It only bolsters my opinion and makes you look like a moronic homer.

Last edited:

MiamiHeat

Registered
Reaction score
I have the 2006 miami heat NBA championship box set dvd. i watched 2 games again this weekend.

shaq had nothing to do with leading anything. that finals was won by Dwyane Wade, followed by Alonzo Mourning, and then Gary Payton, in order of importance.

Alonzo outplayed Shaq easily.

I don't see Dwyane Wade with Shaq now, so don't go counting your chickens. Shaq would not even sniff another ring in Miami if not for Dwyane Wade's superhuman performance and Alonzo Mourning's amazing defense around the basket.

Play after play, block by Zo. Go back and watch. Shaq isn't doing a thing for the Suns right now as Parker and the rest get easy layups all day long.

Last edited:

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
Charles Barkley is a believer! He just says he thinks we can do it.

I wish I could say the same, but I can't. I'm glad I'm going to working the night of game 3. I don't think I can bear watching that again. If the suns had won, I'd probably have taken the night off.
Wait did Barkely really say that? If he believes I BELIEVE. YES WE CAN...YES WE CAN

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
Ok, that's enough Andrew.

You don't want the Suns to win a championship, you want Shaq to win one.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It's not completely over yet. The Suns have to win two games in a row, but they've done that before. Then somehow they have to figure out a way to win either Game 5 or Game 7 in San Antonio. The odds are very long, but the patient still has a pulse.

One general trend of this franchise, however, is that they pass up critical opportunities because they believe there will always be a next time. Long-time fans can't count the number of times that the Suns have been this close to delivering a knockout blow and then whiffing. There's a ruthlessness that champions have to have, with which they realize that every opportunity for a key basket, or win, or series triumph, or championship is precious, and that it requires nothing less than fullest commitment.

The Suns are the greatest "We'll get 'em next time" franchise in history, and I'm starting to doubt that they'll ever learn otherwise.

OP
OP
A

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score

Yeah because you know me so well. How about you keep quite about things you know nothing about?

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Passion of the Bruce won again.

MiamiHeat

Registered
Reaction score

seriously, that guy's post is ripe with enough soap opera-ish drama to rival Days of our Lives.

"Take it one game at a time…

But I believe…I have to."

I dont know if I should laugh and point or truly wonder about his mental health.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Shaq or no Shaq. This team has a bunch of wankers off the bench.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Stay loyal to a team instead of trading teams when Shaq does.

When are you and your buddies going to get over this? Don't you think it's about time you drop your sophomoric hazing of the kid? He likes Shaq. SO WHAT? What do you care? How does that affect your life whatsoever, except to give you the opportunity to act like a child? You're better than that.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
When are you and your buddies going to get over this? Don't you think it's about time you drop your sophomoric hazing of the kid? He likes Shaq. SO WHAT? What do you care? How does that affect your life whatsoever, except to give you the opportunity to act like a child? You're better than that.

I have not said one word about his love for Shaq till now.

But I'm tired of the non-chalant attitude that the Suns are in OK position and everything will be all right. NO they are not so wake the **** up!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson