Okeafor Done; Moses, Urban are Cards

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
how is me saying Simeon Rice is not welcome saying not to upgrade?? and how is me saying because we have Rod Hood meaning not to get a nickle corner?? and how is tradeing a draft pick or a player helpful when you can sign a FA?? don't put words in my mouth its not healthy

Simeon Rice and Andre Dyson are upgrades...

...you said one is not welcome and we don't need the other/shouldn't waste a pick on them.

Nevermind.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
That would mean that we would have 2 position changes to make .. loss of continuity to me .. I do agree that Wells should be playing tackle in the first place, but moving him to tackle late in the season and replacing him with a backup at LG would be a shock to the Oline ...

100% agree...not a smart plan if indeed, that is the plan.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd have rather kept Patrick than Euhus.
Me too. (But I guess that's why they pay Whiz & Co. the big buckaroos).

I also see a pattern emerging: When deciding between 2 players - a rookie vs. a veteran - and the youngster hasn't stepped up to seize the moment, it appears as though the Cards will opt for experience nearly every time.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score

I also see a pattern emerging: When deciding between 2 players - a rookie vs. a veteran - and the youngster hasn't stepped up to seize the moment, it appears as though the Cards will opt for experience nearly every time.

Tough choice to. Do you keep a veteran who will see limited playing time as a back of the depth chart player just for those few times he will play a snap or becuase of injury. Or do you keep a project hoping for future dividends.

In this case with the top 2 TE's being question marks I think I would go with option number 1, for this scenerio only.

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
Boy, we only had 5 picks in the draft and cut two of them. What the hell does that say?

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't like all these cuts and additions it's really screwing with my Madden season

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy, we only had 5 picks in the draft and cut two of them. What the hell does that say?

Call me crazy but it says we have 3 draft picks left on the roster. Oh and its far from uncommon for 7th rounders to get the boot.

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
Yes.

5 Draft picks, 4 on roster and 1 should be on the PS.

I still like Patrick's long term potential.
i would of liked it if we cut Euhmus instead of Patrick but i really hope he clears waivers

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call me crazy but it says we have 3 draft picks left on the roster. Oh and its far from uncommon for 7th rounders to get the boot.

I'd rather they kept Patrick instead of Euhus. At least Patrick has the potential of being a good TE. It's not his fault his hammy injury got him off to a slow start. Euhus will never be more than a scrub.

But, it's Whisenhunt's team. Just win, and I won't care who he cuts.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Drinking again huh?

I guess you are. You really should put that stuff down :D

Seriously though, man, I hope you were trying to make a joke with that talented players post. A smilie would be nice. Otherwise, you're way overdosed on the kool aide, to the point of delirium.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess you are. You really should put that stuff down :D

Seriously though, man, I hope you were trying to make a joke with that talented players post. A smilie would be nice. Otherwise, you're way overdosed on the kool aide, to the point of delirium.

Ahhhh the great taste of kool ade.:D

Reaction score
I was just browsing nfl.com;s adam scheifter colum and found that the Cardinals have claimed another wide receiver from Pittsburgh. Walter Young. A third year wide receiver. I wonder who we will cut. Maybe Morey???? Check it out.

Reaction score
Tough choice to. Do you keep a veteran who will see limited playing time as a back of the depth chart player just for those few times he will play a snap or becuase of injury. Or do you keep a project hoping for future dividends.

In this case with the top 2 TE's being question marks I think I would go with option number 1, for this scenerio only.
Additional point to consider is that Patrick is eligible for the PS, whereas Euhus is not...

Also, I have a suspicion that we are going to see much more of Pope in the early season games than we have during preseason.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Ditto...

Here is an article on Urban. He also played with Seattle and had a 41yd catch against us.

"SEATTLE -- The Seattle Seahawks, already thinned by injuries at wide receiver, released Jerheme Urban, who has a stress fracture in his left foot.

Urban started his second career game Sunday at Arizona. He had a 46-yard catch late in the second quarter to set up a Seahawks touchdown before getting hurt. In four games this season, he caught seven passes for 151 yards."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2218906&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines
Urban is a good guy. He's another Kevin Kasper in the way that he's always kind of always right on the edge of either breaking out or fading out of the league forever.

When he was in Seattle, he was a fan favorite. The year we went to the Super Bowl, both Jackson and Engram went down for a few games at the same time. Then Jurevicius got knocked out of the game against Dallas. Urban came in as the number five receiver and had to finish the game as the number two. He stepped up big and made some key catches to help us win the game. Glad to see him catch on again.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Additional point to consider is that Patrick is eligible for the PS, whereas Euhus is not...

Also, I have a suspicion that we are going to see much more of Pope in the early season games than we have during preseason.

I'm sure that's a consideration. Also, Euhus might have some special teams potential.

Maybe, Euhus is a place-holder until the team signs Ernie Conwell or another vet TE after week one. You wouldn't want to sign a vet now as Joe as posted, because you're on the hook for their entire salary.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It means that our 3rd round pick was a bust. 7th rounder are hardly a lock to make the final roster.

That's better than only having two starters from your last 11 first round draft picks if Okeafor and Ross hadn't been injured.

On the positive side 9 are still in the NFL and 6 are still playing for the Cards, and now 4 are starters, and 2 will be regular game day contributors, and 1 is our QBOF, so that's a major improvement.

:koolaid:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave