Kings @ Suns Saturday game thread 3-11-2023

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I like the debate about Bucket's and the Human Torch. I don't care who but we need one of them. And its sad I thinK Shamet is the key
I like both Warren and Ross but I like it even better knowing we have both, it doubles the chance of having that hot hand on cold nights. I like Shamet too and hope he can run soon

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Booker has been balling and if Booker stays balling we can beat any team on any night. We will need to see someone else step up for sure.
Not worried about playtime with KD, he's already proven he's plug and play. We can run our plays around him and pass him the ball every now and then and he will get something near 30 7 and 4 3 1 ish.
More worried about Book and CP3 getting too much time now. Our bench does need the work we may have to temper wins and mins.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bench players are bench players because they're usually either streaky as all hell or consistent in their useful (albeit professional) mediocrity - meaning they can add a spark OR can be counted on to do certain things

TJ Warren is streaky. If he was capable of being the amazing version of himself every night he wouldn't be a bench player. Ross is also already everything he's going to be and no amount of coaching (this late in their careers) is going to change that

And Ross is just as good as Warren in that aspect - Ross can shoot the lights out as well when he's feeling it - so this "definitely the best" OPINION of yours would only be correct in certain games

Coaching isn't easy. The same strategies don't work in every game. The same bench players don't produce in every game, especially when different match ups are involved. Sometimes offense isn't the answer, which is primarily what Warren brings to the table and he doesn't even bring it every night. Love me some Tony Buckets, but we won't see him very often, it's more likely we'll see TJ Warren

Warren is a bench player now because he's basically been out of the league since the bubble due to injury issues. I believe he made the All Bubble team though or whatever it was called because he lit it up when he was there. He signed a "Prove it" deal with Brooklyn, which is why he's a bench player now.

As far as Ross is concerned, hes picked up some bad habits being on a bad team in Orlando for a while. He was a decent defender in Toronto earlier in his career but once he started playing for nothing but a paycheck in Orlando, he started mailing it in defensively. He does have the tools to be a good defender and has proven himself on that end before. He's in a new system that takes a while to get used to because it relies on switching constantly. That isn't something players are accustomed to. Give him a little time.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really bummed I spent all this money for this game to see KD and he is out but I hope Book goes off and it's a great game. Headed out to get some drink and grub with the wife. GO SUNS!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker has been balling and if Booker stays balling we can beat any team on any night. We will need to see someone else step up for sure.
Not worried about playtime with KD, he's already proven he's plug and play. We can run our plays around him and pass him the ball every now and then and he will get something near 30 7 and 4 3 1 ish.
More worried about Book and CP3 getting too much time now. Our bench does need the work we may have to temper wins and mins.
Not millwaukee

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Can't watch this one live. Go grab it fellas!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the debate about Bucket's and the Human Torch. I don't care who but we need one of them. And its sad I thinK Shamet is the key

I'm not counting on Shamet. I'd like to be wrong.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Booker for three. Suns lead 5-2.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul hesitated on that 3-point shot and missed.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker plus 1. He was fouled by Huerter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul takes a short pull-up shot near the rim. Classic Chris Paul.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose