Odegard: Steve Keim Never Went All-In, Should Be Out As Cardinals General Manager

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With this lousy bunch, road wins are actually (and weirdly) possible, so we can bank on a W at Denver. Damn, but one additional win (such as Denver) probably will earn this sad sack, train wreck of a “brain trust” another year. Imagine if you scored an outrageously high paying job and all it took to maintain it was to produce a semi-competent effort once in a blue moon?!
I've said it many times, I never want the Cardinals to lose but right now I just don't give a ****. I want KK gone like yesterday & the more we lose & lose badly the Sean Payton rumors will grow & hopefully come true? I thought he hated our franchise but his recent cowherd interview tells a different story.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've said it many times, I never want the Cardinals to lose but right now I just don't give a ****. I want KK gone like yesterday & the more we lose & lose badly the Sean Payton rumors will grow & hopefully come true? I thought he hated our franchise but his recent cowherd interview tells a different story.
I’m here.. we are out of playoff contention so for the first time in my life will be rooting for us to lose for the better of the franchise

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct, I’ve never rooted for them to lose even in bad seasons. This is how disgusted I am with Kliffy being head coach
I see. How did you feel just 4 years ago under Wilks? That was by far the worst Cards team we have had. Kliff is Andy Reid by comparison.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I see. How did you feel just 4 years ago under Wilks? That was by far the worst Cards team we have had. Kliff is Andy Reid by comparison.
Way less talent on that team so didn’t have any expectations for them.. I disagree Kliffy makes Wilks look solid. I have never seen a worse head coach in the NFL at any aspect. Give me Gase over this clown.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
Which is entirely possible. We suck, only possible win I see left on the schedule is Denver, they're as bad if not worse than us but I think that game is in Denver? Nothing will get done though imo. Keim & Kliffy will get another year cause of the injuries. Their weekly film sessions are a real thing & Kliffy will show Bidwill why the plays are failing without showing him how he could change things with a little more creativity.

More likely that Russ goes 56-0 on us again.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Way less talent on that team so didn’t have any expectations for them.. I disagree Kliffy makes Wilks look solid. I have never seen a worse head coach in the NFL at any aspect. Give me Gase over this clown.
This is hilarious. You'd rather have Hue Jackson or Josh McDaniel?

EDIT: We know you'd rather have Charlie Weis. LOLOLOLOL

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is hilarious. You'd rather have Hue Jackson or Josh McDaniel?

EDIT: We know you'd rather have Charlie Weis. LOLOLOLOL
Oh I’d much rather have any of the 3…and all 3 aren’t good NFL coaches. Kliff is that bad - not a single achievement in the NFL to date and absolutely not one quality he’s shown to excel at, at any phase of the game.

Not sure what you’re obnoxious lolololol is about? all 3 other guys have at least shown competency at some role in the NFL in their career… grow up pal! Lololololol

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oh I’d much rather have any of the 3…and all 3 aren’t good NFL coaches. Kliff is that bad - not a single achievement in the NFL to date and absolutely not one quality he’s shown to excel at, at any phase of the game.

Not sure what you’re obnoxious lolololol is about? all 3 other guys have at least shown competency at some role in the NFL in their career… grow up pal! Lololololol
Hue Jackson & Josh McDaniel sucks, not sure I'd rather have either of them over KK but it's very close with KK cause he's just that stuck on his offense working & changes nothing. It doesn't work in the NFL because it's very predictable & it's been figured out. Copy cat league so study the Chiefs offense, the Bills, any offense that scores & add some of their stuff. What does he do? Nothing, keeps running the same old stuff, it's frustrating to watch. He's smart, I know that but he's probably more stubborn to change than smart which makes him look very dumb if that makes any sense? Go back & watch some of the creative plays he ran in 2019, misdirection, 12 personnel etc etc, very creative imo. The misdirection TD against Atlanta that Maxx scored on (delayed TE drag after misdirection) in which Larry was making fun of how slow Maxx is. That's genius **** right there, I haven't seen that play ever since. My opinion is this on 2019 compared to now. In 2019 he had less weapons so he had no choice but to get creative. Now he has more weapons (even though we didn't get to see them all at the same time together) he thinks he doesn't have to get creative, just line em up & run his Mickey Mouse offense. Even with weapons you still have to be creative, just look at all the talent the Chiefs have & the creative ways Andy Reid gets his offense in space. KK will move Hopkins around & have a big play, then not go back to that the rest of the game, just mind boggling. He isn't gonna change, I just hope Bidwill wakes the **** up & sees he has a chance to get a super bowl winning coach instead of losing with coach bro?

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Whether it's Keim, Kliff, or whatever the reason(s) - too many players highly-regarded going into the draft come here and do nothing. They just don't get used properly. Simmons is a perfect example - he's a terror coming off the LOS, and a liability in coverage. So where is he? Dropping back and getting beaten constantly. Put him on the edge and turn him loose.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The problem is that Bidwill will give Keim and Kliff another year for all the Injuries, DHop suspension and whatever is to come. I think the only Way they go is if we are routed badly in the majority of remaining games, and the players lack of effort is not there.
They will have to lose Wilks style

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The reason I like Sean Payton so much isn’t the Brees-Kyler aspect, it’s that he’s the only guy on the market who has the juice to force Keim out.

That article written in 2019 was something else. Dude has made the exact same mistakes over and over since then.
This is where I am also. But I also wanted Andy Reid and he wouldn't give the Cards any consideration because he wanted to bring in his own leadership team (Dorsey) with him. Bidwill wouldn't allow it then, and I am confident he won't do it now for a coach like Sean Payton either. He wants his fingers in the chili and it's spoiling the product IMO. And spoiling our chances for a top-tier coaching mind.

Why has my faith fell in the past 12 months? I have lost faith in our owner to do what is needed to win. He will compete for sure...... but he does not have the balls or the pocketbooks for winning in this league. Especially with a highly paid QB who needs a ton of help around him to succeed.

We will get another coach next year is my guess. Keim will remain. And with Payton the top coaching possibility this offseason, we will settle for a lesser known assistant coaching option who will be fine with the job and with Keim, and with Mike adding his 2 cents because he was just happy to get a job in the first place. We just have to hope like hell we get another Arians and not another Wilks.

My best possibility is still Eric Bieniemy. I have no idea why he doesnt already have a job. EB & Nagy or Frank Reich could be solid if they will be willing to work for Keim & MB. And if I was them...... I would probably move on too.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For the remainder of the season, I see 3 wins max. As few as 1. If its 0 wins, ending the season on a 6 game losing streak likely ends with someone getting fired.

If they have a 7-10 / 6-11 season where your QB regressed without explanation, you likely to lose a key young player or two in the offseason, AND you bring GM and HC back:

Thats a hard sell to the ticket buying public.

teams sell one of two things: winning football or hope that winning football isn't far away. Not sure how you can spin the above situation into either one of those
Not to mention a hard sell to potential free agents. This is quickly headed to the days of when no one wanted to come to the Cardinals. Why would you under this current clown showcase?

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Same here, this franchise needs a reset badly. Lose the rest including a humiliating beat down by the terrible Broncos and let’s see what stones MB has.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The reality is this, Kliff is not a head coach at this level but a OC. At least hire a freaking head coach, to be the 'coach' and if you must let Kliff be the OC and Vance the DC... but what head coach with professional merit won't be allowed to hire his own dudes

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
My best possibility is still Eric Bieniemy. I have no idea why he doesnt already have a job. EB & Nagy or Frank Reich could be solid if they will be willing to work for Keim & MB. And if I was them...... I would probably move on too.
Bienemy said no to us in the Kliff cycle, I believe.

Even as an interview.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The reality is this, Kliff is not a head coach at this level but a OC. At least hire a freaking head coach, to be the 'coach' and if you must let Kliff be the OC and Vance the DC... but what head coach with professional merit won't be allowed to hire his own dudes

Yeah I think he could find success strictly as an OC as well. HC is a bit over his head right now.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah I think he could find success strictly as an OC as well. HC is a bit over his head right now.
IDK if he can even be a good OC only. I’m sure he spends the vast majority of time with the offense now but yet his play calling etc…. Is suspect, what would change ??

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose