Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know one thing. Not playing Ish doesn’t mean Monty is CONCISE in his lineups. What a joke.
So has D Lee been totally supplanted by Ross and Warren? Because none of them are greatly defensively but D Lee has to at least get some burn. Man our bench is terrible and CP3 is done…he can’t elevate anymore. He’s trying. He really is but he can’t take over a game anymore.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Book has absolutely nobody he can depend on. Paul is a shell of his former self and if Ayton isn’t playing they don’t stand a chance to win many games. Even with Ayton, Ayton has to be on his game.

KD needs to comeback ASAP or we are in trouble.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Too bad the Suns gave up their first-round pick this summer. It might be in the lottery.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad the Suns gave up their first-round pick this summer. It might be in the lottery.

But I thought the picks didn't matter since we became a title contender and would fill out the roster with all of the buyout veterans ring chasing.

Yes, I'm being sarcastic and a little sour over everything Suns related.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty talking about the discrepancy in free throws again... 46 vs 20.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Monty talking about the discrepancy in free throws again... 46 vs 20.

I don't know how to respond to that. I mean he's right, but I think a lot of it is the Suns commitment to finesse play and finesse players. At the end of the day, the solution may be that the Suns need to move on from Monty and JJ, who both seem resistant to putting together a roster and/or implement an in-game philosophy that can compete with the more physical teams in the league.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's disheartening to see the Suns in this situation as the sand runs out of the hourglass.

The Suns have lost five out of their last six games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how to respond to that. I mean he's right, but I think a lot of it is the Suns commitment to finesse play and finesse players. At the end of the day, the solution may be that the Suns need to move on from Monty and JJ, who both seem resistant to putting together a roster and/or implement an in-game philosophy that can compete with the more physical teams in the league.

I put the most blame on James Jones who put the roster together.

Jae Crowder should have been traded long before the trade deadline. The third point guard never arrived. But if a change needs to be made, I agree, both Monty and Jones need to go. Can't blame Robert Sarver anymore.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jae Crowder should have been traded long before the trade deadline. The third point guard never arrived. But if a change needs to be made, I agree, both Monty and Jones need to go. Can't blame Robert Sarver anymore.

I'm for James Jones being let go but I also think it would be a bit of a cop out if he is fired since word is Ishbia pushed the trade through rather than JJ. We wouldn't be in danger of falling into the lottery or play in had that deal not been made. Firing JJ or Monty for trying to salvage the season will reflect poorly on Ishbia.

I do agree with everything about JJ not moving Jae in a timely fashion and also doing a poor job of securing any sort of depth for this team last offseason. I think he should be fired and was on that train early I just don't like the optics of firing someone for something he didn't do. I think Ishbia pushing through the KD trade bought JJ another turn at the plate though, for better or worse.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What a shocker. Complaining AFTER the fact once again. Find a new slant Monty.
Yeah it’s a losing battle. Do the Suns get hosed on calls…sometimes. But even if it seems egregious, we only have 1 shotmaker who can draw a foul and he’s hit or miss depending on the whistle.

And KD is primarily a jump shooter as well so his whistle can be sporadic. Suns have to stop fouling incessantly.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

There are reports that strongly suggest the trade for KD was not something Jones wanted to do… at least not in a way that meant giving up Bridges.
It was Ishbia that apparently forced the trade. Not saying it was wrong… I mean, we will have KD for 3 more years. But, it puts Jones under tremendous pressure to rebuild and replace guys like Bridges and Cam Johnson…on top of dumping the majority of the current bench.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm for James Jones being let go but I also think it would be a bit of a cop out if he is fired since word is Ishbia pushed the trade through rather than JJ. We wouldn't be in danger of falling into the lottery or play in had that deal not been made. Firing JJ or Monty for trying to salvage the season will reflect poorly on Ishbia.

I do agree with everything about JJ not moving Jae in a timely fashion and also doing a poor job of securing any sort of depth for this team last offseason. I think he should be fired and was on that train early I just don't like the optics of firing someone for something he didn't do. I think Ishbia pushing through the KD trade bought JJ another turn at the plate though, for better or worse.

I agree with you. I don't think the trade would have happened in the current format without Ishbia being the owner. The Suns should have traded Crowder much earlier.

However, James Jones is responsible as the GM to advise Ishbia the recommended parameters of any trade. Maybe he did and the new owner wanted it anyway.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I agree with you. I don't think the trade would have happened in the current format without Ishbia being the owner. The Suns should have traded Crowder much earlier.

However, James Jones is responsible as the GM to advise Ishbia the recommended parameters of any trade. Maybe he did and the new owner wanted it anyway.
The owner is THE boss. The report I saw would lead anyone to believe that Jones was not in favor of trading Bridges and that he did make that crystal clear to Ishbia.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are reports that strongly suggest the trade for KD was not something Jones wanted to do… at least not in a way that meant giving up Bridges.
It was Ishbia that apparently forced the trade. Not saying it was wrong… I mean, we will have KD for 3 more years. But, it puts Jones under tremendous pressure to rebuild and replace guys like Bridges and Cam Johnson…on top of dumping the majority of the current bench.

They all sink or swim together but the owner is not going to fire himself.

I don't know if James Jones has any more chips to play other than trade Ayton or take on a bloated contract for Chris Paul.

The taxpayer MLE is unlikely to buy much.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The owner is THE boss. The report I saw would lead anyone to believe that Jones was not in favor of trading Bridges and that he did make that crystal clear to Ishbia.

Yeah, but a new NBA owner is much like a fan. It takes someone with experience to guide him. This is James Jones job.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They all sink or swim together but the owner is not going to fire himself.

I don't know if James Jones has any more chips to play other than trade Ayton or take on a bloated contract for Chris Paul.

The taxpayer MLE is unlikely to buy much.

Maybe swap Paul for Ben Simmons?

I can't believe I'd be ok with that deal. Not saying they should do it or even make the call but if the Nets called and made that offer, I'd take it as long as they give up at least the swap rights for the 2027 pick.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave