Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I got a question.. Why do we keep claiming WR's? Thats two so far and WR is not a need position.. Just sounds odd to me everytime I look up, we claimed another WR..

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok, I got a question.. Why do we keep claiming WR's? Thats two so far and WR is not a need position.. Just sounds odd to me everytime I look up, we claimed another WR..

We may be one of the last teams in the league that needs WR's. Get me an OLB. Some depth for the OL. A TE who can block.

May have to wait till week 1 for veteran signings.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score

Yes, and why did they release Trannon, who looked really good? And yet another guy from Pittsburgh...there are more pressing needs, although I guess he can help on special teams.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
True dat... WTF?

Maybe we should be looking at Linebackers and Defensive backs and maybe a safety.

Donovan Darius, Lamont Thompson?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
We may be one of the last teams in the league that needs WR's. Get me an OLB. Some depth for the OL. A TE who can block.

May have to wait till week 1 for veteran signings.

Maybe they are getting ready to trade Fitz or Q for some O line depth. :D

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
i think this move might make Sean Morey expendable

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree!?! It's funny how we become so enamoured with OUR players that were cut. Everybody was freting that Trannon, Holloway,Davis, and others would be snatched up.
What do we know?

Maybe this coaching staff thinks that ( with this defense),we will be throwing the ball so much that Q , Fitz, and Johnson will need a rest during the game.:confused:

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
I agree!?! It's funny how we become so enamoured with OUR players that were cut. Everybody was freting that Trannon, Holloway,Davis, and others would be snatched up.
What do we know?

Maybe this coaching staff thinks that ( with this defense),we will be throwing the ball so much that Q , Fitz, and Johnson will need a rest during the game.:confused:
for all we know we could be picking them up for special teams since Morey hasn't really done anything..probly the same reason why we picked up Urban since he is a ST'er..so now we got 2 gunners i guess..

ItsInTheCards

Bomb2Quan
Reaction score

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
they claimed him in case they didnt get Urban

since they got Jerheme, they declined Young, so Young is still a FA

Correct.

Just becuase you put in a claim it doesnt mean you have to accept it. Cards wanted another WR so to make sure they put in two claims. They got their man in Urban so they didnt need to accept the claim of that other guy and he moves down the list to the next team that claimed him, if there was any.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Cards are looking for a special teams gunnr.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think the Cards got the wrong guy. I really liked Young and was surprised he was cut. But, he's now been let go by 2 teams so there must be something missing with him. He tore OSU up in their Nat'l championship year. Either way, Urban or Young, will have minimal impact on the team.