Are you Nukking kidding me? Dhop will never be happy in Az

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
So they're just going to act like the trade demands never happened. Like Dhop wasn't begging other teams to take him

They're just going to act like Dhop will be A-okay with our lack of offensive production. That Hopkins will be fine with running 3 second hot routes for the first 8 or so games

And then he's magically going to be cool with the quarterback he both literally and figuratively looks down on

DeAndre wants another payday

Now that everyone's passed on him - the only way to get paid is to re-establish his value - through his play on the field this year

I don't see Hopkins as being the patient type as he watches the clock expire

I think he will force a trade - other teams will just wait and see if we release him - and then he goes to whatever team he wants and we don't get jack ****

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Aren't the financial penalties super onerous now for players who sit out? I think he will play also but effort and play are two different things.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
So they're just going to act like the trade demands never happened. Like Dhop wasn't begging other teams to take him

They're just going to act like Dhop will be A-okay with our lack of offensive production. That Hopkins will be fine with running 3 second hot routes for the first 8 or so games

And then he's magically going to be cool with the quarterback he both literally and figuratively looks down on

DeAndre wants another payday

Now that everyone's passed on him - the only way to get paid is to re-establish his value - through his play on the field this year

I don't see Hopkins as being the patient type as he watches the clock expire

I think he will force a trade - other teams will just wait and see if we release him - and then he goes to whatever team he wants and we don't get jack ****
He tried to force a trade and obviously it failed. He will play.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Odd time for a rant. But, yeah, he's kinda stuck if he wants his money. $36M is a lot to sneeze at if you're him at his age. If no one's willing to give that up for him, his best option is probably to play so well he changes their minds. The Cards aren't just going to flatly cut him.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Odd time for a rant. But, yeah, he's kinda stuck if he wants his money. $36M is a lot to sneeze at if you're him at his age. If no one's willing to give that up for him, his best option is probably to play so well he changes their minds. The Cards aren't just going to flatly cut him.
I was reading the starting QB thread in here when it hit me

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My concern with DHop is he got to make his own rules the last three years. That’s not going to happen with this staff. Also, Monti showed he’s not going to bend over. Ain’t gonna happen. There’s truth to some of what you said and I’ve never been the biggest of DHop fans but he’s not a POS and he’s a HOF player for a reason. Dude is gonna show up and show why he’s still a top 5-10 receiver in the league. Hopefully whoever comes in at QB in game 2 after Colt gets hurt can get the ball to him.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he will be moved by the trade deadline unless we are all totally wrong about a terrible season.

Get ready for the weekly injury report. Hopkins, DNP.

Reactions: PJ1

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
History shows kind years on year 11 but 12 is another story. Plain and simple teams deemed him too old to trade what Cards wanted. The best thing he could do is try to be good on the Cardinals this season.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I would love to see him play on a contending team like the Bills for the few years he has left. Or a Cowboys like team who don't mind 'buying' a super bowl by getting whoever they need.