Official Vance Joseph as prospective HC thread

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For the Dark Siders.

Let this be thread to discuss if Bidwill really seems like he's going to do it.

Benjamin Allbright and Vegas odds had him as the 2nd most likely option if Payton went elsewhere.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nooooooooooooo all cards hope will fade away if this occurs in reality

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
We’re gonna miss out on Sean Payton because another team blew a 27 point lead. Even when we’re not involved in a game we still lose lmao
I was concerned we wouldn’t get Payton to begin with but now I’m pretty sure we aren’t. If Staley survives, I’ll be surprised more than Bidwill eating Kliff contract.

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Bidwill hires Vance Joseph, I predict pain.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
For the Dark Siders.

Let this be thread to discuss if Bidwill really seems like he's going to do it.

Benjamin Allbright and Vegas odds had him as the 2nd most likely option if Payton went elsewhere.
Forget about it

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Please delete this thread. Cards fans on this board do not deserve to be stressed out, scared, angry anymore. We’ve been through too much disappointment enough this season.
The fact he's a serious option thats getting interviewed means it has merit. Hopefully this is a thread that dies quickly though.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in the last year of a season ticket contract and I swear if VJ is the coach I will cancel and risk they try to get that year.

We can't win at home and anyone involved in that from a management perspective has no business on this team next year.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m against Flores as HC but he’s a better option than Vance so I guess?
Depends. Flores would provide a better defense, more structure and discipline.

However, Vance is closer to Kyler and would probably want to make sure he and the offense is successful more than Flores would.

Either way its screwed in terms of winning big. Unless Flores finds a legit OC.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Either way its screwed in terms of winning big
I believe we’re screwed in terms of winning anyway. Kyler could play like an MVP for a full season & I still think this is a 10 win team at best. That’s how badly Keim constructed this roster. Needed this long awaited moderate-rebuild.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I believe we’re screwed in terms of winning anyway. Kyler could play like an MVP for a full season & I still think this is a 10 win team at best. That’s how badly Keim constructed this roster. Needed this long awaited moderate-rebuild.
Chargers proved tonight it doesnt matter how good your QB plays if you're not all the way buttoned up. And they actually have foundational pieces in the trenches.

I know you didnt think we were getting Payton anyway, but that was my hope and my belief of building things up correctly.

Im probably more furious at Staley for playing Mike Williams last week than blowing the 27 point lead.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chargers proved tonight it doesnt matter how good your QB plays if you're not all the way buttoned up. And they actually have foundational pieces in the trenches.

I know you didnt think we were getting Payton anyway, but that was my hope and my belief of building things up correctly.

Im probably more furious at Staley for playing Mike Williams last week than blowing the 27 point lead.
I think what separates us & the Chargers is that Herbert really didn’t have that good of a season(honesty, he had a pedestrian season for his standards), yet, still made the playoffs because they have the pieces in place despite bad coaching.

Even with the late season collapse, Kyler had to play out of his mind to get us to enough wins to make the playoffs. Hell, even Colt had to do the same when Kyler got injured.

Herbert had bad coaching.
Kyler/Colt had bad coaching.

Herbert didn’t have to have an MVP season for a long stretch to make the playoffs.

Kyler had to.

That’s the difference in roster talent between the two.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
This is absolutely the most likely thing. And maybe this time it makes sense. We have zero hope next year. Our roster would ruin Payton and any other top tier coach.

So....

VJ as HC

Eat as much dead cap as fiscally possible in 23. If we can eat it all, perfect.

Accumulate draft picks by trading slightly down and by trading Hop

We win 4-5 next year.

Run a young gun team next year and repeat the same strategy in 24.

We win 8-9 in 24.

At this point, replace VJ with a premier HC with a clean cap and a core team.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Keeping Kliff may have been preferable to hiring Vance as the HC.

I'm not sure it is possible for many coaching hires to be a downgrade from Kliff, but Vance could easily end up being one of them.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose