Cards hire new Assistant GM under Ossenfort

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This is the first time I have ever heard of the guy, but I'm happy to have outside hires take over the draft room. It's long overdue.
They are only outside guys till draft day when they pick someone the board disagrees with.
then when their first pick gets hurt in week 1 and sits out the season they are the SOC GM's

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Lions have been drafting really well. No offense to AW and Harris but they have been learning under Graves/Keim who didn’t exactly have great habits.
I think there is a reason he got the Asst GM job vs president player personnel or pro personnel. Mike is going to let Harris and Wilson make their decisions about what they want. Might be the smartest thing Mike has done. Get some new guys in at the top and then tell Harris and Wilson to see what a different philosophy looks like for a year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
For the record, I like this move as well. Not sure how much that matters but I want to balance out my eye rolls for the Flores love. I still try to find things to get excited over.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I like this move as well and it's good to know that our owner isn't clinically insane; i.e., doing the same thing over and over, but expecting a different result. I was beginning to wonder. Outside blood was needed to diversify the gene pool.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gives me more hope that VJ isn’t the HC because this speaks to more of a clean sweep transition from one era to another… thank God.
Yeah I really do believe that VJ has what it takes to be a HC in this league but with all of the dysfunction over the last year and a half it's time to move on and start from scratch.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cards need to bring in all the competent talent evaluators they can fit in a room. More voices and consensus are almost always better than an isolated decision maker.
But what does this do to “clean lines of communication and decision-making?”

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
The fact that we hired not 1 but 2 outside guys that are thought highly about has to be a huge upgrade for this franchise.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Lions drafts have been okay since this guy was promoted to director of college scouting. Hard to say when he wasnt making the picks.
But I did find an article saying he stumped for James Houston, an undersized OLB they got in the 6th round last year who produced 8 sacks as a rookie including a 3 sack game against the bears.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Lions have drafted well and had a winning record this season so solid move here. The OL in Detroit also has some solid picks.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lions have drafted well and had a winning record this season so solid move here. The OL in Detroit also has some solid picks.
Reminds me of the commercials for investment companies that brag about their product followed by the disclaimer, “ Past performance does not guarantee…”
But I love the idea of a different set of eyes and am happy with the signing.