Adrian Wilson GM and Demeco Ryans Head Coach make a lot of sense.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I never thought of ADub as a loser or dysfunctional. Although I would enjoy seeing what happened if you said that to his face.

;)
Wow, completely distort a quote much? The franchise is a losing franchise and dysfunctional; A-dub is not personally either. At least I wouldn't think he is. A-dub has, however, been raised to management and trained in everything management related inside a losing, dysfunctional franchise. We could A: Hire outside and try to import a winning attitude, or B: Continue with the same tainted bloodline of ineptitude and pray for different results.

BTW, if A-dub ever asked me what I thought about the franchise, I would absolutely, to his face, admit it's riddled with a culture of losing and completely dysfunctional. In a respectful manner ;)

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
A-dub from all accounts is a great guy and was one hell of a Cardinal but I would not want him as our GM. Any guy who cannot control his emotions and is seen running down the field while no longer playing during a win cheering as he goes, does not equate to me as the levelheaded persona who can multitask and get the job done... btw, I am not qualified, and I would have been running down the field too following the touchdown in progress minus the loud suit lol
Jet.... I'll disagree with the logic. I have no problem having my GM running down the field in that exciting moment. Guess it's just a different opinion.

It would have been funny to watch overwieght Keim running down the field but he probably would have tripped over a camera cord or had a heart attack trying to keep up with A-Dub. By the way, the suit was okay to wear but I'd rather have him dressed in something that says I belong here not I belong in the circus. With today's athletes though, it might be what our players want. I have no problem with players wanting to come here because if the suit!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Jet.... I'll disagree with the logic. I have no problem having my GM running down the field in that exciting moment. Guess it's just a different opinion.

It would have been funny to watch overwieght Keim running down the field but he probably would have tripped over a camera cord or had a heart attack trying to keep up with A-Dub. By the way, the suit was okay to wear but I'd rather have him dressed in something that says I belong here not I belong in the circus. With today's athletes though, it might be what our players want. I have no problem with players wanting to come here because if the suit!
Yeah, the suit comment was just a joke on my behalf, probably wish I had the gumption to wear something like that but as a professional artist I have broken out the Hussar jacket lol

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've often thought that Daniel Jeremiah would be a good GM? He always has good thoughts & ideas on players in which to build a team when he is on ESPN. Not a for sure thing though cause Mike Mayock (sp) was that guy, then hired by the Raiders as GM & look how that turned out? Gotta take a chance on someone though, DJ may actually be a good one? If DR was hired from the 49ers, I'd think he would bring someone working under Lynch with him to be his GM? They draft well & really put forth a good effort to build both lines, especially the DL.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
As Stout has said and I've said in other threads, no. 100% no. No disrespect to A-Dub.

This organization hasn't had an outside hire at GM since 1996. That's not okay. It's a major part of why we can't get any change to truly happen here. Keim's entire understanding of a front office was managed by Bob Ferguson, then Rod Graves, then him, and A-Dub has only seen three of those four names in his entire time with the organization.

Let's put it this way: Ferguson drafted Adrian Wilson, and we haven't seen a GM from outside of the organization since. He's only ever known one thing.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Fans, I don’t think Kliff and Keim or Kyler are done here, this decision was made last offseason and I agree with it. I thought we ditched Denny Greene to early, because he was a franchise builder and did a great job, leaving whisenhunt the talent to go to the Super Bowl. But whisenhunt was a franchise buster- treated players like crap to see how they respond to adversity - well we seen how whiz responded to adversity - crash and burn twice as HC!

my point is the finest metal is forged in the flames of adversity. Pain causes results nothing else will. Kyler needs humbled, he is a boy and is arrogant, Hopkins lost my respect doping and yes he did, as the best receiver in the NFL he doped, rationalize and victimize all you want, then that flagrant double taunt in Mexico City, look at me look at me I’m a crooks train, immature brat, could care less about you or your fan hood, or the player with less talent trying to overcome a bubble.

we need a run game as a primary weapon, balance not a 4th option maybe if we can with findable Moore. We need to earn play action and rpo - like every single team in the history of earth. Kliff has done it some in college and when he actually had success here.like cards coaches before him he passes our team to death. Saxon and now Krueger could be a god send, this season may break the camels back and force the team to actually practice, execute a run game to increase passing efficiently.

,we ask Km , Palmer, Warner and a slew of lesser talented qbs - to outperform NFL defenses one dimensionally, it ain’t the offensive lines fault they remain under constant attack play in and play out year after year, decade after decade. Look at our success then look at run game performance at that time. It gives our team a chance, but our rbs are treated like trash by our media, the team and the fans.

conner made [ro bowl as the back up, CRS- needs to change. If they bring it Payton I will turn my back And hold my nose. Dude was suspended HC as the most unsportsmanlike person in history. He is scum, kliff is not.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Adrian Wilson would not be a GM candidate for any respectable organization
Okay Steve Keim's ASFN account, I'm reading this, but he might deserve a chance in another organization to grow.

Here, at this point in his career, I don't know if he's a GM candidate.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I've often thought that Daniel Jeremiah would be a good GM? He always has good thoughts & ideas on players in which to build a team when he is on ESPN. Not a for sure thing though cause Mike Mayock (sp) was that guy, then hired by the Raiders as GM & look how that turned out? Gotta take a chance on someone though, DJ may actually be a good one? If DR was hired from the 49ers, I'd think he would bring someone working under Lynch with him to be his GM? They draft well & really put forth a good effort to build both lines, especially the DL.
Mayock's downfall was Gruden. Gruden was the actual GM, but Mayock was the fall guy. I think Mayock new his only shot would be to hitch himself to a powerful coach who'd be calling all the real shots, so he could build his cred as a GM. Unfortunately Gruden was not good at picking talent and Mike paid the price.

To be clear, though, I think Mayock did scout and rank players to be drafted...probably giving Gruden various options in each round. Gruden has long been known to root for the longshot or underdog and I think that's how he ended up drafting...or over drafting and reaching on players, especially in the 1st round.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Ryans has certainly been considered previously, turning down a second interview with the Vikes, I think. Normally he might be a thought but this is such a mess I rather see someone with more experience if you’re going with a defensive guy. Ryans has only been a DC since 1991. Flores has a much stronger track record.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Keim wouldnt be running downfield because of scoring, they just announced last call at the beer stand

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He personally is not, clearly. I think you're smart enough to realize that's not what I meant. What he is is part of a rotten, ****** front office. You don't fire the leader and then simply promote someone raised within this losing, dysfunctional culture. That is a very bad idea, especially when this front office is a long, continual, unbroken line of the same. You simply must break the cycle.
100% THE TRUTH. Michael is always trying to figure out how to build a consistent winner, and yet he keeps promoting from within when it applies to our FO. What‘s the old saying? If you continue to do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got. Believe Henry Ford once said that. The FO & ESPECIALLY the scouting department needs to be scrubbed clean.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
100% THE TRUTH. Michael is always trying to figure out how to build a consistent winner, and yet he keeps promoting from within when it applies to our FO. What‘s the old saying? If you continue to do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got. Believe Henry Ford once said that. The FO & ESPECIALLY the scouting department needs to be scrubbed clean.
Yes, how do u call those people keep mistakes without changing their strategy?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Sean Payton wants to come here and you get him - that’s what you do, period. With a $240mm QB, I’m not trusting Demeco to develop him.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's no way that Sean Payton comes to Arizona as a simple H-C.

He'd want almost unprecedented powers as say, the President of Football Operations with a GM and other senior staff selected by and reporting to and through him.

Reactions: PJ1

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There's no way that Sean Payton comes to Arizona as a simple H-C.

He'd want almost unprecedented powers as say, the President of Football Operations with a GM and other senior staff selected by and reporting to and through him.
Well being that Sean Payton put it out there, I’d say there is certainly a chance. Don’t crush my dreams.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well being that Sean Payton put it out there, I’d say there is certainly a chance. Don’t crush my dreams.

Dreams are free.

Just sayin' that Payton's return to the front lines for a team like the Cards would involve power-sharing negotiations that Mike Bidwill may find difficult to accommodate.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Mayock's downfall was Gruden. Gruden was the actual GM, but Mayock was the fall guy. I think Mayock new his only shot would be to hitch himself to a powerful coach who'd be calling all the real shots, so he could build his cred as a GM. Unfortunately Gruden was not good at picking talent and Mike paid the price.

To be clear, though, I think Mayock did scout and rank players to be drafted...probably giving Gruden various options in each round. Gruden has long been known to root for the longshot or underdog and I think that's how he ended up drafting...or over drafting and reaching on players, especially in the 1st round.
Mayock was a clown choice from day 1. Note To Mike B., don't hire TV guys to run your organization. There's a reason they're on TV and not in a front office.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lou Riddick, Lou Riddick, Lou Riddick.....

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mayock was a clown choice from day 1. Note To Mike B., don't hire TV guys to run your organization. There's a reason they're on TV and not in a front office.

Mayock was the son of a coach and a star in College (Boston College H-of-F). He played in both the NFL and CFL. He was a football lifer, not simply a talking head.

John Lynch had a Hall of Fame career but was no more prepared for a GM job than Mayock.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The reason Bidwill always promotes GMs from within is because he’s waaayyy too involved in the football ops side of the house. He wants to hire someone he knows because he’s involved in every football decision. Bidwill needs to give up his president seat to a football mind, and let them run the show. I like Bidwill as an owner, but his arrogance has cost us.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose