Head Coach choice

Head Coach choice

• Total voters

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You see analysis paralysis. I see scheduling conflicts, playoffs and superbowl prep.

One of us is inventing a negative narrative. The other is trying to be reasonable.
I see a lack of a plan, direction and conviction. Not only are you losing the opportunity to get a HC you want, but you are also limiting the staff they have the ability to hire because those individuals are taking job offers elsewhere. Yes, we still get our pick of the leftovers, but that is what those are, leftovers. We have now interviewed 6(?) candidates (Payton, Ryans, Reich, Evero, Flores, and Quinn), some of those multiple times, who have chosen different HC positions OR lesser positions rather than join the Cardinals.

That means something.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I see a lack of a plan, direction and conviction. Not only are you losing the opportunity to get a HC you want, but you are also limiting the staff they have the ability to hire because those individuals are taking job offers elsewhere. Yes, we still get our pick of the leftovers, but that is what those are, leftovers. We have now interviewed 6(?) candidates (Payton, Ryans, Reich, Evero, Flores, and Quinn), some of those multiple times, who have chosen different HC positions OR lesser positions rather than join the Cardinals.

That means something.
Yep yep.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

That means something.
Ryans was never interviewed. He did interview with Broncos, but right after that he basically he was Texans or bust.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ryans was never interviewed. He did interview with Broncos, but right after that he basically he was Texans or bust.
He turned down the Cardinals for an interview. He wasn't interested. The reason doesn't really matter. I don't see how that clarification changes the validity of the argument.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He turned down the Cardinals for an interview. He wasn't interested. The reason doesn't really matter. I don't see how that clarification changes the validity of the argument.

Yes. People are wishcasting a bunch of potential reasons on to each of these instead of looking at the facts. The fact is that the Cards' far-and-wide casting has netted zero candidates so far, and the process has caused a wide range of leads to slip away.

If you're "never an option" for someone when, as stated constantly by people saying that the Cards can and will attract The Best People, there are only 32 of these jobs available, it says something about the organization.

Also, if Super Bowl prep is an issue for the Cards' process, then that probably means that Michael Bidwill is more involved than many would prefer and Monti has a narrower portfolio than we'd want.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, if Super Bowl prep is an issue for the Cards' process, then that probably means that Michael Bidwill is more involved than many would prefer and Monti has a narrower portfolio than we'd want.

I don't think there is a team in the league where the owner isn't heavily involved in the HC search. They certainly have been in the 5 jobs available this cycle.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't think there is a team in the league where the owner isn't heavily involved in the HC search. They certainly have been in the 5 jobs available this cycle.
Well, you certainly want to keep company with the franchises that are hiring their third coach in three years, or that landed on Matt Rhule, or hired Matt Saturday, or decided that Nat Hackett was the guy.

The reason why many people are mad is because we'd like to be better than these teams.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, you certainly want to keep company with the franchises that are hiring their third coach in three years, or that landed on Matt Rhule, or hired Matt Saturday, or decided that Nat Hackett was the guy.

The reason why many people are mad is because we'd like to be better than these teams.

It's not just these teams though. It's all teams. Show me a HC hire in the last 5 years where the owner wasn't heavily involved if not outright leading it? Heck, go back 10.

Jeff Lurie not only hired Sirianni and Pederson, he hired Reid 20+ years ago. His GM didn't want him, thought he wasn't ready.

Clark Hunt hired Reid to the Chiefs. He was the first person on the phone to him when the Eagles fired him.

It's the way it is. We can not like it, but it's how all teams operate.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Well, I see a new dawn for the Cardinals with this hire.

I imagine beautiful, green, sunlit vistas for as far as the mind's eye can see. ;)

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

A conclusive argument without including the context of each decision is a bit light on 'validity' in the truest sense of the term.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave