Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning (Part One) (aka M:I 7)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Tom I trust. Honestly, if it were not for this guy and a couple other big franchises the modern-day blockbuster might be dead by now. My one minor complaint about the trailer is the trailer music seems muted somehow. I want to hear a big score with this footage.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. I can't wait. I think Tom Cruise is single handedly holding the Movie business afloat.

P.S. I read an article the other day that Tom regrets them killing off Emilio's character in the first one. They were trying to figure out a way to bring his character back but couldn't find a way to make it make sense.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow. I can't wait. I think Tom Cruise is single handedly holding the Movie business afloat.

P.S. I read an article the other day that Tom regrets them killing off Emilio's character in the first one. They were trying to figure out a way to bring his character back but couldn't find a way to make it make sense.

Its strange, but him dying in the very first part of that movie bummed me out and still does.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its strange, but him dying in the very first part of that movie bummed me out and still does.
This. I always thought it was a huge mistake to kill off the original IMF team. The studio wanted it to be a Tom Cruise vehicle verses an ensemble with escalating salaries. Which is ironic since some of the cast seems mainstays the past several films (Rhames, Pegg, now Ferguson).

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This. I always thought it was a huge mistake to kill off the original IMF team. The studio wanted it to be a Tom Cruise vehicle verses an ensemble with escalating salaries. Which is ironic since some of the cast seems mainstays the past several films (Rhames, Pegg, now Ferguson).

I understand that, but at the time, I bet they didn't think this would be as huge as it is, do you? So they can now afford the mainstays as at the time, they mainstays weren't the heavy hitters at the time.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand that, but at the time, I bet they didn't think this would be as huge as it is, do you? So they can now afford the mainstays as at the time, they mainstays weren't the heavy hitters at the time.
Maybe but I am sure paying Tom's salary for the foreseeable future likely had something to do with it as well. I mean their goal had to be setting up a franchise.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dad never watched another MI film after the first one because he was a huge fan of the TV series and didn't care for what they did to the character of Jim Phelps in that movie.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fallout was a top-5 action movie of all time so I’m freaking IN!!!
Yeah… that movie kicked all kinds of ass, especially because almost all of Cruise’s stunts were practical. Just gives a more visceral thrill to the action when you know the character is actually doing the death defying feats (with the help of some wire work for safety).

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Yeah… that movie kicked all kinds of ass, especially because almost all of Cruise’s stunts were practical. Just gives a more visceral thrill to the action when you know the character is actually doing the death defying feats (with the help of some wire work for safety).
Didn't they keep the ankle break in the movie? What a dreamboat...... haha

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another really good installment. Went to see this with the fam yesterday. Everytime I think this franchise is going to run out of legs it doesn't. I have said this before but Tom Cruise might be the least megastar left in Hollywood.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom Cruise does it again…

This was fantastic. Beginning to end. Thought 2 hours and 45 would be too long but man was I wrong. Can’t wait for the next installment.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a little underwhelmed. Expectations were way too high. Thought it was good, but nothing close to Fallout and still behind Ghost Protocol/Rogue Nation.

Actually would put it under the OG as well.

That’s not to say it wasn’t entertaining. It was and Haley Atwell is a good addition to the team. Just expected a little more.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a little underwhelmed. Expectations were way too high. Thought it was good, but nothing close to Fallout and still behind Ghost Protocol/Rogue Nation.

Actually would put it under the OG as well.

That’s not to say it wasn’t entertaining. It was and Haley Atwell is a good addition to the team. Just expected a little more.
Once part 2 comes out it will feel like a more completely story I think.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought this was straight trash. Way to predictable and too long.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose