TV Options

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m thinking about cutting cable next season but don’t want to miss any Suns games.

Would like to hear from anyone that lives in the valley that doesn’t have cable to ask what options there are for watching the games.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well it’s the Bally’s sports app right now. $20 a month. But with them going bankrupt, who knows what will be available next season.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I’m thinking about cutting cable next season but don’t want to miss any Suns games.

Would like to hear from anyone that lives in the valley that doesn’t have cable to ask what options there are for watching the games.
League pass. But there are blackout restrictions. Perfect for out of state people.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bally's is the only option outside of streams, which aren't legal but as stated that's up in the air with their bankruptcy pending. Still cheaper than cable to subscribe to Bally's and a few other services to give you what cable did.

I'm really hoping Amazon gets the NBA streaming rights when those come up. We'll see what happens but I believe we're like 2 years away from a possible dramatic shift in how the NBA is presented.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where do you live? League Pass isn't an option for Phoenix folks as it's subject to blackout rules.
Easy fix, just find an online buddy that lives and follows another team elsewhere, then switch allegiances with him/her. Then you can get League pass for your new team and you'll be less likely to suffer blackouts. It's pure genius.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy fix, just find an online buddy that lives and follows another team elsewhere, then switch allegiances with him/her. Then you can get League pass for your new team and you'll be less likely to suffer blackouts. It's pure genius.

I've heard it's possible to get blacked out games with a VPN but not sure about the way you describe as it's location based for log-ins so if I logged in with someone who subbed to the Suns package from a different state then it'd be blacked out here in Phoenix.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard it's possible to get blacked out games with a VPN but not sure about the way you describe as it's location based for log-ins so if I logged in with someone who subbed to the Suns package from a different state then it'd be blacked out here in Phoenix.
I was kidding by suggesting a Phoenix area Suns fan should switch allegiances with a Detroit based Pistons fan, then each could get League Pass for an out of town team. The teams would retain the same number of fans so all would be great in the world. It's a foolproof solution that satisfies no one.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was kidding by suggesting a Phoenix area Suns fan should switch allegiances with a Detroit based Pistons fan, then each could get League Pass for an out of town team. The teams would retain the same number of fans so all would be great in the world. It's a foolproof solution that satisfies no one.

You and your friend in detroit could use webcams pointed at your tvs so you could each watch your local team.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The league pass blackout stuff is goofy. I live in Seattle and have Blazers games blacked out.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
It's just laundry, after all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose