Suns @ Clippers Thursday game thread 12-15-2022

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, from age 25 on he missed like 30 games per season and he retired at 31.

Guy was on pace to cruise into the hall of fame before 1993.
This is what worries me a little about Booker. Up until he was 25, he missed a couple games here and there because of his hammies, but never more than 7 games. Book has been missing games at a slightly higher clip during the same years as KJ. Hoping KJ’s past doesn’t portend a similar future for Book.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is what worries me a little about Booker. Up until he was 25, he missed a couple games here and there because of his hammies, but never more than 7 games. Book has been missing games at a slightly higher clip during the same years as KJ. Hoping KJ’s past doesn’t portend a similar future for Book.

Booker obviously has some hamstring issues, but I also think it's no where near the level of KJ. KJ missed month after month, and upon each return he seemed to see a further decline in his play.

Booker meanwhile, has missed a few weeks, here and there, his only long term "injury" was his wrist, which we all suspect was tanking. And just a couple weeks ago, he was playing at heights we'd never seen from him.

His ham string problems are a worry. They can seemingly pop up at any time but are never serious... but if they happen in the middle of the playoffs, it is obviously an issue. KJ meanwhile was totally debilitated, missing huge amounts of playing time with each injury and saw his quickness evaporate, which was a huge part of his effectiveness.

Booker's hamstring problems are more like Curry's ankle. Something you know can strike at any moment but you know isn't going to totally derail his career. KJ's hamstrings destroyed him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker obviously has some hamstring issues, but I also think it's no where near the level of KJ. KJ missed month after month, and upon each return he seemed to see a further decline in his play.

Booker meanwhile, has missed a few weeks, here and there, his only long term "injury" was his wrist, which we all suspect was tanking. And just a couple weeks ago, he was playing at heights we'd never seen from him.

His ham string problems are a worry. They can seemingly pop up at any time but are never serious... but if they happen in the middle of the playoffs, it is obviously an issue. KJ meanwhile was totally debilitated, missing huge amounts of playing time with each injury and saw his quickness evaporate, which was a huge part of his effectiveness.

Booker's hamstring problems are more like Curry's ankle. Something you know can strike at any moment but you know isn't going to totally derail his career. KJ's hamstrings destroyed him.
Sure… but KJ’s hamstrings weren’t even a problem until he was 26 years old in the 92-93 season, when he missed a bunch of time. That season was actually the first time he missed more than 7 games in his five year career, playing in 80, 81, 78, 77 and 74 games in the first five years of his career prior to turning 26. It’s why he was a 4 time All-Star and a 5 team All-NBA player. It was only after his 26th bday that his hamstrings became debilitating.

Meanwhile, Booker just turned 26, and unlike KJ before he turned 26, he’s already had hamstring problems in the last three regular seasons, not to mention he also had them in the last two postseasons as well (if you believe the rumor that he had one against Milwaukee at the end, which was a popular theory here why he shat the bed so bad in Game 6).

Make a long story short, at similar ages in their careers, KJ had almost zero hamstring issues while Booker has had sone nagging ones in multiple regular and postseasons.

Hopefully he doesn’t go the way of the KJ, but the reality is he’s already had more issues at similar points in their career than KJ did.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure… but KJ’s hamstrings weren’t even a problem until he was 26 years old in the 92-93 season, when he missed a bunch of time. That season was actually the first time he missed more than 7 games in his five year career, playing in 80, 81, 78, 77 and 74 games in the first five years of his career prior to turning 26. It’s why he was a 4 time All-Star and a 5 team All-NBA player. It was only after his 26th bday that his hamstrings became debilitating.

Meanwhile, Booker just turned 26, and unlike KJ before he turned 26, he’s already had hamstring problems in the last three regular seasons, not to mention he also had them in the last two postseasons as well (if you believe the rumor that he had one against Milwaukee at the end, which was a popular theory here why he shat the bed so bad in Game 6).

Make a long story short, at similar ages in their careers, KJ had almost zero hamstring issues while Booker has had sone nagging ones in multiple regular and postseasons.

Hopefully he doesn’t go the way of the KJ, but the reality is he’s already had more issues at similar points in their career than KJ did.

Obviously time will tell, but I think their hamstring issues are distinctly different.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Booker has an issue with them here and there almost every year, missing a few games, depending on importance.

KJ's were totally debilitating. Maybe his wouldn't have been with training advancements over the last 20-30 years, but outside of the fear of WHEN Booker's hammy might flair up, I don't expect them to destroy his career like KJ's did.

Booker has had hamstring strains, typically mild, KJ had hamstring tears.

I'm more worried about Ayton's ankles. Get that guy some firmer high tops before he breaks something. He seems to roll his ankle once every 2 or 3 months.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Clippers beat the Timberwolves last night. With a win, they could push the Suns down into a play-in slot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not thinking too much about play-in slots with 2/3 of the season to go and all the teams bunched up so close together.

It's a marathon but I still keep up with the standings.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure who will play tonight but point Booker and shooting guard Bridges looked like something I'd like to see more of in the future.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welp GameDay hoping Wishing right suns team appears

Hope everyone having a great thurs

Wanting to see nice performances by cp3 dbook Dayton

Heck cards or suns due for a w right....

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul George, Reggie Jackson and Kawhi Leonard are out for the Clippers among others.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Booker is good enough to play point guard if the Suns choose to go this direction down the road. It's hard to find a starting caliber point guard.

His assists keep trending upwards and I think making him a distributor will further improve his decision making. He has steadily improved his game in this area, facing all the double and triple teams.

Of course, the question is, does he want to play this position. Bridges playing shooting guard worked almost seamlessly the other night. This could end up being his best position. The Suns would have a lot of offensive punch and they both play defense.

IMO, finding forwards in the draft is much easier to find than starting caliber guards. The Suns already have their starting center.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Booker is good enough to play point guard if the Suns choose to go this direction down the road. It's hard to find a starting caliber point guard.

His assists keep trending upwards and I think making him a distributor will further improve his decision making. He has steadily improved his game in this area, facing all the double and triple teams.

Of course, the question is, does he want to play this position. Bridges playing shooting guard worked almost seamlessly the other night. This could end up being his best position. The Suns would have a lot of offensive punch.

IMO, finding forwards in the draft is much easier to find than starting caliber guards. The Suns already have their starting center.
no EFFIN way. A Booker/Bridges back court is a disaster. You then have one solid creator but a guy who can't really break down and punish doubles and another who is a complete non-factor as a creator for himself or others.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is an updated injury report for the Clippers. Zubac and Kennard are also out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no EFFIN way. A Booker/Bridges back court is a disaster. You then have one solid creator but a guy who can't really break down and punish doubles and another who is a complete non-factor as a creator for himself or others.

I thought Bridges looked good at shooting guard in that overtime game against the Pelicans.

With Chris Paul winding down, it might be worth a look.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Here is an updated injury report for the Clippers. Zubac and Kennard are also out.

I would say trap game, but if this team isn't motivated to snap this win streak, regardless of who is on the floor for the other team, than I don't even know what to say.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say trap game, but if this team isn't motivated to snap this win streak, regardless of who is on the floor for the other team, than I don't even know what to say.

Yeah, there are no trap games for the Suns the way they are playing. They need any kind of win in the worst way.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Biz will get the start for Ayton.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads