Patrick Peterson Says "Kyler Only Cares About Kyler", Kyler Responds

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have seen him more than once say he has to play better (and then states the whole team has to play better) but to say he never takes responsibility is off

I've heard him say "WE have to play better" a whole bunch. Never heard him say I. I'd be interested if you can show one example, never mind more than one.

Only time I ever recall him taking a hit himself was as a rookie where he threw 3 INT's in a game.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has a point. Everyone saying they don't believe it because P2 said it. You can guarantee those same people would be riding it hard if P2 said Kliff was the issue.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've heard him say "WE have to play better" a whole bunch. Never heard him say I. I'd be interested if you can show one example, never mind more than one.

Only time I ever recall him taking a hit himself was as a rookie where he threw 3 INT's in a game.
Lions game as well. As Jet said there has been others. He just doesnt crush himself.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lions game as well. As Jet said there has been others. He just doesnt crush himself.

It's literally titled "WE have to be better" and all he does is state some facts. "If I don;t turn the ball over 3 times we have a better chance to win the game" is just reality.

Kyler has had some terrible games this year where he has been the cause of the loss and blamed everyone as a whole. Not once has he said "I need to do better". Yet I've heard Josh Allen (who is a far better QB) say it several times about himself.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's literally titled "WE have to be better" and all he does is state some facts. "If I don;t turn the ball over 3 times we have a better chance to win the game" is just reality.

Kyler has had some terrible games this year where he has been the cause of the loss and blamed everyone as a whole. Not once has he said "I need to do better". Yet I've heard Josh Allen (who is a far better QB) say it several times about himself.
That looks like a pretty solid "mea culpa" to me. I think you are pretty correct in much of your Kyler criticism but often go out of bounds on takes like this. Are you really expecting him to say those exact words "I need to do better"? And, if he does, I would expect you would question his sincerity.

There's enough to be critical of for sure but you don't have to bend the space time continuum to prove you're right. Just my 2 cents (which is about what my opinion is worth I'm sure) :)

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He has a point. Everyone saying they don't believe it because P2 said it. You can guarantee those same people would be riding it hard if P2 said Kliff was the issue.

That is quite a guarantee, considering Peterson has been tearing into Keim for weeks and I can't remember anyone here taking him seriously.

I mean, I know we should take anything said by Soul PanCakeS to his 53 followers on Twitter as legitimate, but I'm still skeptical.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks like a pretty solid "mea culpa" to me. I think you are pretty correct in much of your Kyler criticism but often go out of bounds on takes like this. Are you really expecting him to say those exact words "I need to do better"? And, if he does, I would expect you would question his sincerity.

There's enough to be critical of for sure but you don't have to bend the space time continuum to prove you're right. Just my 2 cents (which is about what my opinion is worth I'm sure) :)
Yeah…I’ve been one to criticize Kyler for not taking responsibility personally in the postgame pressers (and honestly can’t remember him doing so once so far this season), but to argue that clip isn’t him pointing the finger at himself is ludicrous.

I just wish I saw something like that more this year.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I do not have the time to look up what I already know, it is only important I know the truth so I do not make inaccurate statements

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My issue with him is that it all stems from him cheating and the team not agreeing to pay him while suspended. His cheating is the epitome of being selfish. Until he holds himself in check, he should just keep his mouth shut and play ball.
Nuk cheated as well

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I find the Peterson stuff on this board interesting.

He said he didn't like how he was treated by Keim...

He said he thinks Kyler is about Kyler...

What parts of these two statements are not echoed by many on this board? And yet, Peterson gets a ton of heat.
Even if they are true, he is a classless ***** for saying them in public.

NWMike

Rookie
Reaction score
I definitely think there is something to this. The way Larry left and the fact he seemingly has stayed away from the org speaks much louder than anything PP could say. That being said PP is that last guy that should be running his mouth. He could have been one of the all time greats at his position but he was a prima donna and clearly made "business decisions" on the field. Watching him play with passion against the Cards a few weeks ago just furthered hammered home that point for me. Imagine what he could have been if he gave that effort the last 5-6 years he was in AZ. As it is now I don't see him sniffing the HoF and he can forget the Ring of Honor. I'm sure we'll hear him crying all about that in 7 years once he hangs them up and become eligibie. What a waste of talent.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I definitely think there is something to this. The way Larry left and the fact he seemingly has stayed away from the org speaks much louder than anything PP could say. That being said PP is that last guy that should be running his mouth. He could have been one of the all time greats at his position but he was a prima donna and clearly made "business decisions" on the field. Watching him play with passion against the Cards a few weeks ago just furthered hammered home that point for me. Imagine what he could have been if he gave that effort the last 5-6 years he was in AZ. As it is now I don't see him sniffing the HoF and he can forget the Ring of Honor. I'm sure we'll hear him crying all about that in 7 years once he hangs them up and become eligibie. What a waste of talent.
Patrick Peterson is a total immature, self centered, ******** when it comes to his public behavior, but he is one of the all time greats, as much as one really can be with the new rules in play which favor the offense, which the likes of other shutdown corners never had to adhere to. If Lawrence Taylor's cocaine arse gets to be in the Hall of Fame along with a score of other players who were never monitored or got caught, so does he

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think there would be a groundswell of support for Kyler Murray. He should have the support of most of the team.
You only expect the leaders of teams to speak out. Most of the regular/fringe players don't have anything to gain by speaking out. One of the leaders of our team did speak out.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And how has Aeneas ever expressed himself that prompts you to guarantee that. Social media is still communication no different than back then, and back then people used rumors to fill in the gap and there was never even any of that from my recollection
Exactly JG. I don't know Aeneas from a can of paint, but I would truly like to think that the man who my son is named after, andwho exhibited nothing but class and humility his entire career would have been above the fray, even if he played in the social media age.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Exactly JG. I don't know Aeneas from a can of paint, but I would truly like to think that the man who my son is named after, andwho exhibited nothing but class and humility his entire career would have been above the fray, even if he played in the social media age.
I also believed the term 'demanded' was never used but rather he requested a trade

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You only expect the leaders of teams to speak out. Most of the regular/fringe players don't have anything to gain by speaking out. One of the leaders of our team did speak out.

I don't give weight to what Patrick Peterson said but I think the pro Murray comments could be stronger by Hopkins or other team leaders.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't give weight to what Patrick Peterson said but I think the pro Murray comments could be stronger by Hopkins or other team leaders.

If you don't give weight to what he said, then why do players need to stick up for Murray? Weird stance.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't give weight to what he said, then why do players need to stick up for Murray? Weird stance.

It seems to be a topic here. Also, Hopkins spoke out about it. We live in a social media world.

There was also an article about it in Arizona Sports.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems to be a topic here. Also, Hopkins spoke out about it. We live in a social media world.

There was also an article about it in Arizona Sports.
I'm asking you specifically. If you don't give weight to what PP said, then why do players need to stick up for Murray?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm asking you specifically. If you don't give weight to what PP said, then why do players need to stick up for Murray?

Because it is public information and it's out there. I certainly didn't create the topic.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Pat P might be right, but still sounds like a jilted lover. Bad look all around.

Also, while having a storied career, I don't think many Cards fans will remember Pat fondly. He was an excellent player and appeared to be a good overall citizen, but just not very likeable.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose