Reaction score
Shoot 'Em Up

Release Date: September 7, 2007
Studio: New Line Cinema
Director: Michael Davis
Screenwriter: Michael Davis
Genre: Action, Thriller
MPAA Rating: Not Available

Starring: Clive Owen, Paul Giamatti, Monica Bellucci, Greg Bryk, Chris Jericho, Stephen McHattie, Jane McLean, Daniel Pilon

Plot Summary: A gritty, fast-paced action thriller, "Shoot 'Em Up" kicks into high gear with a memorable opening scene and never relents. Clive Owen stars as Mr. Smith, a mysterious loner who teams up with an unlikely ally (Monica Belluci) to protect a newborn baby from a determined criminal (Paul Giamatti) who hunts them throughout the bowels of the city. "Shoot 'Em Up" is written and directed by Michael Davis ("Monster Man") and is scheduled for a Sept. 7, 2007 release.

Attachments

• shootemup-poster1.jpg
    shootemup-poster1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 152

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This movie probably won't be very good, but it sure looks like a damn good time!

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
I was really looking forward to this movie until I realized that it's written and directed by Michael Davis, who also wrote and directed Monster Man, which is one of the worst horror movies I've ever seen, and 100 Girls, which is one of the unfunniest comedies I've ever seen.

Still, it's hard to pass up on anything w/ Monica Bellucci and I think I'll ultimately see this for her and Paul Giamatti if nothing else.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Caught a matinee of this yesterday.

Long story short; catch this on HBO or rent it and fast-forward between gunfights. Otherwise, you will be forced to endure one of the worst plots and some of the most excruciating dialogue since Halle Berry's Catwoman. What the heck Clive Owen and Paul Giamatti were doing in this is anyone's guess.

The gunfights are well-done and completely ridiculous but if you know going into this that it's a satire you'll appreciate it more. If you thought The Transporter, Crank, or The Big Hit were too over-the-top for you, skip this.

Oh, and the definite highlight is a love scene between Monica Bellucii and Clive Owen that's also a gunfight. If you follow my advice and just fast-forward to the gunfights you'll still catch it.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we could have a contest. Who knows...jeff the shark...lvcardfreak....

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Wasn't this movie made as a sort of spoof of action films these days?

I can remember seeing an interview with Owens/Giamatti and them talking about how everything including the action and dialogue was overdone as a comment on action films.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I haven't laughed this hard in months. This movie is horrible but its almost like its supposed to be. If you think of it as a comedy instead of an action flick it works much better.