Record vs. Super Bowl Teams

Mel Gray TD

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have information about how the Cardinals did in the regular season when they played Super Bowl teams that year? For example, the Bears were in the Super Bowl last year and we lost to them on the Monday night game. (I still have nightmares) I think it would be neat to see how we have done against those teams from the first Super Bowl on. Did we play the Steelers in the regular season we they were having all of that success in the 1970's?

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
This site won't give you that exact information, but it does have good stat information since the Super Bowl era. You can see that there are only two teams the Cards have not beat in the league (Denver 0-7-1 and Jacksonville 0-2-0).

http://www.mcubed.net/

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
This site won't give you that exact information, but it does have good stat information since the Super Bowl era. You can see that there are only two teams the Cards have not beat in the league (Denver 0-7-1 and Jacksonville 0-2-0).

http://www.mcubed.net/

This is a cool site, it's also depressing as a Cards fan....I looked under the "Streaks" link for the Cards

Arizona Cardinals : streaks
Longest streaks:
In playoffs: 2 years - 1974..1975
Out of playoffs: 15 years - 1983..1997
Above .500: 4 years - 1974..1977
Under .500: 9 years - 1985..1993

Current streaks:
Out of playoffs: 8 years - 1999..2006
Under .500: 8 years - 1999..2006

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Current streaks:

And people wonder why we are all so bitter

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
I find this stat to be the most depressing. By decade, the Cards are progressively getting worse by decade. In the 1960's they had a winning percentage around 52%. In the 2000s, they are at 31.3%.

Arizona Cardinals win percentages per decade:

2000s: 31.3 %
1990s: 36.5 %
1980s: 41.1 %
1970s: 49.3 %
1960s: 51.8 %

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Current streaks:

And people wonder why we are all so bitter

Haven't you heard? The current roster is the most talented on assembled in decades! Except for: Calvin Pace, Bryant Johnson, Milford Brown, Elton Brown, Bertrand Berry, Chike Okeafor, Oliver Ross, J.J. Arrington, Marcel Shipp, Kurt Warner, and Kendrick Clancy. Without whom the team would be just as good, if not better off.

:thumbup:

SightsSoundsBach13

Registered
Reaction score
Haven't you heard? The current roster is the most talented on assembled in decades! Except for: Calvin Pace, Bryant Johnson, Milford Brown, Elton Brown, Bertrand Berry, Chike Okeafor, Oliver Ross, J.J. Arrington, Marcel Shipp, Kurt Warner, and Kendrick Clancy. Without whom the team would be just as good, if not better off.

People thought Devery Henderson and John Karney had nothing to offer in New Orleans until Sean Payton took over. With many of the same players as the previous season, the Minnesota Vikings went down from 4.0 to 2.8 yards per carry allowed when Mike Tomlin took over the defense.

We know nothing of the talent of Marcel Shipp because he has been running behind the worst offensive line with the worst technique. I would say that we have found that Arrington avoided contact in his rookie season but I would guess he has some talent or else Whisenhunt would've cut or traded him by now.

Bert has been battling injuries, but, when healthy I am confident he can still be a Pro Bowler.

Bryant Johnson is the envy of many teams in the NFL. Easily top ten for slot receivers.

Kurt Warner not talented? Doesn't he have one of the best completion percentages in NFL history? Once our offensive line started to gel, he threw for 360 and no turnovers to end the season.

The players on the roster I would regard as untalented, if any, would be Darnell Dockett because he occasionally gets outmuscled on run plays, Terrence Holt because he was a slow part of an atrocious pass defense last season and Eric Green because he has been burned countless times. But even they have a shot to turn things around with this coaching staff.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
People thought Devery Henderson and John Karney had nothing to offer in New Orleans until Sean Payton took over.
I agree with your point, but disagree about Karney. He was pretty good since he came in the league.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I agree with your point, but disagree about Karney. He was pretty good since he came in the league.

I thought the same thing. Karney is one of the best blocking fullbacks in the NFL, and maybe the best one under 25.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I find this stat to be the most depressing. By decade, the Cards are progressively getting worse by decade. In the 1960's they had a winning percentage around 52%. In the 2000s, they are at 31.3%.

Arizona Cardinals win percentages per decade:

2000s: 31.3 %
1990s: 36.5 %
1980s: 41.1 %
1970s: 49.3 %
1960s: 51.8 %

That makes sense, once free agency really took off we got left in the dust.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score

In regards to you including the bolded ones in your rant I have this to say: "Stop doing drugs they're obviously messing with your mind."

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

C'mon, dont hate on Kurt and Bert.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson