Suns @ Lakers Wednesday game thread 3-22-2023

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More desperate also rans would’ve upped the competition for him. Maybe the Celtics seriously consider bolstered package if they’ve got two close calls but no cigar.
Exactly. Saying the market would definitly sucks seems like trying to push a narrative. I don't know and nobody else does either what teams will do after the playoffs this year.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly. Saying the market would definitly sucks seems like trying to push a narrative. I don't know and nobody else does either what teams will do after the playoffs this year.

I'm not saying it would definitely suck, but the idea that it would IMPROVE from last season makes no sense.

I cannot fathom them getting a haul after yet another injury riddled season.

If you guys think Boston is itching to trade Brown and a boat load of picks for Durant this summer then the Suns would be wise to jump on that.

Personally... I don't think there is even a remote chance that Boston was ever considering such a trade.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying it would definitely suck, but the idea that it would IMPROVE from last season makes no sense.

If you guys think Boston is itching to trade Brown and a boat load of picks for Durant this summer then the Suns would be wise to jump on that.

Personally... I don't think there is even a remote chance that Boston was ever considering such a trade.
The idea that you could possibly know that makes no sense. Especially, if he comes back and has no issues. Those are simply things nobody could predict. It only takes one team too. There is always that team.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Only because we caved. The Nets didn't have a lot of alternatives. We can go in circles but Cam, + filler + picks is a better offer than anything they had and IMO, they absolutely had to move him.

I know there was the trade deadline, and they were a motivated seller.

I keep saying it and I've yet to hear a reasonable explanation:

The Nets have said they would have made the same deal in the summer... we refused. Why then, months later would we give them exactly what they want when their position had become deeply imperiled? Their franchise was imploding, Durant demanded out (again), Durant was hurt (again).

We caved. Period.
No that wouldn’t have been the best deal. Cam on an expiring deal picks and filler? Cmon. No one in their right mind believes that gets it done.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

This is based on nothing. By all accounts this was a serious consideration that likely only increases if the cent is come up short again.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Personally I can’t believe people are still whining about this. It happened. For better or worse it’s what we got. If he’s healthy we’ve got a legit shot. If he’s not we don’t. Guess we’ll see.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is based on nothing. By all accounts this was a serious consideration that likely only increases if the cent is come up short again.
Who knows. Last summer there was a report from Shams that they'd offered Brown and Derrick White and that the Nets said no, it needed to include Marcus Smart. And then there was the report that the Nets demanded Brown and Tatum. And then there were the denials and the laughter around the league when most of the talking heads agreed that the Nets were demanding a full slate of unprotected picks plus an all star level young player plus an additional young starter. And more denials. Then, at this most recent deadline more Celtic rumors made the circuits but this time the majority owner went on a radio show and said that all the rumors about the Nets and Celtics were just that, rumors. He also said the GM makes inquiries around the league regularly checking the value of their players and others but that Brown was not going anywhere. So again, who knows.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I can’t believe people are still whining about this. It happened. For better or worse it’s what we got. If he’s healthy we’ve got a legit shot. If he’s not we don’t. Guess we’ll see.
Trading for Durant, for good or not, is one of the biggest decisions this franchise has ever made. Of course it's going to generate discussion. But I think it's unfair to label it as just "whining", it's that at times but it's also a give and take. Most of the comments come in response to points made by the side that thinks it was the right move - and those comments came in response to posts from the detractors. And so on.

And every game that Durant misses and every game we lose and every game our departed players just brings the conversation back again. Hopefully KD will get back, we'll win games and for awhile, that will be the big subject of the day.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No that wouldn’t have been the best deal. Cam on an expiring deal picks and filler? Cmon. No one in their right mind believes that gets it done.
It’s an argument completely without evidence AND flying in the face of multiple reports that the Celtics were ready to pull the trigger on Jaylen Brown and stuff for KD but Brooklyn wanted too much.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who knows. Last summer there was a report from Shams that they'd offered Brown and Derrick White and that the Nets said no, it needed to include Marcus Smart. And then there was the report that the Nets demanded Brown and Tatum. And then there were the denials and the laughter around the league when most of the talking heads agreed that the Nets were demanding a full slate of unprotected picks plus an all star level young player plus an additional young starter. And more denials. Then, at this most recent deadline more Celtic rumors made the circuits but this time the majority owner went on a radio show and said that all the rumors about the Nets and Celtics were just that, rumors. He also said the GM makes inquiries around the league regularly checking the value of their players and others but that Brown was not going anywhere. So again, who knows.
Right… that’s why Jaylen Brown speaks so highly of the Celtics and hasn’t given any indication that he’s beyond annoyed that they dangled him in that trade.

Oh, wait… he has gone on record pissed about all that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on Ouchie. A constantly injured 27 year old who’s about to be a RFA and guaranteed Low level draft picks could have easily gotten it done!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on Ouchie. A constantly injured 27 year old who’s about to be a RFA and guaranteed Low level draft picks could have easily gotten it done!

It would have been the highest price paid for anyone of Durant's age... not to mention injury history. And you call Cam Johnson constantly injured... which he certainly has had injury problems... yet Durant makes him look like an iron man.

And the picks on the back end are likely to be very juicy for the Nets.

And I will say this again because no one has answered:

The Nets have said they would have made the same deal in the summer... we refused. Why then, months later would we give them exactly what they want when their position had become deeply imperiled? Their franchise was imploding, Durant demanded out (again), Durant was hurt (again).

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It would have been the highest price paid for anyone of Durant's age... not to mention injury history. And you call Cam Johnson constantly injured... which he certainly has had injury problems... yet Durant makes him look like an iron man.

And the picks on the back end are likely to be very juicy for the Nets.

And I will say this again because no one has answered:

Why does any of this matter?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I guess not caring at all would be one way to approach things when I think a team I root for screwed the pooch.

Hell, why does anything matter?

Imma go read some Nietzsche.
Lol

You know this is ridiculous. But you go ahead and die on this hill.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Trading for Durant, for good or not, is one of the biggest decisions this franchise has ever made. Of course it's going to generate discussion. But I think it's unfair to label it as just "whining", it's that at times but it's also a give and take. Most of the comments come in response to points made by the side that thinks it was the right move - and those comments came in response to posts from the detractors. And so on.

And every game that Durant misses and every game we lose and every game our departed players just brings the conversation back again. Hopefully KD will get back, we'll win games and for awhile, that will be the big subject of the day.
It’s just the same damn words day after day, thread after thread, post after post. If someone had anything unique to state about it I’m game but at this point the whole thing is just senseless droning.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s just the same damn words day after day, thread after thread, post after post. If someone had anything unique to state about it I’m game but at this point the whole thing is just senseless droning.

You only feel that way because you were one of the most vocal supporters of the trade and how the Suns finally swung for the fences. I believe you said the price was worth it. Now that we've had some time to actually see how the team has played since the deal and how they're in real danger of slipping into the lottery, was the trade worth it? I'd say no at this point but I've also said they paid way too high of a price from the start. Each time I said they paid too much, as well as others, you and others would tell us that's the cost of being a legit contender and winning a championship. I know it's too early to say whether the deal results in a title or not but the chances this team suddenly becomes the top team in the league arent very good.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You only feel that way because you were one of the most vocal supporters of the trade and how the Suns finally swung for the fences. I believe you said the price was worth it. Now that we've had some time to actually see how the team has played since the deal and how they're in real danger of slipping into the lottery, was the trade worth it? I'd say no at this point but I've also said they paid way too high of a price from the start. Each time I said they paid too much, as well as others, you and others would tell us that's the cost of being a legit contender and winning a championship. I know it's too early to say whether the deal results in a title or not but the chances this team suddenly becomes the top team in the league arent very good.
You literally just typed nothing new to the conversation and proved my point.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You literally just typed nothing new to the conversation and proved my point.

You have no problem seeing and repeating the same thing when you're right. When you're wrong, you pout and call for silence. That's fine, just remember that next time you want to gloat endlessly.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You have no problem seeing and repeating the same thing when you're right. When you're wrong, you pout and call for silence. That's fine, just remember that next time you want to gloat endlessly.
You shouldn’t really talk about repeating the same thing over and over. Lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That’s not me, man. I’m not really a told you so guy either. I’m also not pouting, just pointing out how some posters just drone on and on and on never even bring up an alternative view or unique thought about this at this point. I’m game to discuss if there was something new presented. But there just hasn’t been. Sorry if my pointing it out for you gets your panties in a bunch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose