Week 17-Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 05/1/23-05/7/23

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is everything we said. It's ugly. Maybe we are taking Caleb Williams without some vast improvement.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is everything we said. It's ugly. Maybe we are taking Caleb Williams without some vast improvement.

Those long throws were bad, considering it was one of his strength, deep ball accuracy, don't know if he changed some of his mechanism or just lost some confidence after he saw the line couldn't give him enough time and was too scared to get hit

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Murray gets back on track soon.

There's a lot on there about him deciding who is throwing too pre snap, only throwing the alert route and one on ones, not going through reads etc that is concerning. It's all been said before but scary watching it be laid out like that. He has a lot to work on.

netsnjkidd

Veteran
Reaction score
There's a lot on there about him deciding who is throwing too pre snap, only throwing the alert route and one on ones, not going through reads etc that is concerning. It's all been said before but scary watching it be laid out like that. He has a lot to work on.
This will be his first year in an actually NFL offense. Under center, Shanahan type offense. So will see how he actually does, with real coaching.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

a day or so ago, i watched this hopeful it would tell us something on why Kyler went from one of the best deep throwers to the worst

he didnt. I get all the stuff about not going through reads, etc

but all those things were true years 1-3 and his deep accuracy was outstanding. Dhop was back after 6 weeks last year -- but deep accuracy never improved

this dynamic is never explained

as a result, this feels like a rehash of stuff other people have pointed out numerous times

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards feature from around 13:30

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

*from the vid:

His 5.6% is the lowest completion % for any QB targeting these distances since AT LEAST 2000 (when these stats were first starting to be tracked in this detail).

Can I get an OOOOOF, my brothers and sisters???