Week 12 2022: Heroes and Goats

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Well yeah that works too and it depends on the scheme but I'm not sure he's a LB. At best he's a WILL in a 4-3. He's very scheme dependent.

Might be best to cut our loses and stop trying to do the whole square peg, round hole thing.
Best thing again is coaching, the guy has shown when put in the right places on a given play he excels. He has had some 'wow' splash plays, so it's the coaching staff which is preventing his excellence from being consistent by moving him around constantly out of his advantageous possibilities

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
20+ other GM's passed on Justin Jefferson. Every GM passed on Alvin Kamara multiple times.

Green bay drafted Josh Myers (Who?) at C one spot before Creed Humphrey.

Nowadays we have access to pretty much the same data as GM's. It's not 1985. We all saw Simmons play, his combine, interviews, analysts reports etc etc and people were fine with the pick.

I'm all for bashing GM's for picking guys like Andy Isabella but there isn't a GM in that has missed on a better player multiple times in a draft.

Nobody new what Justin Jefferson would be, or he would have gone top 5.
Jesus.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
20+ other GM's passed on Justin Jefferson. Every GM passed on Alvin Kamara multiple times.

Green bay drafted Josh Myers (Who?) at C one spot before Creed Humphrey.

Nowadays we have access to pretty much the same data as GM's. It's not 1985. We all saw Simmons play, his combine, interviews, analysts reports etc etc and people were fine with the pick.

I'm all for bashing GM's for picking guys like Andy Isabella but there isn't a GM in that has missed on a better player multiple times in a draft.

Nobody new what Justin Jefferson would be, or he would have gone top 5.
Meh the part you are missing on is who the player IS.

Fans don't get to meet the players like GMs do, talk to their college coaches, etc.

Keim is right when he says that he missed more on the person than the player, but that can be said by most GMs.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fans don't get to meet the players like GMs do, talk to their college coaches, etc.

Keim is right when he says that he missed more on the person than the player, but that can be said by most GMs.

I can excuse Jefferson because virtually nobody had him rated that high. It's somewhat tough because we had a guy on staff, a WR coach, who apparently openly told the staff he thought jefferson was the best WR in the draft but that doesn't mean even he knew how good he was going to be.

We didn't pick a WR IMO because we'd just made the D Hop trade so we figured we're set with Hop and Kirk and I would also somewhat assume they expected Isabella might develop although that seemed unlikely he just didn't show anything as a rookie.

But at the time there were lots of people on the board pushing Wirfs, there were people still wanting WR(like me) and there were lots of people who liked Simmons but as I said even then people weren't sure what position he was going to actually play.

No GM is infallible but when you miss repeatedly and the team ends up constantly having to play catchup as a result I think it is fair for fans to point that out.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I can excuse Jefferson because virtually nobody had him rated that high. It's somewhat tough because we had a guy on staff, a WR coach, who apparently openly told the staff he thought jefferson was the best WR in the draft but that doesn't mean even he knew how good he was going to be.

We didn't pick a WR IMO because we'd just made the D Hop trade so we figured we're set with Hop and Kirk and I would also somewhat assume they expected Isabella might develop although that seemed unlikely he just didn't show anything as a rookie.

But at the time there were lots of people on the board pushing Wirfs, there were people still wanting WR(like me) and there were lots of people who liked Simmons but as I said even then people weren't sure what position he was going to actually play.

No GM is infallible but when you miss repeatedly and the team ends up constantly having to play catchup as a result I think it is fair for fans to point that out.
I liked Becton and Wills. I thought Cardinals needed to address tackle.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Even the player side. None of us has the time to watch every single play any player, or even the volume of subset of plays that a gm watches or a team of scouts to deploy and listen to. It isn’t our JOB. If I was employed to do so, like spend the amount of time i do at work presently and have the resources available that keim possesses Brit’s argument would water. But I don’t. None of us do.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
“I’ve been around K1,” Peterson said, according to CBS. “He’s a competitor ... And I feel like, no disrespect to the Arizona Cardinals, I feel like they don’t put the team in a position to be successful year after year after year. And Kyler Murray’s not gonna sit around and wait for that.”

This is from April. Doesn't sound like he is describing someone who only cares about themselves.

Patrick is all over the place. The COD miming in the end zone was also weak. I can't wait for him to get burned repeatedly on a national stage in the playoffs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
“I’ve been around K1,” Peterson said, according to CBS. “He’s a competitor ... And I feel like, no disrespect to the Arizona Cardinals, I feel like they don’t put the team in a position to be successful year after year after year. And Kyler Murray’s not gonna sit around and wait for that.”

This is from April. Doesn't sound like he is describing someone who only cares about themselves.

Patrick is all over the place. The COD miming in the end zone was also weak. I can't wait for him to get burned repeatedly on a national stage in the playoffs.
Yeah he was a great corner in his heyday. His mouth leaves a lot to be desired. With his tackling.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
You just don’t see eventually HOF great QBs get slagged from so many different angles… former teammates, up and down the media… his own FO putting in contract clauses that question his prep and embarass the hell out of him.

None of that is to defend Keim or Kliff. They are number 1 and 2 major problemos on this team. But I just can’t remember another GREAT QB who had this much bad buzz around him at an early stage in his career who then went on to greatness.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You just don’t see eventually HOF great QBs get slagged from so many different angles… former teammates, up and down the media… his own FO putting in contract clauses that question his prep and embarass the hell out of him.

None of that is to defend Keim or Kliff. They are number 1 and 2 major problemos on this team. But I just can’t remember another GREAT QB who had this much bad buzz around him at an early stage in his career who then went on to greatness.
Understandable.

But he’s not wrong here. According to Kyler, Peterson has his number. If he has a problem with him, he could’ve contacted him man-to-man & let him know.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Understandable.

But he’s not wrong here. According to Kyler, Peterson has his number. If he has a problem with him, he could’ve contacted him man-to-man & let him know.
I know… and I’m not a fan of PEDerson and took slings and arrows for years bashing him for never tackling and calling him out as past his prime.

But it’s just more smoke… and there’s just a lot of smoke surrounding Kyler.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Understandable.

Especially since PP was so hurt and claiming he is still waiting for a call from Keim. I do feel Kyler has some maturing to do, but won't put too much weight in PP comments.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
somehow Pat P has turned into the spurned crazy girlfriend

why wasnt he saying any of this last year at this time? oh I know: because AZ was 9-2 and the Vikes were banging around .500.

so now that the tables are turned and the Vikes are contenders, all he wants to talk about is.....................Kyler Murray????

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

From my understanding Pat isnt wrong.

Kyler was pretty much more of a loner and to himself his 1st two years. At least more than you'd like for a franchise QB. Its why Pat and Fitz had their issues with him not being open as much.

He's been better the last couple of years, but is he willing to go the distance and really be open when the times are bad? We'll see. This offseason will be interesting if we get more "leaks"

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

But, he will be in the playoffs...

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I'll give you one: Terry Bradshaw.

Can only imagine what would have been amplified publicly with today's tools when Terry had a shaky start to his career.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose