Watching Hard Knocks Live

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Seeing JJ hug VJ evidenced just how enormous JJ is.

Cam and myjai both look like they can put on good weight.

What they did with JJ’s gift wss humorous.

Lots of baby kissing - his excitement about his baby is pretty awesome.

They stressed how much they worked on Joe montana, and though they scored in it, it wasn’t like the design was so tricky that AJ was open.

Kliff just looked like a dead man walking on the sideline with no answers.

Great tribute to JJ. Particularly when he exited the game. Wish he had been ours for longer.

Too much bidwill in the lockerroom all season.

The embrace t the end is a good reminder that despite the fact these guys are pro athletes and we hear so much about contracts, suspensions, disputes, yada yada, these guys are also teammates and there’s genuine bonds formed. Thought it was cool.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Unlike Keim, I never disliked Kingsbury the person, he was in over his head as coach but he never came across as an entitled ass. This show kind of reinforced that for me, I think he did try his best but just wasn’t good enough.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Unlike Keim, I never disliked Kingsbury the person, he was in over his head as coach but he never came across as an entitled ass. This show kind of reinforced that for me, I think he did try his best but just wasn’t good enough.
So Kliffy was never anything more than Coach McGinnis? I can see that…

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So Kliffy was never anything more than Coach McGinnis? I can see that…
I can see some similarities, and VJ has some McGinnis in him also. Could not have a worse HC replacement for KK than VJ. If that were to happen, this franchise is doomed for a full decade if not for all eternity.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Unlike Keim, I never disliked Kingsbury the person, he was in over his head as coach but he never came across as an entitled ass. This show kind of reinforced that for me, I think he did try his best but just wasn’t good enough

yep. he is a good person -- and probably too good a person. In his own words, he treated the players like adults and professionals and assumed a high degree of trust that they would do what they should.

The problem with that approach is that of 53 people -- 43 of them probably did what they should, but the other 10 didnt. And if its the wrong 10, then you have a problem.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I think when all is said and done, and we're in the dog days of July, I'll stream it. I just couldn't handle it in season with as poorly as this squad has performed. I love this team so much, and any Cards entertainment is usually good entertainment, but there's only so much my soul can take.
should get it over with now. Why re-live the pain in July?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least Kliffy took it with grace at the end.

How can anyone not love JJ Watt?

They need to rename this show. It's far from hard knocks; more like a soft touch. The team is able to veto too much and you never get a true look behind the curtain.

Michael: Can we show more of me and the plane?

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kliff's play calling, clock management, game preparation, adjustments during games were all consistently inconsistent IN ALL FOUR YEARS. Never evolved, never changed, just stayed the same. It took about half a season each year for the defenses to figure it out.

Maybe a nice guy, coach bro, etc., etc. but a terrible head coach IMO. I'm not sure he showed anything that would indicate he'd be an above average OC at the NFL level.

Had...to...go.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Hamlin coverage, JJ coverage, nothing as compelling I was hoping for. I thought we were going to jump right in.

You can tell the players are detached from Kliff though. He's talking about Joe Montana and asking if any player knows who he is, no one's even looking at him.

Kyler in the QB room though, that's good.
I think that's a legit question, though. Montana played his last game in 1994. Most of these guys weren't even born then. If you're an offensive lineman or running back, who is Joe Montana to you?

I think that Kyler in the QB room footage was really old. This is when they were beginning to install the play -- Kliff says that the design is to go to Rondale and then the throwback. They also had footage of Colt installing it on the practice field (but not Kyler, which is weird).

I think our entire offensive staff were boobs. I imagine Sean Kugler was hoping to get fired. Imagine having spent 30 years coaching and 10 years in the NFL and having to answer to Cam Turner and Spencer Whipple.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I think that's a legit question, though. Montana played his last game in 1994. Most of these guys weren't even born then. If you're an offensive lineman or running back, who is Joe Montana to you?

I think that Kyler in the QB room footage was really old. This is when they were beginning to install the play -- Kliff says that the design is to go to Rondale and then the throwback. They also had footage of Colt installing it on the practice field (but not Kyler, which is weird).

I think our entire offensive staff were boobs. I imagine Sean Kugler was hoping to get fired. Imagine having spent 30 years coaching and 10 years in the NFL and having to answer to Cam Turner and Spencer Whipple.
Until his wrongful termination suit is settled and the event in Mexico is completely vetted and resolved, I will continue to believe that Kugler took the bullet for Keim's deeds...

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Good point on it being old footage, I was also focused on something else at the time.

My point about Kliff still stands though, the responsiveness from players in that film session was about enthusiastic as a substitute teacher that's trying to get you to learn something on the last day of school.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Good point on it being old footage, I was also focused on something else at the time.

My point about Kliff still stands though, the responsiveness from players in that film session was about enthusiastic as a substitute teacher that's trying to get you to learn something on the last day of school.
I dunno. That's generally what all these meetings look like on Hard Knocks.

It was really weird though when Kliff was saying his farewells to the staff EVERYONE was sitting at the back of the room. There are 10 people in that meeting and no one wants to be anywhere near Kliff.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Exactly Zeno. Seems like a great guy to hang out and drink a beer with. Just can't be my head coach.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are truly fortunate to have JJ for the two years that we did. He's a hell of person. I misted up a bit during his tribute. Hopefully his work ethic will rub off on some of the guys who are around next year.

I'm happy for AJ Green the way that Joe Montana ended (possibly) his career.

Kliff is a great guy, it seems. He just doesn't know how to hold people accountable. I wish him the best of luck.

NFL practices seem weird to me. the drills that they do (dummy hitting and evading) are the same drills that I did when I was young. Hopefully these are just a few minutes of each practice and the gameplanning, of course, isn't shown.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Posted without reading, but Defector does good work
It's a great read - especially getting an outside perspective of our loveable(?) losers.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Posted without reading, but Defector does good work
Man that was vicious . . . and sadly accurate. Should be required reading before gaining access to ASFN.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
CAM TURNER IS NORV’S NEPHEW?!

Darren Urban really let us down. Fire everyone again. Rehire Kliff so we can fire him again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose