Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
check this out:..............

Kwamie Signs with San Diego;
Admits He Didn't Play Well

Candace Walters
The San Diego Tribune
Jun. 9, 2003 12:00 PM

Kwamie Lassiter agreed to terms Monday with the San Diego Chargers for reportedly the league minimum after an eventless free agency period.

"I really thought that I was the best safety in the NFL. I guess when teams looked at game film from last year, they were turned off by the fact that I quit on the Cardinals last year. I don't know what the big deal was though. Boston quit, and so did Thomas Jones, but they are making the coin."

Lassiter was the Cardinals designated franchise player last year when he pulled in the average pay for the top five safeties in the league. The problem was that he usually played like one of the bottom five.

"You know, I made big bucks, and I don't have any regrets. I will be a hall of fame player someday, because whenever anything goes bad, it's not my fault."

Lassiter is expected to help out the Chargers pass coverage which was last in the NFL last season stay last next season. When told of the move, Chargers star running back LaDanian Tomlinson replied, "It's a great move. When you add mediocre players to the mix, it just makes players like myself look better."

Blast away!!

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
You know....I think this story is BS....

Why? I found this story on the Cards own MB and pasted it here. After that I checked out the SDUT site for the story and it wasn't there. I then did a Google news search for the story and no luck.

Based on that I now believe the story is fake.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stronso
check this out:..............

Kwamie Signs with San Diego;
Admits He Didn't Play Well

Candace Walters
The San Diego Tribune
Jun. 9, 2003 12:00 PM

Kwamie Lassiter agreed to terms Monday with the San Diego Chargers for reportedly the league minimum after an eventless free agency period.

"I really thought that I was the best safety in the NFL. I guess when teams looked at game film from last year, they were turned off by the fact that I quit on the Cardinals last year. I don't know what the big deal was though. Boston quit, and so did Thomas Jones, but they are making the coin."

Lassiter was the Cardinals designated franchise player last year when he pulled in the average pay for the top five safeties in the league. The problem was that he usually played like one of the bottom five.

"You know, I made big bucks, and I don't have any regrets. I will be a hall of fame player someday, because whenever anything goes bad, it's not my fault."

Lassiter is expected to help out the Chargers pass coverage which was last in the NFL last season stay last next season. When told of the move, Chargers star running back LaDanian Tomlinson replied, "It's a great move. When you add mediocre players to the mix, it just makes players like myself look better."

Blast away!!

Okay - first with Kwammie - scr#w him! He was one of my favorite players until last year. What a freaking bitch. He deserves to rot in NFL hell (crap - he just left :D sorry had to - too easy). In all seriousness - he is delusional - Hall of Fame? Best Safety in the Game? Wow - okay - now there is a former Card I can really hate.

And did Tomlinson basically call his new teamate "mediocre" are am I niot getting something with that quote? If so, I think that it's pretty damn funny saying that Lassiter being on the team will make him look that much better - that can't be what he meant can it?

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stronso
You know....I think this story is BS....

Why? I found this story on the Cards own MB and pasted it here. After that I checked out the SDUT site for the story and it wasn't there. I then did a Google news search for the story and no luck.

Based on that I now believe the story is fake.

I also find it hard to believe that this was actually said. That AZCardinals site is notorious for bogus posts.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If it came from a thread at that site it's bullsh*t. They have been playing these "official release" games for a while over there.

Klass never said any such thing. Guaranteed.

Big_Red_One

Rookie
Reaction score
Correct Interview

http://www.chargers.com/news/headli...m?news_key=1209

Chargers sign safety Kwamie Lassiter
By David Neville, Chargers.com

06.09.03 - The Chargers strengthened their secondary with the signing of veteran free safety Kwamie Lassiter from the Arizona Cardinals to a three-year deal Monday night.
"Anytime you can add a tough, hard-nosed, experienced, productive player to your football team, it can only be a positive," said Executive Vice President-General Manager A.J. Smith. "We feel like we’ve signed an outstanding player in Kwamie Lassiter."

"I’m excited," said Lassiter. "It’s always exciting to be working with a staff and a bunch of young guys that are leaning towards winning. They have a good coaching staff here, and they’ve done a good job of getting a these guys in here and concentrating on the parts of the team where they had needs.

"I’m just happy to be here to help them out."

Lassiter, 6-0, 207, has spent all eight of his NFL seasons in Arizona. He started 16 games in each of the past four seasons (1999-2002), a span of 64 consecutive starts. Lassiter is known for his durability and has played in 110 straight games dating back to 1996.

"I’m here to do whatever it takes to win," said Lassiter. "My role is to help, mentor and tutor some of these young guys on all aspects of the game. That’s my job and that’s what I want to do.

"I had a lot of young guys in Arizona. Sometimes, you have to remind these guys to communicate. Don’t just go out there and see the play and say nothing. You have to communicate all the way through until the play is over with. Once they get that down, they can play free."

Lassiter’s career totals include 70 starts in 115 games, 709 tackles, 24 interceptions, four sacks, 34 passes broken up, four fumble recoveries and six forced fumbles. In 2002, he was third on the Cardinals’ defense with 119 tackles, adding two interceptions, eight passes broken up, one fumble recovery and one forced fumble while starting all 16 games.

Chargers fans may remember Lassiter from the 1998 season finale at Arizona’s Sun Devil Stadium when he tied an NFL single-game record with four interceptions to cement a 16-13 victory that sent the Cardinals to the playoffs.

Lassiter’s most productive NFL season came in 2001 when he set career highs with 169 tackles and nine interceptions.

Lassiter, 33, originally entered the NFL with Arizona in 1995 as a rookie free agent from the University of Kansas, where he was a three-year starter for the Jayhawks who collected 164 tackles and seven interceptions. As a senior in 1994, he earned second-team all-Big Eight honors with 76 tackles and three interceptions. Lassiter spent his first two collegiate seasons at Butler County Community College in El Dorado, Kansas.

Lassiter was born on Dec. 3, 1969 in Hampton, Virginia. He attended Menchville High School in Newport News, Virginia.

Lassiter joins a Chargers’ secondary that has been revamped since the end of last season. Cornerback Ryan McNeil has been moved to free safety and former starting free safety Rogers Beckett is lining up at strong safety. Quentin Jammer, San Diego’s top pick in the 2002 draft, is expected to start at one cornerback position, and several players are competing for the other starting cornerback spot, including Tay Cody, Kevin House and Tony Okanlawon, as well as 2003 draft picks Sammy Davis and Drayton Florence. In addition to Davis and Florence, the Chargers chose two safeties in this year’s draft: Terrence Kiel (second round) and Hanik Milligan (sixth round).

"I go out there and I try to lead by example," said Lassiter. "If you show these guys that it takes hard work to win, then they’ll put the team first and get it done. You have to show that week in and week out, every practice. Every game is a different game, so you have to continue to show up and soak up the knowledge of the older guys around you. That’s what I hope to bring to the young guys on this team. I want to show them how to practice and how to watch film and prepare for Sundays, show them the difference between college and the professional level."

If he said it, they did not print it!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first is obviously a fake......but funny. :thumbup:

Jim O

Reaction score
I am appalled that someone posted this made up crap...not Stronso, but the moron who posted it originally.

Kwamie is nothing but class. All he did was play his ass off his entire career...wanting nothing more than to help his team win. Some people think Kwamie quit on his team, I think they are wrong. I was at every practice last year and witnessed the unselfish play of Kwamie all year long. Kwamie practiced through the minor nicks and bruises while others watched from the sideline. He did that his whole career. I witnessed Kwamie dislocate a finger in a game late in the season only to return to the field two plays later. Kwamie did not quit and I believe he can help the Chargers.

I am actually sitting here making a collection of Kwamie highlights to send to the Chargers...not because they asked for them, but because I wanted to. I want to help him out just like he helped all of us out by getting the Cardinals to the playoffs. His attitude speaks for itself. It is a throwback. He is tough.

Though Kwamie's attitude and desire will be missed, I think Dexter Jackson is a good player with whom the Cardinals have a big future with. The Chargers will still get a few good years out of Kwamie.

Good luck Kwamie!

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jim Omohundro
I am appalled that someone posted this made up crap...not Stronso, but the moron who posted it originally.

There are a lot of jerkwads on the Cards official site that come over from the Lambs, Cowgirls sites etc. and post phony stories. You have to take every "official" post that you read over there with a grain of salt.

Jim O

Reaction score
Originally posted by Renz
There are a lot of jerkwads on the Cards official site that come over from the Lambs, Cowgirls sites etc. and post phony stories. You have to take every "official" post that you read over there with a grain of salt.

Yeah...people are idiots.

It is easy to be a coward behind a internet message board. I'd like to have Leonard Davis and Anthony Clement pound that double ******* who wrote the fake story.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jim Omohundro

Kwamie is nothing but class. All he did was play his ass off his entire career...wanting nothing more than to help his team win. Some people think Kwamie quit on his team, I think they are wrong. I was at every practice last year and witnessed the unselfish play of Kwamie all year long. Kwamie practiced through the minor nicks and bruises while others watched from the sideline. He did that his whole career. I witnessed Kwamie dislocate a finger in a game late in the season only to return to the field two plays later. Kwamie did not quit and I believe he can help the Chargers.

I am actually sitting here making a collection of Kwamie highlights to send to the Chargers...not because they asked for them, but because I wanted to. I want to help him out just like he helped all of us out by getting the Cardinals to the playoffs. His attitude speaks for itself. It is a throwback. He is tough.

Though Kwamie's attitude and desire will be missed, I think Dexter Jackson is a good player with whom the Cardinals have a big future with. The Chargers will still get a few good years out of Kwamie.

Good luck Kwamie!

Jim I don't disagree with you but why then didn't he get an offer from the Cards? It's not like we were talking a lot of coin?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Reddog
Jim I don't disagree with you but why then didn't he get an offer from the Cards? It's not like we were talking a lot of coin?

I guess Jim O doesn't do the contracts? If he did, Kwamie would be here I guess.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the reason the Cards didn't offer Lassiter a contract was because of his attitude. He was definetly unhappy and stated so in the press. This year, the Cards have gotten rid of everyone who wasn't happy to be here. I see a pattern here of weeding out the malcontents and bringing in players who will buy into the new system. That's one of the reasons I am so high on this team for this coming season. Veteran leadership, very strong 2nd and 3rd year players and a great crop of rookies. Not to mention one of the most rah-rah coaches in all of football. <p>I will miss Kwammie as he was one of my favorite players and now I will have to get my wife a new jersey (she had #42).

Mrs42

Reaction score
I have seen it all now!

I was going to comment on that first article, but thank God someone realized it was a fake. Kwamie doesn't talk like that for one and secondly he would never say half of what was stated in that article. I guess people are bored with their own lives that they try to make others look bad to the fans, get a life. Thanks Jim, it's refreshing to see a good comment these days.

Mrs42
....looks like my screenname will be changing. #42 is taken in SD....

Jim O

Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
I guess Jim O doesn't do the contracts? If he did, Kwamie would be here I guess.

Not really AJ. I was just giving my two cents on some posters previous opinions that Kwamie quit on the team. I have not seen those recently, but they were rampant before and I wanted to chime with my opinion before others did.

As Coach Mac always says, change is the only constant in the NFL. Sometimes a change can be great for both parties. The Chargers get a talented leader and the Cardinals get a solid saftey with a ring and a great upside. I think that Kwamie will be great for the Chargers and that Dexter will be great for the Cardinals. Hopefully it will be a win-win for all.

I just want to thank Kwamie for not going to Seattle. If he had, we would have to face him twice a year and that would have been bad! :cool:

Jim O

Reaction score
Re: I have seen it all now!

Originally posted by Mrs42
....looks like my screenname will be changing. #42 is taken in SD....

I saw on the roster that he picked up number 35. That will look odd!

You should tell the rookie RB P.J. Mays to give up #40 to Kwamie so he can honor Pat Tillman! :D

Last edited:

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not only is that kind of post tasteless, it is very dangerous legally.

A couple of years ago someone did the same thing with a "fake" press release from a company he posted on an internet stock board (I believe it was yahoo). The stock price moved in relation to it, the guy was busted and charged.

Posting opinions is one thing, but intentionally misquoting people and trying to make an article appear legit is not cool. Even if it is in jest.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by jw7
Not only is that kind of post tasteless, it is very dangerous legally.

A couple of years ago someone did the same thing with a "fake" press release from a company he posted on an internet stock board (I believe it was yahoo). The stock price moved in relation to it, the guy was busted and charged.

Posting opinions is one thing, but intentionally misquoting people and trying to make an article appear legit is not cool. Even if it is in jest.

While I think it was bush league, Klass stock isn't traded on the exchanges so the SEC are not a threat. Bad taste and poor judgement is protected by the constitution so expect to see more of this. I just hope it's the last relating to Klass. He deserves better.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Nice to see Mrs. 42 still stopping by! I wish you and your family all the best in San Diego.

Also, I find it interesting that Kwammie took #35. Showing a bit of respect to an old friend in Aeneas???

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Farewell

The easiest thing to do would be to back away from my feelings about Kwamie out of deference to Mrs42 and Jim O (both of whom I respect a lot).

But I cannot forget the negative things Kwamie said late last season nor can I wipe away the image in my mind of Kwamie dog-trotting after a Ram ball-carrier who was scoring in the red zone.

I wish Kwamie well. It's not an easy business. But I simply can't back off.

Regarding the "fake release" - I hate it. We strive for legitimacy and credibility on ASFN, the BRS, the official Cardinal site etc. When you can't trust what's being posted, the usefulness of any site as an info resource becomes undermined each time something like this occurs.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is BS and therefore I'm locking it down. Please refrain from making up Bogus articles and make sure you verify your source before posting!

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.