Some advice for the new Suns posters

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
thats very nice of Gad but most of us who are signing up on this forum are avid posters of other boards, or we wouldn't know about forums altogether.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is a prime reason, that a lot of people think the Suns forum, is snooty.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow, let's make people feel as welcome as we can.

Everybody's been a n00b as some point, can't you just let people make mistakes and join in the forum without the need to post rules. Good lord

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, let's make people feel as welcome as we can.

Everybody's been a n00b as some point, can't you just let people make mistakes and join in the forum without the need to post rules. Good lord

:lmao:

I had to read this 4 times to make sure it was in fact Ryan that posted this...

Steel Sun

I hate John Paxson
Reaction score
I agree with you. People look at post counts, and automatically want to consider them a troll. It is unfair to new posters, and singling them out isn't the best idea, no matter how well intentioned. Maybe there should be a section to the Rules to the site about new posters, but posts slingling others out can be offensive.
this is true.
I have been a member on this site for about 2 years and enjoy to read everybodys views and ideas on different things.As you see my post count is basically nothing,but it is cool to see the other posters who agree and disagree on certain subjects.
I am a horrendous typer(hunt and peck)and just don't have alot of time to post.I do enjoy reading other fans viewpoints and I have been a Suns fan since 1976.I was also a season ticket holder from 88-94 and was at the game when John Paxson ended our season.(worst suns moment ever)
Hence the saying in my Avatar.
Anyway.......GO SUNS!!!!

OP
OP
Gaddabout

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, because I was shameful in not putting this in the initial post: Welcome all newcomers. A couple of clarifications:

- My point was not that people with high post counts deserve every benefit of the doubt. HOWEVER, people with high post counts are usually taking for granted that they are part of an on-going discussion. Just because it's a new thread doesn't mean they are thinking it's an entirely new discussion with an entirely new group of people. Someone jumped on elindholm for being a bandwagon fan. My goodness. This is someone making a bad judgment. Obviously, they know nothing about elindolm. LOL I didn't think many people were being very rational in respond to e's point, instead making personal accusations that were baseless.

- A good post is a good post regardless of post count. There is no doubt about that.

- More than anything, a lot of people have invested time (and in one case, money) to make this a community. There are people here who know the cap seemingly better than some NBA management teams -- and certainly better than ESPN basketball writers. There are people here who have incredible knowledge of entire rosters of players. I'm constantly amazed, and in my nearly three years here, I've learned it pays to not take a know-it-all stance. Shoot, I thought I'd earned that right when I came here having covered basketball professionally, but I'm the one constantly learning lessons from others.

OP
OP
Gaddabout

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've signed up to the site to reply to this post.

That was the most self-righteous post i have ever read anywhere! get over yourself!

i'm thinking about posting a million replies to different posts now so that this guy thinks i'm the biggest Suns fan in the world!!

get over yourself and let people talk about their team. Just because they might not always have time to post on these fairly insignificant forums doesnt mean they cant voice opinion. Unfortunately we cant all be as 'informed' and 'intelligent' as you when it comes to your, i mean our, Suns.

Once again, if you'd read any other posts around here, you'd know there wasn't a self-righteous word in that post. If all of you stick around that will make me very happy, because the herd gets thin around here in the off-season.

gosuns

Reaction score
Do spurs posters count? because sometimes i can't help myself. I am a newbie and this is the first time I have ever lived away from AZ and my suns. I really miss being there now

OP
OP
Gaddabout

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do spurs posters count? because sometimes i can't help myself. I am a newbie and this is the first time I have ever lived away from AZ and my suns. I really miss being there now

I know the feeling. I moved to bloody Sacramento in 2003 and this board was about the only connection I had with Phoenix. I came back in August of 2005. What a relief.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
First, because I was shameful in not putting this in the initial post: Welcome all newcomers. A couple of clarifications:

- My point was not that people with high post counts deserve every benefit of the doubt. HOWEVER, people with high post counts are usually taking for granted that they are part of an on-going discussion. Just because it's a new thread doesn't mean they are thinking it's an entirely new discussion with an entirely new group of people. Someone jumped on elindholm for being a bandwagon fan. My goodness. This is someone making a bad judgment. Obviously, they know nothing about elindolm. LOL I didn't think many people were being very rational in respond to e's point, instead making personal accusations that were baseless.

- A good post is a good post regardless of post count. There is no doubt about that.

- More than anything, a lot of people have invested time (and in one case, money) to make this a community. There are people here who know the cap seemingly better than some NBA management teams -- and certainly better than ESPN basketball writers. There are people here who have incredible knowledge of entire rosters of players. I'm constantly amazed, and in my nearly three years here, I've learned it pays to not take a know-it-all stance. Shoot, I thought I'd earned that right when I came here having covered basketball professionally, but I'm the one constantly learning lessons from others.

I didn't and don't have an issue with your initial post. I thought it was a pretty good idea.

It isn't really post count that matters. I think that some noob's don't take the time to think about who and what they are replying to and are too quick to point fingers and insult. I don't have a high post count considering the amount of time I have been here and probably about 200-300 have been just the past week or so.

I did however and still do just read alot and know that when someone like elindholm says something that might not be agreeable to me I am not going to question his dedication to the team because I have seen 100's if not 1000's of his posts. I guess what I am trying to say is that you have to try to get to know the poster before jumping to a conlusion or insulting someone. Ah its message boards though. It has always been like this and probably will never change. I guess that is why I spend tooo much of my life on them.

Imma shut up now because I don't think I am making much sense.

OP
OP
Gaddabout

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't and don't have an issue with your initial post. I thought it was a pretty good idea.

It isn't really post count that matters. I think that some noob's don't take the time to think about who and what they are replying to and are too quick to point fingers and insult. I don't have a high post count considering the amount of time I have been here and probably about 200-300 have been just the past week or so.

I did however and still do just read alot and know that when someone like elindholm says something that might not be agreeable to me I am not going to question his dedication to the team because I have seen 100's if not 1000's of his posts. I guess what I am trying to say is that you have to try to get to know the poster before jumping to a conlusion or insulting someone. Ah its message boards though. It has always been like this and probably will never change. I guess that is why I spend tooo much of my life on them.

Imma shut up now because I don't think I am making much sense.

No, man, you're making great sense. Got right to the heart of my post. Thanks for the clarification and the backup. I wasn't trying to put anyone in their place. I was hopefully shedding some light that this is not an ordinary sports board.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson