Least Interesting Team Ever?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think he's very good, as evidence by the those exact words you quoted. Also I didn't say he had no chance or that he's probably not going to get in.

The most recent CB's are Revis, Bailey, Woodson, Polamalu. He's almost as good as them, play wise and accolade wise. Of course he has a good chance, just wouldn't say 100% lock, so it's questionable. It's always crowded to get in.

He's also one of the few select jerseys I own. Some people enjoy being butthurt for some reason, I also haven't figured that out.
Polamalu was definitely a safety.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Polamalu was definitely a safety.

Derp I knew that. Was first doing DB's in general, didn't fix it.

The list for CB is short and the bar is high. PP isn't on the same level as Revis and Woodson.

Last edited:

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Houston Texans are the least interesting team in the history of the NFL, an expansion team which does not even really have a true history of losing worth calling a legacy due to their short time in the league... heck, even their name is generic and uninteresting

This article on Jack Easterby and the Texans was more interesting than anything involving the Cardinals.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Does it strike anyone else as odd we‘ve heard virtually nothing about how players are performing during OTAs?
I don't remember a lot of detailed reports last year either. The Cardinals seem to have virtually no media reporting on them.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

@Chopper0080 I'm not able to quote your post above but here's my response to your question "how is Petzings pedigree better than Kingsbury's?"

Per the info below, and prior to joining the Cardinals, Petzing had both NFL experience and success at the NFL level, while Kingsbury did not. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Minnesota Vikings[edit]​

In 2014, Petzing was hired by the Minnesota Vikings as an offensive assistant under head coach Mike Zimmer. In 2016, he was promoted to assistant wide receivers coach. In 2018, Petzing was promoted to assistant quarterbacks coach. In 2019, he was promoted to wide receivers coach.[1]

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The miss is easy. I’m nearly famous for agreeing QB Rodgers should have dropped. I wasn’t a big fan of the Humphries selection. He’s been steady.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

@Chopper0080 I'm not able to quote your post above but here's my response to your question "how is Petzings pedigree better than Kingsbury's?"

Per the info below, and prior to joining the Cardinals, Petzing had both NFL experience and success at the NFL level, while Kingsbury did not. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Minnesota Vikings[edit]​

In 2014, Petzing was hired by the Minnesota Vikings as an offensive assistant under head coach Mike Zimmer. In 2016, he was promoted to assistant wide receivers coach. In 2018, Petzing was promoted to assistant quarterbacks coach. In 2019, he was promoted to wide receivers coach.[1]
I don't believe this is the flex you think it is. By your logic, Shawn Jefferson has more pedigree than Drew Petzing, and should have been our OC. I don't know in what world making copies and doing gopher work for Mike Zimmer translates to offensive pedigree. After his one season as an actual position coach, the Vikings let him go.

I don't know if Petzing will be good or not. What I do know is he does not have any sort of historical success/experience to say he will. That is why I push back when he is categorized and some up-and-coming coach.

And only on this message board does the history of 4 years of an assistant coach, 1 year as a WR coach, 2 years as a TE coach, and 1 year as a QB coach make you a better offensive mind than 4 years as college QB (a couple of those years as one of the best), 4 years as a professional QB, 3 years as an OC, and 9 years as an HC.

We won't even get into the actual production of those offenses.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't believe this is the flex you think it is. By your logic, Shawn Jefferson has more pedigree than Drew Petzing, and should have been our OC. I don't know in what world making copies and doing gopher work for Mike Zimmer translates to offensive pedigree. After his one season as an actual position coach, the Vikings let him go.

I don't know if Petzing will be good or not. What I do know is he does not have any sort of historical success/experience to say he will. That is why I push back when he is categorized and some up-and-coming coach.

And only on this message board does the history of 4 years of an assistant coach, 1 year as a WR coach, 2 years as a TE coach, and 1 year as a QB coach make you a better offensive mind than 4 years as college QB (a couple of those years as one of the best), 4 years as a professional QB, 3 years as an OC, and 9 years as an HC.

We won't even get into the actual production of those offenses.
There's a significant amount of hopium in circulation regarding this coaching staff.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
There's a significant amount of hopium in circulation regarding this coaching staff.
and I am fine with blind hope from fans. But at least acknowledge that is what it is.

Changing this...

I'm pretty interested in the new coaching staff. All fresh, hungry, but unproven (at their new level) young minds. Unlike K2 however, they have a good pedigree. Specifically I'm looking forward to seeing their schemes, game management, and player development. It's reasonable to hope that this might be a special group.

to this...

I'm pretty interested in the new coaching staff. All fresh, hungry, but unproven (at their new level) young minds. Specifically I'm looking forward to seeing their schemes, game management, and player development.

Highlights hope without adding two blatantly false statements.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I can even say that I am interested in seeing what Kyler looks like playing more snaps under center. No idea if he will be better or worse, but I am interested.
I'm interested in seeing Kyler playing in more of a pro-style offense altogether. It's all nice talk right now, but this isn't an export of a college offense adjusted to the pro game. This offense will have roots in a pro system.

It'll be really interesting to see how that works out. But we'll probably wait until week 6-8 to find out, which is a bummer.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If you’re looking for stuff to read about the Cards’ rebuild; good luck. They are so uninteresting that there is virtually no media coverage outside of Arizona. Frankly, there’s nothing to report. The free agents were mostly stopgap or special teams support. The draft was more aimed at crushing 2024 (pressure’s on) than competing in 2023. This is a bad tram. With a history of near total disaster this year’s team ranks likely highly among the worst ever. There are a few, very few, interesting prospects. The front office thought so poorly of their predecessor they didn’t make a serious effort to re-sign their top free agents. They also didn’t pick up the fifth year option on their previous first round choice. In essence the new group said the old group was virtually a total failure. It’s not even clear the new regime intends to do much to enhance the hold over “star” who plays QB. If they could I believe they’d cut almost every player and start from scratch.

So here we go again. season ticket holders are asked to bet on the future or that they can sell those tickets to the visitor’s fans. After all, Arizona is a nice place to visit, especially if you can take in a win. Sadly the NFL just stands by with no standards applied to the efforts of existing owners. No one protects the fans. No one cares about them beyond getting their money. In point of fact they reward the biggest failures with the best potential prospects.

Arizona is not alone in ripping off fans. It’s an NFL tradition, yet we keep coming back for more. To paraphrase Henny Youngman, take my money; please. Fans could refuse to sell their tickets and sit home. This would deny the NFL the parking money (I know passes come with some tickets) and concession income. Over a season this amounts to millions of dollars. However, the NFL has always bet the fans won’t take that loss. They’ve always won that bet. In the end this is just another greed grab by an industry that’s built a tradition of stealing from fans. This is a monopoly and it’s easy to see why those are supposed to be illegal. In this case it’s deemed critical to protect the financial well-being of the owners.

Will this rebuild work? Who knows! The only thing I’m certain of is that the owners will feel little pain. Plus, if it does fail, another rebuild is sure to follow.
You forgot they have so little respect for the previous regimes drafting that not only didn’t they pick up year five for Simmons but they’re now moving collins to edge.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Josh Rosen? eh he wasn't THAT well thought of. That season was his one shot and he's bounced around the league as a fringe third QB ever since.

Peterson. Yeah he was still a star.

Fitzgerald was clearly in decline at that point.

Chandler Jones, sure.

David Johnson hadn't done anything in awhile at that point.

I'd counter that this team has more ok players throughout. The Wilks team was pretty much just a few good players and a bunch of dreck.
Dude we had a QB we drafted at 10 that hadn’t played yet. Everyone was hopeful we had a qb of the future. And Peterson and chandler were mikes above anyone on the current squad that’s likely to play a lot of games this season. It is what it is. You’re relying on hindsight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Josh Rosen affiliated with star power??? LOL
Before ever playing a snap he was equated with hope which is a reason for interest. Remember though that post talked about star power this thread is about interest. Rosen definitely generated more interest than a bunch of backups and scrubs who will likely play the position the majority of games this season. I’d just look back at the board back then and I’d imagine there are 10x posts about Rosen than about mccoy, blough, Driscoll that we’ll trot out this season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If Kingsbury, Keim, and VJ were still affiliated with the Cardinals, then yes, I would be depressed going into this season. They are NOT, so it will be very interesting to see what kind of identity we attempt to build. Show me a team that consistently leads the league in penalties, and I’ll show you a coaching staff that’s rotten to the core.
There is that. Good point. Even with poor talent we will get to see a new coaching staff. I hope to see some light at the end of tunnel even despite the lack of talent with which they’ll be working.

And hope it’s not the latest cardinals train.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We're talking about interesting teams. We'd traded up for Rosen in the first round, so that was exciting at the time, although the guy didn't pan out. Kyler coming off injury onto a horrible roster that can't compete generates little excitement. It's not about comparing the players overall, but the situations and the teams.
Stout, they’re arguing with 20-20 hindsight. Disingenuous when talking about interest level heading into a season. Just note it and ignore it. Virtually all of Brit’s arguments there don’t hold water, particularly his dismissal of a 19 sack guy as being less interesting than our current defensive pupu platter poop. That comment sealed the deal for me.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Meh that team wasn't particularly interesting once the season started. I watched the first game and said, "Golly this is a really bad football team, and also a poorly led one!" I probably only watched a few games from start to finish.

Maybe this year is the same, but there is the promise of Murray coming back. That team had no promise.
Wrong, it had the promise of Rosen coming in at QB. No matter how much we look back on that guy with disdain now he was QB we traded up for. Hoping he would be the QBOF held much more interest at the time than waiting for our injured QB to come back and lead a team we know will be awful.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Let's say Murray comes back and plays fairly well and the Cardinals can avoid being one of the most injured teams in football agai, I can see this happening.
It’s possible. But we’ll likely be in such a big hole that it’s more preview of 2024 than anything else at that point. To a degree we already know what we have with kyler - warts and all. We had nothing but hope for Rosen as the same juncture back then.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm pretty interested in the new coaching staff. All fresh, hungry, but unproven (at their new level) young minds. Unlike K2 however, they have a good pedigree. Specifically I'm looking forward to seeing their schemes, game management, and player development. It's reasonable to hope that this might be a special group.

And from an excitement standpoint, you have to admit MO has already moved the needle early in his tenure.

So for me just the leadership change makes this team worth watching, and I think they give off a different vibe than Keim/Wilks/McCoy/Joseph.
I would agree with you. But I think our perspective is one of diehard fans. The more casual fan has no interest in those minutea if they suck and are not exciting whilst sucking.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I would agree with you. But I think our perspective is one of diehard fans. The more casual fan has no interest in those minutea if they suck and are not exciting whilst sucking.
Field Yates said that he's substituting the Jaguars for the Cardinals when he discusses irrelevant teams in 2023.

"Cards-Rams is the most Thursday Night Football matchup ever."

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If were talking about "interesting" in terms of how much media play the team gets there has been far more talk about Hopkins, Budda and Kyler than anyone was talking about that 2018 team.
That’s not interest in the team, that’s interest in the players and their drama.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose