Playoff Rotation

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
On defense how is Okogie versus Craig? How about offense?

Just want your thoughts.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I don't know if I quite count as a "hater" but I do get extremely aggravated at Monty for his irrational obstinacy with rotations, erratic PT favoritism, and time out management.

Except for the PT favoritism, these have been criticisms of every Phoenix Suns coach that I can remember. If the coach rides the hot hand, everyone says "We need consistent rotations!" If the rotations are consistent, everyone says "We need flexibility!"

And if this board called time outs, the Suns would need 15 every game. You can't call time out every time the other team makes a few threes in a row. It's like my wife calling for any pitcher to be pulled if he gives up a home run. The idea isn't to dole out punishment -- it's to make a correction.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On defense how is Okogie versus Craig? How about offense?

Just want your thoughts.

Defensively, I think Craig is better at defending bigger players while Okogie is better defending overall. On offense, until very recently, Okogie was flat out awful, but he's come on strong with this expanded role. Craig has been pretty solid, especially as a spot up shooter.

I think Craig has earned the 4 spot, but at the same time Okogie didn't flash until he got regular minutes. I'd probably lean towards Okogie right now, most teams play pretty small and Craig doesn't seem to lose his effectiveness as badly coming off the bench. But in game, I'd favor the hot hand.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Defensively, I think Craig is better at defending bigger players while Okogie is better defending overall. On offense, until very recently, Okogie was flat out awful, but he's come on strong with this expanded role. Craig has been pretty solid, especially as a spot up shooter.

I think Craig has earned the 4 spot, but at the same time Okogie didn't flash until he got regular minutes. I'd probably lean towards Okogie right now, most teams play pretty small and Craig doesn't seem to lose his effectiveness as badly coming off the bench. But in game, I'd favor the hot hand.
Would we want that hot hand in the game with KD, Book Ayton and CP? Or have that hot hand come off the bench?

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
By the time we hit the playoffs someone will have to EARN the 5th 6th and 7th etc spots.
I'm thrilled we have the 20 games to figure it out. Just having KDs in the 5G center will make everyone work harder.
I'd give my firstborn to be a fly on the wall or have all access to the 5G and or practices.

Health is the most important thing going forward. I'm not worried about jelling or whos playing with our 4 headed monster, that will all come out in the wash.
If we could go on a healthy streak over the next 3.5 years it's open season on the rest of the NBA.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose