Suns @ Warriors Monday game thread 3-13-2023

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think everyone’s in a panic because KD isn’t playing. Amazing how quickly y’all forgot the 3-0 stretch where he and book looked unstoppable.

We looked amazing in game 1

We struggled in game 2 and blew it wide open with about 5 minutes left in the 4th

Game 3 we barely hung on against the Mavs and needed Luka to miss a bunny.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If DA doesn't show up for the playoffs trading him is how we can improve and recoup some of those picks.

The reality is Chris Paul is the biggest liability on this team at this point well him and Cam Payne. There’s no rhythm to this offense

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm for Ayton being dealt but if last off-season was any indication, his value isn't very high around the league. We aren't going to get another starting Center, a replacement for CP3, and depth for him alone and he's basically the only asset we have outside of Booker.
That's not entirely accurate. Even though I think Suns fans overvalued Ayton, there were only a hand full of teams that could afford a max contract. That doesn't mean there won't be other teams lining up for him if they have a max contract type money available.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I see the Suns with a three game losing streak and not a lot of quality depth. Do you see both Craig and Okogoe as starters?

Maybe one not both.

Also, how do you feel about Wainright as a rotation player? I like Wainright but he is a deep bench player if that.
I see you freaking out about a team that doesn’t have KD playing. Newsflash: if we don’t have KD we ain’t going anywhere anyway. KD is supposed to return in another week or two at this juncture. He makes a small bit of difference.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We looked amazing in game 1

We struggled in game 2 and blew it wide open with about 5 minutes left in the 4th

Game 3 we barely hung on against the Mavs and needed Luka to miss a bunny.
So two blowouts and a win against a team who has owned us recently. In only three games together.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see you freaking out about a team that doesn’t have KD playing. Newsflash: if we don’t have KD we ain’t going anywhere anyway. KD is supposed to return in another week or two at this juncture. He makes a small bit of difference.
To be fair we've been freaking out all season long about a team that at various times didn't have Booker, CP3, CamJ, CamP, Ayton, Jae, Shamet and assorted end of bench players. Durant makes a huge bit of difference but unless CP3 pulls off a miracle and plays like a top 40 player in the postseason, we're likely in trouble no matter when KD returns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is not news at all. It's why a some Suns fans would not have made the Durant trade as formulated. The Suns gave up too much.

Mikal Bridges should never have been included in the trade.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair we've been freaking out all season long about a team that at various times didn't have Booker, CP3, CamJ, CamP, Ayton, Jae, Shamet and assorted end of bench players. Durant makes a huge bit of difference but unless CP3 pulls off a miracle and plays like a top 40 player in the postseason, we're likely in trouble no matter when KD returns.
The team looked good when he was out there. So, that’s last sentence seems baseless unless you are assuming another injury.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The team looked good when he was out there. So, that’s last sentence seems baseless unless you are assuming another injury.
Baseless??? It's not like we beat 3 world beaters and it's not like we haven't looked great in 3 or 4 game stretches this season before the trade. If we get everyone healthy and IF CP3 is playing like a top 40 player, I'd put us in the top 6 teams. If CP3 plays like he has most of this season, I think we go out in round 2 (at best). And if KD isn't healthy, we lose in the first round or the play-in. JMO.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baseless??? It's not like we beat 3 world beaters and it's not like we haven't looked great in 3 or 4 game stretches this season before the trade. If we get everyone healthy and IF CP3 is playing like a top 40 player, I'd put us in the top 6 teams. If CP3 plays like he has most of this season, I think we go out in round 2 (at best). And if KD isn't healthy, we lose in the first round or the play-in. JMO.
Why are you bringing up before the trade when you said when KD gets back? Specifically with KD in the lineup what says we are in trouble? I have seen nothing with KD in the lineup that supports what you said.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are you bringing up before the trade when you said when KD gets back? Specifically with KD in the lineup what says we are in trouble? I have seen nothing with KD in the lineup that supports what you said.
Because you used the fact we played well in 3 games with KD as evidence that my opinion was baseless. I watched the KD games, I liked what I saw from him and Booker but I've seen better team performances from the Suns this year and from other teams too. Hence my prediction we don't win it all with KD unless CP3 really steps up. Again, JMO, clearly, yours differs.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because you used the fact we played well in 3 games with KD as evidence that my opinion was baseless. I watched the KD games, I liked what I saw from him and Booker but I've seen better team performances from the Suns this year and from other teams too. Hence my prediction we don't win it all with KD unless CP3 really steps up. Again, JMO, clearly, yours differs.
Because it is. There was nothing with KD in the lineup that supports “we are in trouble”.

However, that’s why I also asked if you are assuming additional injuries. I figured there was some added assumptions.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because it is. There was nothing with KD in the lineup that supports “we are in trouble”.

However, that’s why I also asked if you are assuming additional injuries. I figured there was some added assumptions.

The margin for error is nonexistent. Come the playoffs, any injury to Ayton, Paul, Booker or Durant is going to be difficult to overcome.

Assuming that grouping can stay healthy for ~2 months straight is a stretch.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The margin for error is nonexistent. Come the playoffs, any injury to Ayton, Paul, Booker or Durant is going to be difficult to overcome.

That's true of any club, though. I am scared of both LA clubs, but the odds of them both staying healthy, or even having one of them healthy is a tall order.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not so sure about Paul. With Durant here he is more complimentary IMO. Having said that any team losing their #1 or #2 down the stretch is in trouble. The good news is people are saying Durant looks good in shoot around. Possibly a good sign and confirmation resting him was mostly precautionary.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not so sure about Paul. With Durant here he is more complimentary IMO. Having said that any team losing their #1 or #2 down the stretch is in trouble. The good news is people are saying Durant looks good in shoot around. Possibly a good sign and confirmation resting him was mostly precautionary.
I’ll be honest… I’ve wondered at times if we’re better off with Paul getting injured and Payne actually starting. He seems to be so much more in control as a starter and wouldn’t have to be the primary or even secondary ball handler with a healthy KD and Book.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose