14.0 ppg
8.0 rpg
3.0 apg
0.8 bpg
56.9% FG%
and
1.0 FT attempts a game

That's Dominayton!

Domantas should steal the "Dominating" word play from Ayton.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Wilt territory.

Granted, Wilt did it for a whole season.... although he was being defended by a bunch of 1960s Sarbonises, but still, extremely impressive.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Sixers against the T'Wolves is a fascinating battle.

"Which stupidly built team that belongs in the late 90s/early 2000s will conquer?!?!"

Both teams are archaic, but the T'Wolves are more archaic... which is why they won the game. The Sixers are less archaic, which is why they have even a remote chance of post season success.

Also, does Anthony Edwards sign his mega extension before or after he demands to be traded?

I think he will hate his situation so much that he demands out before... or the Wolves dump Towns.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"Which stupidly built team that belongs in the late 90s/early 2000s will conquer?!?!"

Both teams are archaic, but the T'Wolves are more archaic... which is why they won the game. The Sixers are less archaic, which is why they have even a remote chance of post season success.

Also, does Anthony Edwards sign his mega extension before or after he demands to be traded?

I think he will hate his situation so much that he demands out before... or the Wolves dump Towns.

I think the Wolves will try like hell to turn D'Lo into something this year but the odds of that happening are slim. Dude went from signing a max deal 4-5 years ago to being a mid level exception player and he's not even 30. Who knows what they'll get but that'll be an attempt to salvage their season and Ant's future in Minnesota. When that fails, KAT trade talks will start. They'll be lucky to get half of what they gave up for Gobert but Gobert will have even less value.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe they’ll go the 3rd Center route like they did with PG back in the day and we can flip them Ayton for AntMan!

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
I think setting screens is an underrated part of DAs game.
Yes Ayton setting screens is a underrated part of his game but after those screens Ayton should be more aggressively ready to roll to the basket contribute more offense because the Suns need some consistent scoring from somebody else other than just Booker who carries that load game after game. However Cam Payne recently has helped put some points on the board and doing a nice job in CP3 absent..

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm incredulous at how except for three teams (Rockets, Spurs, Fakers), every team in the western conference is within a few games of every other team. A few strong winning streaks, losing streaks, or serious injuries could put the Kings at the top of the western standings!

Just to flip off the league and the sports media, I hope to see teams that they haven't cared about in years fight their way into (or just hold) a playoff position at season's end. Thunder, Kings, Jazz, Wolves.
I'm not that surprised really. It's still early the best teams will start to pull away from the pack.

The wolves suck, they are going nowhere.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess. Although if preparing to sell the team really was a factor, I'd expect them to explore a midseason CP3 trade too.
Why? Can't see how anyone would want to acquire him and have more use for him than we would.

I'm frustrated with how much his game seems to have deteriorated, but his leadership is still valuable.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? Can't see how anyone would want to acquire him and have more use for him than we would.

I'm frustrated with how much his game seems to have deteriorated, but his leadership is still valuable.
I think you're ignoring the context. I was responding to your suggestion that we intentionally lowballed Ayton and CamJ in preparation for selling the franchise. It seems to me that if winning is taking second seat to clearing the books, that CP3 would have also been made available for the same reason. AFAIC, I don't think there's any doubt that we are better with CP3 than we are without him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The offense is so slow with Paul the numbers may look good but are they.
Yeah I think our pace without CP3 has a lot to do with our defensive numbers. Plus, while I haven't looked at the stats, without Chris I suspect we're probably averaging a few more live ball turnovers per game which tend to lead to easy opposition scores.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The offense is so slow with Paul the numbers may look good but are they.
Yeah I think our pace without CP3 has a lot to do with our defensive numbers. Plus, while I haven't looked at the stats, without Chris I suspect we're probably averaging a few more live ball turnovers per game which tend to lead to easy opposition scores.

I wonder what our point differential is with Paul and without Paul. Early in the season we were ranked 1 irrc. Now, probably not top 5.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder what our point differential is with Paul and without Paul. Early in the season we were ranked 1 irrc. Now, probably not top 5.
I'm sure it's dropped considerably but then again, so has our talent pool. We simply aren't as good without CP3, especially with CamJ and Shamet out too. But other teams still win games missing players, we need to get a little better at that.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If Booker ain’t ready to take on that leader role by now he never will be.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My point is the return we could get for him is less than his value to our team.

Depends. His “leadership” is highly overrated at this point. He melted down for whatever reason and his “it’s just basketball not life or death” attitude doesn’t exactly inspire guys.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Only the Lakers would take CP3 and only if Lebron made them. 40 mil for a cheerleader is too much for most teams.