Cardinals Flight Plan : Buckle Up

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eh I see where @kerouac9 is coming from.

I really don't care about Michael at all. He is not a Cardinals player or coach. He has been featured way too often.

Dude. Its the offseason. Players aren't available. It's all about a coaching and GM search and the superbowl. Three things Mike has been heavily involved in.

Would be weird if he wasn't heavily featured. People are just hating for the sake of it.

I thought he came across well. Showed how hard he works not just for the team but Arizona.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
MB needs to step up his Baja Arcadia house game.

I also think Bidwill gets kinda too tough of a rap over here and from clowns like Bickley for his Super Bowl recruiting stuff. Unspoken part of the guy’s job as owner of the local
football team is to be a civic representative. What’s good for the Valley is usually good for the Cardinals.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Gannon seems a little.... squirrely? (an '80s word sorry, not sure what 2023 equivalent is). But at the NFL level I'm not sure that necessarily matters. I think it's probably more about the system he implements, how he makes decisions, how he treats his coaches and players day in and day out, etc.

And probably my favorite things from the episode were Monti talking about working towards a specific team identity, and RG talking about a vision for what they want the team to be. I don't think I ever heard Keim or Kliff speak about either of those incredibly important ideas (I could be wrong) which is kind of shocking in retrospect.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
MB needs to step up his Baja Arcadia house game.

I also think Bidwill gets kinda too tough of a rap over here and from clowns like Bickley for his Super Bowl recruiting stuff. Unspoken part of the guy’s job as owner of the local
football team is to be a civic representative. What’s good for the Valley is usually good for the Cardinals.
I'm a big believer that stuff is usually a lot more in the middle than people make it out.

After watching/listening to numerous media interviews where players talked about Kyler, I'm convinced that the national media is mostly reporting negative views of Kyler from a place of ignorance. They don't know Kyler and they bash him based on an uninformed opinion about him.

Now some blame does lay at Kyler's feet; it's his job as a professional athlete to shape the media on who he is and what he stands for.

The same goes for Michael Bidwill. I think he's an okay guy as far as a rich, fat cat owner goes. I do think he cares about winning and legitimately does want to improve the Cardinals brand. He is much better than his father based on nearly every indicator. His biggest issue is that he still isn't a football savvy owner. The fact that he couldn't see what was wrong with Keim's approach for a long time demonstrates that.

I'm legitimately excited right now for the direction of the team because this is the first time in a long time that the Cardinals are demonstrably going in a new direction. Keim was a remnant of the Ferguson/Graves era. We will likely see a lot of scouts and Wilson/Harris also gone after the draft.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm a big believer that stuff is usually a lot more in the middle than people make it out.

After watching/listening to numerous media interviews where players talked about Kyler, I'm convinced that the national media is mostly reporting negative views of Kyler from a place of ignorance. They don't know Kyler and they bash him based on an uninformed opinion about him.

Now some blame does lay at Kyler's feet; it's his job as a professional athlete to shape the media on who he is and what he stands for.

The same goes for Michael Bidwill. I think he's an okay guy as far as a rich, fat cat owner goes. I do think he cares about winning and legitimately does want to improve the Cardinals brand. He is much better than his father based on nearly every indicator. His biggest issue is that he still isn't a football savvy owner. The fact that he couldn't see what was wrong with Keim's approach for a long time demonstrates that.

I'm legitimately excited right now for the direction of the team because this is the first time in a long time that the Cardinals are demonstrably going in a new direction. Keim was a remnant of the Ferguson/Graves era. We will likely see a lot of scouts and Wilson/Harris also gone after the draft.

Time to give the guy a break.

We asked for a clean house and we got it. Not only that but the HC was Monti's guy and the coaches are Gannon's guys, which we also asked for.

A few weeks ago half this board was raging he let Payton walk and calling the coach search a mess. Now it seems it was a well run search and most prefer the outcome.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Michael continually going on about all of these things going on at the same time. The SB, hiring a GM and coach. This is true but again he created this mess.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

Letting Keim hang on post-DUI with his continued terrible personal behavior especially considering the product on the field is a black eye. Obviously even allowing Kliff in the building as HC was a bad joke.

I don’t think much of the guy as an owner obviously, he wants to be center of attention too much which includes football ops but he’s not all bad. I don’t know if Monti or Gannon will be good but I do think the process was mostly handled right. The culture had gotten really bad and it seems addressing that was the focus.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Letting Keim hang on post-DUI with his continued terrible personal behavior especially considering the product on the field is a black eye. Obviously even allowing Kliff in the building as HC was a bad joke.

I don’t think much of the guy as an owner obviously, he wants to be center of attention too much which includes football ops but he’s not all bad. I don’t know if Monti or Gannon will be good but I do think the process was mostly handled right. The culture had gotten really bad and it seems addressing that was the focus.
Reading between the lines from what multiple players have said, Kliff let the locker room get too relaxed. That works for guys like Hopkins, but does that work for Rondale Moore?

I think Kliff was fine as a play schemer, but he is not the guy to manage a total football game and manage all of the personalities on a football team.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Time to give the guy a break.
Honestly, I have to see more from Michael. He allowed Keim to survive the Wilks dumpster fire. That was egregious enough.
We asked for a clean house and we got it. Not only that but the HC was Monti's guy and the coaches are Gannon's guys, which we also asked for.

A few weeks ago half this board was raging he let Payton walk and calling the coach search a mess. Now it seems it was a well run search and most prefer the outcome.
I do agree he has bought some goodwill though.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Reading between the lines from what multiple players have said, Kliff let the locker room get too relaxed. That works for guys like Hopkins, but does that work for Rondale Moore?

I think Kliff was fine as a play schemer, but he is not the guy to manage a total football game and manage all of the personalities on a football team.
Play schemer yes but not adaptable, it was mainly his way with little to no changes hence predictability. I love what Gannon said about playing to players strengths, putting them in position to make plays & calling plays to players strengths. The offense changing depending on the opponent. How many times did we see KK do that lol?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Play schemer yes but not adaptable, it was mainly his way with little to no changes hence predictability. I love what Gannon said about playing to players strengths, putting them in position to make plays & calling plays to players strengths. The offense changing depending on the opponent. How many times did we see KK do that lol?
Kliff probably did his best in year one when he had few receivers. It seemed like the more targets he added, the worse he did.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kliff probably did his best in year one when he had few receivers. It seemed like the more targets he added, the worse he did.
Exactly, in the first year (2019) he had less targets so he was very creative with his play calling. Then he gets more targets & goes back to his Mickey Mouse offense.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I think KK was either to bullheaded to change his approach or he just doesn't know how. The DCs in the NFL are smart and will figure out what you're doing quick, fast, and in a hurry. Especially if you run the same 10 plays every week. It reminds me of "the system works"approach.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think KK was either to bullheaded to change his approach or he just doesn't know how. The DCs in the NFL are smart and will figure out what you're doing quick, fast, and in a hurry. Especially if you run the same 10 plays every week. It reminds me of "the system works"approach.
What I think happened is the players weren't prepared, very much including Kyler. I think Kyler became very complacent; treated like the second coming for so long, he didn't study the way he should.

I saw plenty of open players, which tells me the plays worked, but the players didn't execute.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
What I think happened is the players weren't prepared, very much including Kyler. I think Kyler became very complacent; treated like the second coming for so long, he didn't study the way he should.

I saw plenty of open players, which tells me the plays worked, but the players didn't execute.

Everything was broken last year. From A - Z. Probably even the gatorade on the sidelines sucked.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice to see us getting praise

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what car Bidwill was driving in? Was that a tesla?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We didn’t hire Gannon to coach DB’s or even the defense. I’ve coached for twenty years now, from positionally to head coach. A head coach manages the team. You lead the coaches as much as the players. It’s a whole different beast and, to an extent, requires an entirely new skill set. This is why Kliff failed. He’s a beta. Mike couldn’t tell because he is too.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Do you get your rocks off being a dic*head all the time at the the very slightest of pushbacks?

If losing a SB is failing, then not even reaching the SB is definitely failing.
It’s been pretty obvious lately.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Dude. Its the offseason. Players aren't available. It's all about a coaching and GM search and the superbowl. Three things Mike has been heavily involved in.

Would be weird if he wasn't heavily featured. People are just hating for the sake of it.

I thought he came across well. Showed how hard he works not just for the team but Arizona.
Agree

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It seemed every time he got a productive running game which allowed him to win games (and the guy could actually construct an effective rushing attack), he thought he got a free leash to start passing with reckless abandon again... like some addict, wanting to be an innovative passing genius (and all those shiny talented WRs were just enablers) with tunnel vision while then totally forgetting about game management

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
Meh, it's all propaganda. I like the guys energy and I think the staff could be extremely relatable with players due to their age. I hope he does well.

His time in Arizona will come down to Monti being better at drafting players and finding an offense that Kyler can thrive in and keeping him engaged. I really think Kyler can do more with less. Too much of the offense was put on him. He needs more play action/bootleg/misdirection and a good running game. Way too many 3rd and way too long during KK's tenure here and it put too much on his shoulders. I know I'm in the minority here but I don't think this is the complete overhaul most do.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose