Wk 19 Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 05/15/23-05/21/23

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Buffalo Bills: Mitch Morse, C

One common theme to know: Just because a player is included doesn't mean it's a suggested course of action. Mitch Morse has been a quality center for a terrific Buffalo offense, making his first Pro Bowl last season. However, the Bills can save $6 million if he's released after June 1 and have Ryan Bates and Greg Mancz on the roster. They aren't necessarily upgrades but are immediate solutions.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score

Buffalo Bills: Mitch Morse, C

One common theme to know: Just because a player is included doesn't mean it's a suggested course of action. Mitch Morse has been a quality center for a terrific Buffalo offense, making his first Pro Bowl last season. However, the Bills can save $6 million if he's released after June 1 and have Ryan Bates and Greg Mancz on the roster. They aren't necessarily upgrades but are immediate solutions.
Morse is awesome, I watch almost every bills game. He would be a great option for a year or two.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Like I posted there are credible people telling me they think the Cards could lose every game!
No doubt. I do think there's enough talent to squeeze a win in somewhere. Teams never show what they are until the season starts. Some teams will have rougher starts than we think, and some will be tougher than it looks right now on paper.

I will be happy to just see progress in pre game prep for the team. Do they look ready? Do they start strong? Also, what is game management look like? Can we make adjustments in game? Are players staying healthy? Are the young guys making progress throughout the year? Do our draft picks look like good ones? Does the GM make good pick ups before the season and in season? Did the culture really change? That is probably the biggest question of all. There's a lot to look forward to.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
No doubt. I do think there's enough talent to squeeze a win in somewhere. Teams never show what they are until the season starts. Some teams will have rougher starts than we think, and some will be tougher than it looks right now on paper.

I will be happy to just see progress in pre game prep for the team. Do they look ready? Do they start strong? Also, what is game management look like? Can we make adjustments in game? Are players staying healthy? Are the young guys making progress throughout the year? Do our draft picks look like good ones? Does the GM make good pick ups before the season and in season? Did the culture really change? That is probably the biggest question of all. There's a lot to look forward to.
I think the Cards win in Washington, week 1. Washington seemingly always has slow starts and plays very conservative, plus they have a ton of question marks, too. It should really be a pick'em game in Vegas, not Cards +5.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think the Cards win in Washington, week 1. Washington seemingly always has slow starts and plays very conservative, plus they have a ton of question marks, too. It should really be a pick'em game in Vegas, not Cards +5.
I can see that. The +5 is probably all the question marks we have going in. If past play is any indication, our coaching changes have taken time to adjust. I would be REALLY impressed if a polished looking team took the field for us in week 1.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

It’s actually hard to lose them all. I think they win 3-4.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I'm actually glad the Cowpies have 6 primetime games, 8 don't have to waste any time watching them

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He's a numbers dude...and obviously this is all based on Kyler playing.
Maybe in two or three years we will get a prime-time game. I don't see us being good next year.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was wondering, I know this is a REMOTE possibility, but what if one of our QBs goes all Brock Purdy and wins a bunch of games before Murray comes back? I have always been on the side, you stay with the hot hand. That would be the ideal situation. You would possibly get to keep Murray out longer to heal, and you would be developing a trade asset with whichever QB was going Brock Purdy. One can dream.