Week 17-Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 05/1/23-05/7/23

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep. Great plan lol

That's what it is, a plan. Josh Jones is almost certainly gone next year. Beachum is 34.

We currently have 2 tackles on the roster likely to be here past this year.

Drafts should be a plan for next year. Bad teams are drafting for now.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That's what it is, a plan. Josh Jones is almost certainly gone next year. Beachum is 34.

We currently have 2 tackles on the roster likely to be here past this year.

Drafts should be a plan for next year. Bad teams are drafting for now.
Oh, I agree that you should be drafting for the future. Deciding, on purpose, to so drastically neglect the DL, however, is terrible planning. Makes no sense.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh, I agree that you should be drafting for the future. Deciding, on purpose, to so drastically neglect the DL, however, is terrible planning. Makes no sense.

DL class sucked. Better to take an 7 at CB than a 4 at DT.

Just drafting a DT for the sake of saying you did something would be a bad idea.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The draft isn't the only place to acquire new players.

What would be the point?

You said yourself recently that you see the plan now. What would adding a free agent DT achieve other than less cap space to roll over?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What would be the point?

You said yourself recently that you see the plan now. What would adding a free agent DT achieve other than less cap space to roll over?
I don't see the plan, or at any rate a good one. Cap space is worthless to a team if you don't/can't/aren't willing to use it. You're also not limited to signing 1-year deals. You also aren't wise if you're expecting to go on a ginormous FA spending spree rather than using cap space wisely year after year--which we haven't done because who is actually staying here long-term for the rebuild again? Besides rookies? Right now, I can count on one hand the number of long-term players we have.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The Athletic ranking on this year’s picks only, put them 17 out of 31.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
It does appear that Ossenfort does have some kind of long term plan he is putting in place which at the very least is better than the Steve Keim plan of coming into the office each day and saying "Well what do you think we should do today?"

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It does appear that Ossenfort does have some kind of long term plan he is putting in place which at the very least is better than the Steve Keim plan of coming into the office each day and saying "Well what do you think we should do today?"

I wonder if Keim suffered long term from his time with BA. BA just made it easy for him. Keim's first 5 years as a GM BA just made the crap that Keim did work out.

Then BA went and Keim was like "I'll just keep on doing what I did before, that worked for me". Without knowing it was BA made it work and not him.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
That Odegard article is significant as someone who knows more about the Cardinals' travails over the past few months. I choose to optimistic about the long term and realistic about the near-term. I still want the Cardinals to win lots of games this year, especially against the Division. But the team was not competitive against the Niners last year. It had to reload.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
That Odegard article is significant as someone who knows more about the Cardinals' travails over the past few months. I choose to optimistic about the long term and realistic about the near-term. I still want the Cardinals to win lots of games this year, especially against the Division. But the team was not competitive against the Niners last year. It had to reload.
He's also someone who could just go dark and negative about the team whenever he wants, due to how he was fired...but he doesn't. When he writes anything remotely positive I pay attention.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose