2022-23 Arizona Coyotes Regular season thread.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Great game and fantastic W! Yotes have such a great, young foundation to build on with Keller, Hayton, Schmaltz, Crouse, McBain… they’re young and need more depth for sure. But Armstrong is laying the foundation, stock-piling draft picks for a farm that is already strong.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was the biggest critic of Hayton but I'm so glad to eat crow in the way that he's been playing recently. I love the kid's confidence. Kudos to him for his resiliency.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was the biggest critic of Hayton but I'm so glad to eat crow in the way that he's been playing recently. I love the kid's confidence. Kudos to him for his resiliency.

He really found his game this season and started putting it all together. It's easy to forget how young he is and how difficult the center position is at this level.

Even early in the year when he wasn't getting on the score sheet, he was doing all the little things that you need from a center. Once he got the monkey off his back and scored, you could just see him starting to fill up with confidence. Once he added the confidence, he had all the tools needed to stand out the way we always wanted.

I, too, am extremely glad to see it and I give a lot of credit to the org and coach for maintaining their belief in him. I still don't think we've seen his ceiling.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I now feel silly thinking that he might not ever be the same after that late-season leg injury he suffered last year. I think they gave him some bionic implants or something! What a season for Kells.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tanks for nothing Coyotes :)

Honestly, I don't even care about the tank anymore. Winning the #1 is a long shot for this franchise any way you slice it, so why not play spoiler and make all the "tHE coYOteS r A lauGHinG stoCk fRancHise" haters have to suck it up when our team beats that azz or even better, boots them out of the playoffs. The team work ethic and culture has value too, and Coach isn't going to tell this group to let off the gas.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't even care about the tank anymore. Winning the #1 is a long shot for this franchise any way you slice it, so why not play spoiler and make all the "tHE coYOteS r A lauGHinG stoCk fRancHise" haters have to suck it up when our team beats that azz or even better, boots them out of the playoffs. The team work ethic and culture has value too, and Coach isn't going to tell this group to let off the gas.

Totally agree and hey they still could get the #1 pick. Reward a team for trying for once.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose