Suns are most watched team in NBA?

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
In this article;
NBA Playoffs Tip Off This Weekend

This year, ESPN recorded two of its five best regular-season audiences of all time. The Suns-Lakers game Feb. 20 with 3.6 million viewers and Suns-Celtics tilt Feb. 22 with 2.8 million ranked third and fifth of all 404 NBA regular-season games ESPN has televised since 2002, according to network officials.
:D

Does anyone know the rating of game 1 yet? But a Sun's/Celtics finale with us beating L.A. in the western finals is the best ticket for audience.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Memo to the front office: tell the officials to give us a break for once

LavaLamp2

Registered
Reaction score
The NBA and basketball fans everywhere are loving the Sun-Spurs series, I am sure.

Pfunk16

Reaction score
And knowing that the Suns will bring in more $$ & ratings the deeper they go into the playoffs, there are still so many Suns fans that actually believe that Stern & the powers to be in the NBA actually "fix" games to get them eliminated in favor for the lowest marketed team in the League!!

:doi:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How do they determine how many people have tuned into a certain channel???
you think...
we are watching them?
but they are actually watching us...
(insert the twilight zone theme song)

seriously, its called marketing. watching trending, watching customer demands, etc.

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
How do they determine how many people have tuned into a certain channel???

Some households in large market cities have Neilsen boxes installed, which basically tells what show the people there are watching. I don't know how it all works exactly, but that's the gist of it.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Does anyone know the rating of game 1 yet? But a Sun's/Celtics finale with us beating L.A. in the western finals is the best ticket for audience.
A Celtic-Lakers NBA Finals would destroy a Suns-Celtics finals in the ratings and it would not even be close.

nowagimp

Reaction score
A Celtic-Lakers NBA Finals would destroy a Suns-Celtics finals in the ratings and it would not even be close.

Yup and memorabilia sales(30% ot total revenues) would also be much higher. The network contracts are signed and paid up for quite a few years(2015?), the way I understand it, the NBA will not make any more with better ratings, as the networks get the advertizing dollar. I suspect the real money maker is overseas as sports fans in the USA are tapped out, basketball popularity here is on the decline. Baseball playoffs, and NFL playoffs kick the NBA's arse in viewer attention. And I'm guessing the gap is just growing every year since Jordan retired. Besides what are the ratings of NBA playoffs anyway, 1/2 of what the "office" serial ratings are? If the NBA playoffs were a serial TV show it'd probably be cancelled after its pilot season. American Idol ratings crush the NBA, a bunch of amateur wannabees are more interesting to the american public. I'll bet for every person who knows the NBA champion, 5 know who won the last Idol competition.