AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we request he put our ball boy on his next hit list?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well. There is your next "breaking bad" tv series. Ex pro ball player goes back to the thug life to pay child support to all his baby mamas.

I swear all those series are basically the same. Breaking Bad, GOT, Boardwalk Empire, Peaky Blinders, Sopranos, even Yellowstone. All trying to get me to love bad guys, and not a real good guy anywhere. I feel like I have to take a shower after watching.

Sorry. Off topic.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well. There is your next "breaking bad" tv series. Ex pro ball player goes back to the thug life to pay child support to all his baby mamas.

I swear all those series are basically the same. Breaking Bad, GOT, Boardwalk Empire, Peaky Blinders, Sopranos, even Yellowstone. All trying to get me to love bad guys, and not a real good guy anywhere. I feel like I have to take a shower after watching.

Sorry. Off topic.
Yeah, there's a reason that Hallmark movies and TV shows have been growing in popularity the past several years.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Sorry. Off topic.
How did you get all of that from the article shared? It says no details about his involvement. I didn't even see what the charges are...just that he was arrested in connection with. Was something else shared I'm not seeing?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is just crazy. What is a 53 year old at least at one time multi millionaire doing drive by's for?

I can't even fathom how this could happen. Did he develop schizophrenia?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is just crazy. What is a 53 year old at least at one time multi millionaire doing drive by's for?

I can't even fathom how this could happen. Did he develop schizophrenia?
Arrested in connection with a drive-by shooting could mean he pulled the strings and not the trigger.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ball players seem to have a weird fascination with trying to be gangster, and vice versa.

For some of the players, basketball was their way out of this lifestyle. Many grew up in this environment.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Not sure of the laws in WA, but not a "drive by" in the way that most would think of it

Apparently the story is Kemp has some stuff stolen, tracked & confronted someone in a mall parking lot about it - looks like he fired into that vehicle before returning to his own vehicle and tossing the gun while circling the lot

There's video of the shot being fire

Not a good situation and most likely a pretty flimsy self defense claim, but also maybe not as crazy as the headline

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ex-NBA star Shawn Kemp fired a gun during a parking lot altercation prior to his felony arrest on Wednesday ... footage obtained by TMZ Sports shows.

53-year-old Kemp -- wearing a red vest -- approached a vehicle and pointed his firearm ... appearing to yell something before pulling the trigger at least once outside a Tacoma, Washington shopping mall around 2:00 PM.

Witnesses tell us they heard multiple gunshots before pulling their phones out to record the incident ... and claim they saw Kemp drive around the parking lot and ditched his gun in a bush before talking to police.

At one point, Kemp appears to attempt to flag down police to go after the other vehicle involved.

Sources tell Fox 13 Kemp was attempting to retrieve items he claimed were stolen on Tuesday ... and once he tracked down the property Wednesday afternoon, someone opened fire on him first. Kemp claims he was purely acting out of self-defense.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ex-NBA star Shawn Kemp fired a gun during a parking lot altercation prior to his felony arrest on Wednesday ... footage obtained by TMZ Sports shows.

53-year-old Kemp -- wearing a red vest -- approached a vehicle and pointed his firearm ... appearing to yell something before pulling the trigger at least once outside a Tacoma, Washington shopping mall around 2:00 PM.

Witnesses tell us they heard multiple gunshots before pulling their phones out to record the incident ... and claim they saw Kemp drive around the parking lot and ditched his gun in a bush before talking to police.

At one point, Kemp appears to attempt to flag down police to go after the other vehicle involved.

Sources tell Fox 13 Kemp was attempting to retrieve items he claimed were stolen on Tuesday ... and once he tracked down the property Wednesday afternoon, someone opened fire on him first. Kemp claims he was purely acting out of self-defense.
I hope his story is true.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a statement from Shawn Kemp's attorney.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose