Kings @ Suns Saturday game thread 3-11-2023

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We actually played well against their starters, the bench desparity killed us.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I swear to God “I should’ve gotten DA more involved” must be on his greatest hits album. No ****, Monty. Stop being so stupid.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton 3 points on 1 FGA in the 4th. P&R was working all night long. Sometimes, this team gets way too anxious in the 4th and just chucks up jumpers at wil instead of pound the paint

This is what the Suns do way to much. Inside is working and they stop and just start chucking.

Or the outside isn’t falling and they refuse to go inside or attack the basket

Stuff like that is on Monty he has no feel for the game

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I swear to God “I should’ve gotten DA more involved” must be on his greatest hits album. No ****, Monty. Stop being so stupid.

He’s so damn passive. Championship teams make teams match up with them they don’t adjust to other teams.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns could easily lose three in a row.

They didn't get much from their bench except for Ross who scored 18.

Payne only played 7 minutes and had 5 points. Did he get hurt?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it was two seasons ago. On a challenge the refs went back a full possession and called it against the suns. I think it was against the nuggets.

Tonight, nope. Foul is on booker to Sabonis while just before that he was being held and grabbed. I don’t get it anymore.

I hate to bring the ref card out but man tonight was so lopsided in baffling calls.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kings took the Mavs strategy tonight.

Offense they got the switches they wanted.

Defense don’t worry about corner guys, pack the midrange.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I think it was two seasons ago. On a challenge the refs went back a full possession and called it against the suns. I think it was against the nuggets.

Tonight, nope. Foul is on booker to Sabonis while just before that he was being held and grabbed. I don’t get it anymore.

I hate to bring the ref card out but man tonight was so lopsided in baffling calls.
BS fouls are one thing, but BS fouls that switch momentum are another

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Payne only played 7 minutes and had 5 points. Did he get hurt?

I think the way he reacted with the officials might have gotten him bolted to the bench. He looked like was going to lose it in the first half.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the way he reacted with the officials might have gotten him bolted to the bench. He looked like was going to lose it in the first half.

With the Suns thin bench, they can't afford to not play him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Craig and Okogie shouldn't be starters on a good team and there is not much of a bench.

I don't know if the Suns have a solution in the near future.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Monty experimented with lineups which is fine and welcome sign of adjustments. But in close game, we are used to sticking to one strategy -- force it to Book one on one. This time it failed as Edwarz defended him very well. Kings are definitely a more confident team in close game situations. all in all, I like what DA has been doing on defense. With sufficient attention, we actually did quite well protecting the basket after switch. Without KD, we most likely end up in the 4-5 place anyways, so let do more experimentation in preparation for playoffs and KD returning.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh hard least not a poff l suns will get revenge in poffs with kd rdy!

Least suns made close and book da did decent

420 greenhappy kush hit to a gn to all cards suns fans

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Trying to take what the defense gives is just another way of saying you let the other team dictate what they want. I’m tired of Monty’s passivity.

Ish also sucked out loud and Craig has really lost his confidence. And Payne is still largely invisible. Our bench is dreadful.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trying to take what the defense gives is just another way of saying you let the other team dictate what they want. I’m tired of Monty’s passivity.

Ish also sucked out loud and Craig has really lost his confidence. And Payne is still largely invisible. Our bench is dreadful.

Craig has gone through a whirlwind of changes in lineups, minutes and role. I’m sure the other guys are adjusting as well to all the different lineups and minutes they’re seeing.

Now okogie isn’t starting. Lee is seeing less minutes. Jock and Payne got benched in the second half. Biz saw the floor for the first time in a long time.

It’s like Monty doesn’t know what or who to play, and how to play them. Same scheme, same “adjustments” or lack of. Same result tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns bench is weak, especially when Wainright has to play 15 minutes.

Craig seemed to be grimacing in pain a lot of the second half. He was getting banged around pretty good.

Both Craig and Okogie are not starters. Their starting are symptoms of a bigger problem.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
The Suns bench is weak, especially when Wainright has to play 15 minutes.

Craig seemed to be grimacing in pain a lot of the second half. He was getting banged around pretty good.

Both Craig and Okogie are not starters. Their starting are symptoms of a bigger problem.
I don't know about that. Okogie has looked like a starter to me.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Damn. I felt like we needed this one if we wanted to get out of the 4 or 5 seed. LAC, Memphis, and Sac all gained a game last night.

Now we have two serious matchups that don't inspire much confidence. We could be the 6 seed by the time KD Returns.

Still. Not too worried. haha