Suns @ Timberwolves Friday game thread 1-13-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two games left on the road trip. Suns play at the Timberwolves on Friday and at the Grizzlies on Monday.

Suns are now 21-22 after losing at the Nuggets. Timberwolves are 20-22.

When: Friday, January 13th

Television: Bally Sports Arizona

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 6 pm

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like ages ago I said things were not looking good when we were only 6 games away from being a .500 team. This team is so painful to watch right now. :barf:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I listened to the podcast with James Jones on Arizona Sports yesterday. See link below.

Cam Johnson should be back soon but no timeline is set. It could be 5 days, 10 days or whatever.

Cam Payne, Landry Shamet and Deandre Ayton are considered day-to-day and could be back as soon as Friday.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I listened to the podcast with James Jones on Arizona Sports yesterday. See link below.

Cam Johnson should be back soon but no timeline is set. It could be 5 days, 10 days or whatever.

Cam Payne, Landry Shamet and Deandre Ayton are considered day-to-day and could be back as soon as Friday.

Let's hope as guys return that they gel quickly like riding a bike or this team is in serious trouble.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's hope as guys return that they gel quickly like riding a bike or this team is in serious trouble.

I'm not expecting a lot until Devin Booker returns and the Suns replace Jae Crowder. The chemistry doesn't seem right.

I'm not down on the players but the Suns are not playing like a confident team. They need a boost of energy from somewhere.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not expecting a lot until Devin Booker returns and the Suns replace Jae Crowder. The chemistry doesn't seem right.

I'm not down on the players but the Suns are not playing like a confident team. They need a boost of energy from somewhere.
Well I have been skeptical since the offseason. I was more or less referring to at least the regular cast being competitive. The Suns, even healthy, still need a shot in the arm and that's not going to happen until the team makes a move.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was bit tired l n been getting over bad case of flu.....

Bit disappointed in showing vs den but kind of expected it all Inj are a team killer now.... can't beat good teams with just role players

Hope da cp3 return soon and suns perform bit better vs Minnesota

Hope every suns cards fans having a great day

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was bit tired l n been getting over bad case of flu.....

Bit disappointed in showing vs den but kind of expected it all Inj are a team killer now.... can't beat good teams with just role players

Hope da cp3 return soon and suns perform bit better vs Minnesota

Hope every suns cards fans having a great day

I hope you get feeling better soon.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Cameron Johnson returns, he will presumably be quite rusty and no one can know how long he will need to re-acclimate; so I can't assume any immediate improvement at all from the team.

But since Devin Booker will have spent much less time out, he shouldn't be particularly rusty. Might it be realistic to expect an immediate or near-immediate end to the losses when he returns?
I really doubt it. We won't be as horrible but we'll still be overmatched nightly until Booker and at least a few other players return.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

With all the players out, we can't expect much with spotty rotations and expect the bench and end of bench guys to smoothly gel on the court in games. Practicing with one another is one thing, actual games are another.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all the players out, we can't expect much with spotty rotations and expect the bench and end of bench guys to smoothly gel on the court in games. Practicing with one another is one thing, actual games are another.

The Suns spark plugs are Booker and Paul, more so Booker at this stage of Paul's career.

The Suns need someone to help carry them until the team gets healthy and they find a replacement for Crowder. I'm not seeing that someone at the moment.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Suns have embarrassed the T Wolves for as long as I can remember. They OWE us a stomping and I'm not sure we can stop them.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had hoped for more. Only Deandre Ayton has been upgraded to QUESTIONABLE.

Everyone else, who was out, remains out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Karl-Anthony Towns is out for the Timberwolves.

Anthony Edwards, Kyle Anderson and Taurean Prince are questionable.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welp hope right team shows up

Wanting to see nice performances from da bridges ton

Suns need to w ton for motivation fingers crossed

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member