Suns @ Warriors Monday game thread 3-13-2023

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about Durant, the risks are well known. This is the 34-year-old model.
I am saying any player at that level. You are not sniffing them in a trade without giving up one of your best young core players injury history or not. That's a pipe dream.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am saying any player at that level. You are not sniffing them in a trade without giving up one of your best young core players injury history or not. That's a pipe dream.

The Suns bet the farm. If the trade doesn't work out you might want to look at apartments.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns bet the farm. If the trade doesn't work out you might want to look at apartments.
Nonsense. They rented out a piece of the farm that wasn't going to yield you the crops you wanted anyway.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam Johnson, Crowder and 4 draft picks likely to be high 1st rounders is not going to net you a player like KD. If I were the Nets I would have said no deal without Bridges too. There is not a player of KD's caliber in the league that would have taken Cam J instead of Bridges in a deal.

If it's better than any other offer they're getting and they're in a situation where they have to move them... then yeah, you hold your ground.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I was hoping James Jones would have drawn the line at trading Mikal Bridges and certainly not given the Nets everything they wanted. And the Nets got everything they wanted.

IMO, keeping Bridges was even more important than the draft picks and swap. It's so unlike James Jones to cave in to outrageous demands in a trade.

Only a gut feeling, but I think the Suns owner pushed the trade over the top.
I love the fact that you guys are lamenting the fact that suns had to throw in THE MAIN PIECE OF THE TRADE to land KD.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Suns could have said no, we are not trading Bridges. It's not like Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder, expirings, 4 draft picks and a swap was garbage.
Bridges was the centerpiece. Stop waisting your time thinking they could’ve got KD with Mikal in the deal, if you want to argue they should’ve tried to keep Cam knock yourself out. I think if they could’ve pulled that off we’d be the overwhelming favorites in the west.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges was the centerpiece. Stop waisting your time thinking they could’ve got KD with Mikal in the deal, if you want to argue they should’ve tried to keep Cam knock yourself out. I think if they could’ve pulled that off we’d be the overwhelming favorites in the west.

I'm not even sure what you are saying.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess you weren't watching the crops grow.
I guess you weren’t watching those crops DIE a humiliating death this year and wilt with a mediocre 33-29 record this year.

You guys are ridiculous practically calling this year and future Suns teams favorites for the title when that was far from the case.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns could have said no, we are not trading Bridges. It's not like Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder, expirings, 4 draft picks and a swap was garbage.
For a guy who was playing at an MVP level before a workable knee injury?

Yeah, that offer is garbage and thinking otherwise is assinine.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess you weren’t watching those crops DIE a humiliating death this year and wilt with a mediocre 33-29 record this year.

You guys are ridiculous practically calling this year and future Suns teams favorites for the title when that was far from the case.

13-4 with cam and bridges, 9-2 in the run up to the trade.

The problem was health.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For a guy who was playing at an MVP level before a workable knee injury?

Yeah, that offer is garbage and thinking otherwise is assinine.
If it’s better than any offer they had it doesn’t matter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it’s better than any offer they had it doesn’t matter.
Except we don’t know that’s the case and they could have just held off until summer, where KD would have been another year older. And still worth a king’s ransom.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose