Today is my anniversary!

Reaction score
On November 14th, 1977, The Cardinals played the Cowboys on Monday Night Football. I was 13 years old. My 15 year old brother was a huge Cowboys fan, but I did not have a favorite team. We watched the Cardinals beat the Cowboys that night, 24-17, after the Cowboys started the season 8-0. I became a Cardinal fan that night, 30 years ago today. The ironic thing is my brother stopped watching football by the time he was 20! But I've been stuck in the frustrating world of being a Cards fan because of him!

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy anniversary. :D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
On November 14th, 1977, The Cardinals played the Cowboys on Monday Night Football. I was 13 years old. My 15 year old brother was a huge Cowboys fan, but I did not have a favorite team. We watched the Cardinals beat the Cowboys that night, 24-17, after the Cowboys started the season 8-0. I became a Cardinal fan that night, 30 years ago today. The ironic thing is my brother stopped watching football by the time he was 20! But I've been stuck in the frustrating world of being a Cards fan because of him!

1977 brings up more weird stuff from the history of the football Cardinals.

1966 the Cards lost their last 3 games after getting to 8-2-1.
1977 the Cards lost their last 4 games after getting to 7-3
1988 the Cards lost their last 5 games after getting to 7-4

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
1977 brings up more weird stuff from the history of the football Cardinals.

1966 the Cards lost their last 3 games after getting to 8-2-1.
1977 the Cards lost their last 4 games after getting to 7-3
1988 the Cards lost their last 5 games after getting to 7-4

Yeah, I should have had a clue of what I was in for when they lost the last 4 games of that season, but once the Cards get their hooks in you, there's nothing you can do. ;)

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
On November 14th, 1977, The Cardinals played the Cowboys on Monday Night Football.
Man, did that game make me angry! I was living in Dallas, rooting for my beloved Cowboys, and that happened.

1980 came and I moved to Arizona. 1988 came and the Cardinals moved to Phoenix.

Awesome game, dude!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

I was there!!! Hart & Co. took 'em to the woodshed. I remember them getting spanked by Miami after Thanksgiving. The worst part of that season was Don Coryell getting fired after a 7-7 season. The rumors flew around that Mr. Bidwill locked all the coaches out of the offices after the last game. The '70's were the greatest era of the NFL. Those are my favorite memories of the Big Red, playing at sunny Busch Stadium and Mr. B making the Cowpies wear those ugly(bad luck) blue jerseys. The memories...

Reaction score
I haven't seen an outfit like that since:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA