MCU: Captain America: Brave New World

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Harrison Ford was notoriously picky his entire career about his roles. I was watching an interview with him. He is basically saying screw it. He is very self-aware about his age and time left acting. He is just trying to have fun with the time he has left and the paychecks don't hurt. HF is an icon.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harrison Ford was notoriously picky his entire career about his roles. I was watching an interview with him. He is basically saying screw it. He is very self-aware about his age and time left acting. He is just trying to have fun with the time he has left and the paychecks don't hurt. HF is an icon.
he never got to that Paul Newman place I hoped he would. Newman was a leading man, with the same kinda rogue-ish charm as Ford, but as he got older, turned into an incredible character actor with movies like The Verdict, The Color Of Money, even Hudsucker Proxy where he stretched himself.

It's a bummer that Ford's never really done that.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
he never got to that Paul Newman place I hoped he would. Newman was a leading man, with the same kinda rogue-ish charm as Ford, but as he got older, turned into an incredible character actor with movies like The Verdict, The Color Of Money, even Hudsucker Proxy where he stretched himself.

Honestly? I would rather see him have fun at the end of his career.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s had “fun” his entire career. I’d rather him actually do something interesting/challenging.
Nah....at the end of my life why would I want to take on things that are mentally taxing? Dude he is up there. His place in Hollywood history is solidified. He still has enough clout do to what he wants. I would imagine that's what he is doing. What he wants. I hope I can do the same when I retire.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah....at the end of my life why would I want to take on things that are mentally taxing? Dude he is up there. His place in Hollywood history is solidified. He still has enough clout do to what he wants. I would imagine that's what he is doing. What he wants. I hope I can do the same when I retire.
Maybe because… he’s an actor and good actors like to actually do interesting work? The idea that taking meaty roles would be “mentally taxing” to any actor I know or have worked with is pretty out there.

This is just lazy and taking another big paycheck.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe because… he’s an actor and good actors like to actually do interesting work? The idea that taking meaty roles would be “mentally taxing” to any actor I know or have worked with is pretty out there.

This is just lazy and taking another big paycheck.
No because it's human nature as we get older to want to enjoy our later years in life and have fun with the time we have left. I am sure taking a huge paycheck while you still can is another reason. He has nothing to prove to anybody. He is an icon already. Would it be cool if he could get an Oscar before he retires? Sure....but hardly necessarily to solidify his career.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Between her, The Leader and Captain Ross, does anyone feel like this seems more like a Hulk movie than a Captain America 2?

Maybe Hulk’s in this and this is just Marvel’s end run around the Universal deal tie up in the rights to really make a Hulk movie on the kinda down low, using Cap as legal cover.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Between her, The Leader and Captain Ross, does anyone feel like this seems more like a Hulk movie than a Captain America 2?

Maybe Hulk’s in this and this is just Marvel’s end run around the Universal deal tie up in the rights to really make a Hulk movie on the kinda down low, using Cap as legal cover.
Yep. First thing I thought of. I mean they basically did the same thing for Thor Ragnarok. They borrowed heavily from the Planet Hulk storyline.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. First thing I thought of. I mean they basically did the same thing for Thor Ragnarok. They borrowed heavily from the Planet Hulk storyline.
That would get me a little more juiced for this one.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No because it's human nature as we get older to want to enjoy our later years in life and have fun with the time we have left. I am sure taking a huge paycheck while you still can is another reason. He has nothing to prove to anybody. He is an icon already. Would it be cool if he could get an Oscar before he retires? Sure....but hardly necessarily to solidify his career.
While I’d still like to see Ford stretch a little more, his performance in Destiny made me do a 180 here. When he’s actually engaged, he’s still brings movie star swagger to the screen. But that was the first time I’ve seen that in a while. Even in Force Awakens, I didn’t think he was dialed in all the way with that Han performance.

But if he’s dialed in here, it will be fun to see him chew scenery as a great villain.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I’d still like to see Ford stretch a little more, his performance in Destiny made me do a 180 here. When he’s actually engaged, he’s still brings movie star swagger to the screen. But that was the first time I’ve seen that in a while. Even in Force Awakens, I didn’t think he was dialed in all the way with that Han performance.

But if he’s dialed in here, it will be fun to see him chew scenery as a great villain.
Blast from the past post but yeah agree here. Dude is an icon and this movie had far more meat for him to chew on.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Regarding Henry?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… Marvels is bombing HARD. Deadpool’s up next and I expect that to be successful, but between B-team Captain America and the B-Team Black Widow Team movies coming after, I think they’re gonna have two more bombs on the way there as well.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This movie is going to bomb. I hope I am wrong and it is fantastic but I have a feeling.