2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It's pretty obvious why they allow 12 more ppg on the road than at home. Seems to also be a first quarter thing, last night they had a great first quarter but in general on the road they're often down double digits by the end of the 1st Quarter. Since it seems quite likely they aren't getting Wiggins back this season, at least regular season, they're going to have to figure a way out of that. Anthony Lamb can't play anymore unless they put him on the full roster so with Wiggins out, Kuminga is the starter and the backup isn't obvious with Lamb out.

The only good thing right now is Jamychal Green is playing well but he's old and injury prone. Payton is due back in a few weeks in theory they can play him in Wiggs spot likely backing up Kuminga but still pretty small.

A fundamental issue on the road is to have any kind of defense they need Draymond and Looney both on the court, but on the road those guys seem to not score enough to keep anybody honest.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Russ Smith

that's what we've been hearing locally too. Nobody seems to have any idea what it is or if they do they're not saying.

Tough break he was so good in the postseason last year

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per Warriors, Andre Iguodala has a fractured left wrist. He will require surgery.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Anyone surprised it was done by a Memphis player?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This used to be the way I'd describe Chris Paul.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most games 50 or more past the age of 30, Michael Jordan 6, Wilt 7 and... Steph Curry 7.

And they still lost again on the road, 9 in a row.

Unreal.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's possible Kevin Huerter may have injured his right hamstring. He will undergo an MRI.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lonzo Ball will reportedly undergo a cartilage transplant in his left knee.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone surprised it was done by a Memphis player?

Astounding how many players on that team are going full dirty.

Up next, Stephen Adams proclaims himself a "Golden God", jumps off the roof of the arena, landing on several fans.

Pokinmik

Rookie
Reaction score
Does anyone think that, in light of their current bubble status, the Lakers will win the bubble and unexpectedly make the playoffs? A most annoying thought. I don't really mean win the bubble, because the Mavericks are the best of the bubble teams; but perhaps the Lakers would come in second and make the eighth playoff spot (and be food for the Nougats).
I actually think the lakers could be a problem now for anyone when fully healthy (big if I know). Swapping westbrook for Russell and adding shooting and length w vandy and beasley really improved their team. AD is putting up numbers when he plays and LBJ is still a force.

Not saying the suns w KD should be scared of them or anything but they are a damn talented 6-8 seed if they can be healthy come playoffs.

/But of course f**k the lakers and I hope they lose every game and miss the playoffs and I’m completely wrong lol

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually think the lakers could be a problem now for anyone when fully healthy (big if I know). Swapping westbrook for Russell and adding shooting and length w vandy and beasley really improved their team. AD is putting up numbers when he plays and LBJ is still a force.

Not saying the suns w KD should be scared of them or anything but they are a damn talented 6-8 seed if they can be healthy come playoffs.

/But of course f**k the lakers and I hope they lose every game and miss the playoffs and I’m completely wrong lol
If I thought AD (and Lebron) could stay healthy through the playoffs I'd definitely be worried about that team. But that's not likely to happen, oft injured players tend to be oft injured.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The results on testing for Kevin Huerter came back clean. He is day-to-day.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Astounding how many players on that team are going full dirty.

Up next, Stephen Adams proclaims himself a "Golden God", jumps off the roof of the arena, landing on several fans.

Dillon Brooks doing Dillon Brooks things.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Does anyone think that, in light of their current bubble status, the Lakers will win the bubble and unexpectedly make the playoffs? A most annoying thought. I don't really mean win the bubble, because the Mavericks are the best of the bubble teams; but perhaps the Lakers would come in second and make the eighth playoff spot (and be food for the Nougats).
LeBron will come back and all the players that have been scoring will never see the ball again.
AD will likely trip over his eyebrow possibly taking a few teammates out with him.
I wouldn't put money on them. And any chance we get to knock them out would be awesome.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can’t stand Brooks but I thought that video was going to be much worse.

I didn’t really notice anything malicious when I saw the video earlier today.

And I retract my words. This video is a lot clearer than the other video I saw. Yeah he pushed him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So did I. If it hadn't been Dillon I probably would have given him the benefit of doubt that he wasn't really thinking about what he was pushing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, but I don't recall NBA basketball players intentionally pushing cameramen.

I think the NBA is sending a message about where this style of play ends.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but I don't recall NBA basketball players intentionally pushing cameramen.

I think the NBA is sending a message about where this style of play ends.
Dennis Rodman kicked one. But I'm not 100% certain that Brooks did this with malice.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose