The Window

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sure, but we need about 20 in the top 100 to get the roster rebuilt.
I don't quite agree.

The biggest holes on the Cardinals roster are on the IOL right now. I think they need to resign Hernandez, bring in a few mid tier vets and try and draft a young IOL early in the draft (2-3 round).

Anderson is the type of player you might have a shot at getting once in a decade.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have indicated, because the Cards can select an impact player, they should not trade down. Another reason has occurred to me. The draft is only 3 months away. Ossenfort lacks the time to put his own scouting staff in place. So, to a large extent, he will have to depend on the Cards’ staff assessments to select players. He’ll be using their board. He is not permitted to bring anything from Tennessee beyond his own memory. I doubt they will let him hire any of their staff, at least not until the draft has passed. Rounds 1 & 2 likely can be done from his memory, as they stand Now. However, trading down and handling multiple picks at each level is a task likely beyond a simple sense of the top 50 or so prospects. Keep this in mind when evaluating his choices in the 2023 draft. We will get a much more accurate assessment of his talent starting in 2024.

The one trade down Scenario that I'm hoping for is the Colts swapping pick #4 with us for Pick #3 and they throw in a 2024 second. Then the Colts are guaranteed to land the remaining QB that they want and the Cards still get Carter and land a future pick that has great value next year.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite frankly with all the injuries I’ve lost track of all the o-linemen on this roster. Can we put together a decent o-line if we grab a decent center?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite frankly with all the injuries I’ve lost track of all the o-linemen on this roster. Can we put together a decent o-line if we grab a decent center?

I think the Cardinals need to add a bunch of bodies to the OL via FA to hold them over. The OL is in serious trouble right now. There are starters missing along the OL. Not to mention very little depth. It will take a couple of years to rebuild this team and I'm hoping that they fix the defense first via the draft.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The current O line, without resigning anyone is...

Hump Hayes Somebody Smith Jones

With the cap how it is Hayes likely needs to start this year.

Got to let the young guys play and learn.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Since we are in transition mode I agree that we should play the young guys and give them experience

But we still need depth and should have some vets for that

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I agree that it would not be shocking to see Hayes start next season. I think C will be the biggest priority on the OL.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Each team builds their draft board differently. I'm not too sure that the Titans board would be the same that we would want for the Cards.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I, as our new GM, just traded back several times through R1, all the way to our pick in R2, acquiring us a total of 5 additional R1 picks, for a total of 6 in 2024, plus extra lower picks. We now own the´24 draft, but sorry to inform you that I had to relinquish the´23 rights to draft both Carter and Anderson.

Oops sorry, dozed off again! Never-mind.

CT Card Fan

Registered
Reaction score
He’s likely been scouting these kids for years and many of these guys keep separate notes for situations like moving to another team. I wouldn’t put any stock into timing

Agreed. He made the interview rounds last year so he most likely has been preparing for the jump. Especially with 3 advanced degrees would think that he has the intellect and planning skills to be creating his own separate private dossier in case he did land a position.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't quite agree.

The biggest holes on the Cardinals roster are on the IOL right now. I think they need to resign Hernandez, bring in a few mid tier vets and try and draft a young IOL early in the draft (2-3 round).

Anderson is the type of player you might have a shot at getting once in a decade.
Well, what you may not get from my post is I expect at least 60% of draft picks to suck - So I am really only saying about 8 players are needed.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wouldn’t it be. interesting if they included all coaches, the GM & the HC in an expanded salary cap?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And even there he’s so strong I don’t think that’s a real knock.
It is just the nature of the process. The system is made to find cracks in players. I can see if a 4-3 team didn't think he could hold up at 235 but then, there is Reddick for the Eagles doing just fine.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’m preparing myself for Billy Price Part Deux: The Nightmare Continues.
I have a tough time seeing it with two guys at the top of front office who have zero connection to him. I think C is going to be a priority to get figured out and OG might be more of the see who rises to the crop out of a bunch of mid and unproven guys.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
agreed. This is the only trade down scenario I would like.
The one trade down Scenario that I'm hoping for is the Colts swapping pick #4 with us for Pick #3 and they throw in a 2024 second. Then the Colts are guaranteed to land the remaining QB that they want and the Cards still get Carter and land a future pick that has great value next year.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

For this to work, the Colts must be convinced the Cards are prepared to move the pick and pass on Carter.

No credible, to my mind.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
For this to work, the Colts must be convinced the Cards are prepared to move the pick and pass on Carter.

No credible, to my mind.
what makes it credible is the raiders sitting at 7 with a new HC that just dumped his existing QB
if the colts want a QB they cant risk anybody jumping them and our new GM was a Titan so he may still harbor some lingering dislike for the colts

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what makes it credible is the raiders sitting at 7 with a new HC that just dumped his existing QB
if the colts want a QB they cant risk anybody jumping them and our new GM was a Titan so he may still harbor some lingering dislike for the colts
We could get a haul for from the raiders. Two#1’s a#2 and a#3. They are only moving up 4 spots but it’s a Qb and the colts are sitting at 4.
It could force the colts to flip with us to get their guy. We’d still get the guy we want plus an addition #2.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
We could get a haul for from the raiders. Two#1’s a#2 and a#3. They are only moving up 4 spots but it’s a Qb and the colts are sitting at 4.
It could force the colts to flip with us to get their guy. We’d still get the guy we want plus an addition #2.
right? That would be ideal... hell, if we got their 2??! what is that, 35?
having 4, 34, and 35 could make a huge difference for this team

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose