Top 20 moments in Arizona

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
thanks for posting that 40, but man do we have some lame top 20 items. i'd hate to see ours compared to almost every other teams'.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
thanks for posting that 40, but man do we have some lame top 20 items. i'd hate to see ours compared to almost every other teams'.

That is a lame list when signing Emmit Smith is one of the top 20.

I could think of a list of 20 things that were more important than that.

Reaction score
Im surprised that they did not include the Roy Green catch to beat the 49rs, after trailing 21-0 at halftime????

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Its a ridiculous list. A lot of those moments were moments that were supposed to be good moments but in reality were absolute disasters.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
That is a lame list when signing Emmit Smith is one of the top 20.

I could think of a list of 20 things that were more important than that.

Yeah, thats the one I had the biggest problem with. It was a stupid signing then and sure doesn't look any better in hindsight.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Im surprised that they did not include the Roy Green catch to beat the 49rs, after trailing 21-0 at halftime????

Its there(and it was 20-0 not 21-0 at half)...

6. Lomax and Green stun the Niners (Nov. 6, 1988)

It was the highlight of the Cards’ inaugural season in Arizona. The loaded San Francisco 49ers came to Arizona and built a 23-0 third-quarter lead against a Cards’ team trying to stay in the playoff hunt. But quarterback Neil Lomax found Roy Green for a 35-yard touchdown pass, and after an Al Del Greco field goal, Lomax connected with Ernie Jones for a touchdown. With 1:27 left, linebacker E.J. Junior stoned 49ers quarterback Steve Young inches short of a first down on fourth down.

Lomax then took the Cards 66 yards in seven plays, tossing a nine-yard touchdown to Green with three seconds left (click here for the video). The upset propelled the Cards to a 6-4 record, which they ran to 7-4 the following week. Unfortunately, Lomax also suffered what turned out to be a season-ending hip injury, and the Cards’ playoff hopes died with it.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Lomax's injury occured against the Giants.

You are correct. We won that game too, 24-17. The Giants had won the Super Bowl the year before, and the Niners went on to win the Super Bowl that season. I'd say those were the best back-to-back wins the Cards have had in Arizona.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Only the Cards would put a uniform change as a top 20 moment, how sad.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave