Worth a Listen

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
This team is not fixable in one year either. There are so many holes the draft and a few FAs will not fill the gaping holes along the defensive and offensive lines. Odds are Allen and Murphy will be wearing new uniforms in 2023. I also suspect Dortch will find greener fields somewhere else in 2023.

Looking forward to 2023 you have:
32 players under contract in 2023.
Only 4 Oline players under contract (Humphries, Smith, Hayes and Jones), I don't count Hudson because I do expect him to retire in 2023
Connor and Ingram as your only RBs.
Two CBs, Wilson and Matthews
Your OLBs are Gardeck, Golden and Dimukeje
Your two DTs are Fotu and Lawrence
Your DEs are Watt, Sanders and Thomas
Brown is probably going to demand a contract extension which will come in around $20 million a year
If for some ludicrous reason they decide to keep Anderson his hit will be $12 million
WR looks okay, however if they keep everyone they will consume over 25% of cap space.

The trenches are in dire need of upgrades and with a projected cap space of $16 million (Spotrac) free agency isn't going to garner much.

By the way Jordan Phillips is on the books for 2023 dead cap of just under $6 million. The gift that just keeps giving.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team is not fixable in one year either. There are so many holes the draft and a few FAs will not fill the gaping holes along the defensive and offensive lines. Odds are Allen and Murphy will be wearing new uniforms in 2023. I also suspect Dortch will find greener fields somewhere else in 2023.

Only 4 Oline players under contract (Humphries, Smith, Hayes and Jones), I don't count Hudson because I do expect him to retire in 2023
Brown is probably going to demand a contract extension which will come in around $20 million a year
If for some ludicrous reason they decide to keep Anderson his hit will be $12 million
WR looks okay, however if they keep everyone they will consume over 25% of cap space.

The trenches are in dire need of upgrades and with a projected cap space of $16 million (Spotrac) free agency isn't going to garner much.

By the way Jordan Phillips is on the books for 2023 dead cap of just under $6 million. The gift that just keeps giving.

Watt is FA too

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

There are those that say our GM is average. Incredible.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You can say that about ESPN newscasters sitting in Connecticut... heck, you can even say that about Aikman and Buck...and it would most likely be true. But that isn't the case with Young and again, especially Larry, who maintains a tight relationship with D-Hop.
Nah young ain’t doing firsthand due diligence. And it’s already been accepted that Larry did exactly live kyler. I respect and love Larry but something tells me he’s one of those old school guys who thinks the next generation are all spoiled and doing things wrong, even if that’s the new way. And if that’s the case of course he’s gonna be a big mccoy supporter. Remember, he never actually addresses kyler, he only speaks about colt.

None of that really matters though. Ultimately kyker had to be better. A LOT better. Particularly if he’s going to be saddled with a bad coach in a poor organization.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean that's true. But even if the D gets completely fixed, Kyler looks like at best a game manager, and that's not good enough.

I worry he is on the same path as Baker, and nobody thinks he can be saved at this point. I hate to say it but I am warming to the idea of trying to trade him this offseason. Not sure it's doable, but I think it may have to be attempted.
A game manager? Lol some of you have gone off the deep end. Kyler is not having a good year, but single handedly won that raiders game, that’s not a game manager! Dude has loads of talent just needs to get better, get real coaching. Coach Bro is a failure and making the whole team look bad in the process….

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nah young ain’t doing firsthand due diligence. And it’s already been accepted that Larry did exactly live kyler. I respect and love Larry but something tells me he’s one of those old school guys who thinks the next generation are all spoiled and doing things wrong, even if that’s the new way. And if that’s the case of course he’s gonna be a big mccoy supporter. Remember, he never actually addresses kyler, he only speaks about colt.

None of that really matters though. Ultimately kyker had to be better. A LOT better. Particularly if he’s going to be saddled with a bad coach in a poor organization.
Anybody that listened knew what Larry was talking about. He probably didn’t like KM with good reason. A McCoy supporter? He was complimenting him on his leadership skills and was also relaying how much DHOP and AJ liked him.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anybody that listened knew what Larry was talking about. He probably didn’t like KM with good reason. A McCoy supporter? He was complimenting him on his leadership skills and was also relaying how much DHOP and AJ liked him.
Larry is old school and was just complimenting Colts leadership etc. Assuming he was saying Kyler is bad at all that is just that, assumption. Larry and many fans knew he was done period may have zero to do with Murray. He always said when he was down he would just fade away. Again show me any players or cards org. People saying Kyler is not a good leader? People making all these claims that are just that unfounded claims. He’s having a bad season so far but doesn’t make him a terrible leader, or doesn’t mean he’s forgotten how to play, everything is all freaked up how is anyone supposed to be successful in this situation, and don’t point to Colt against a putrid Rams team Kyler would have killed them too..

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Larry is old school and was just complimenting Colts leadership etc. Assuming he was saying Kyler is bad at all that is just that, assumption. Larry and many fans knew he was done period may have zero to do with Murray. He always said when he was down he would just fade away. Again show me any players or cards org. People saying Kyler is not a good leader? People making all these claims that are just that unfounded claims. He’s having a bad season so far but doesn’t make him a terrible leader, or doesn’t mean he’s forgotten how to play, everything is all freaked up how is anyone supposed to be successful in this situation, and don’t point to Colt against a putrid Rams team Kyler would have killed them too..
So you don’t believe Kyler was being criticized in the pregame? Dismiss Larry all you want but he knows more about leadership than this whole board combined. And what does this have to do with Larry’s retirement? It isn’t unfounded that Larry spoke with DHOP and AJ. You talk about unfounded claims and then claim Kyler would have killed the Rams. Talk about unfounded! I don’t hear anyone in the football world saying anything positive about Kyler. His stock is down. Let’s see him come back this week and play well. That’s what I want to see from him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So you don’t believe Kyler was being criticized in the pregame? Dismiss Larry all you want but he knows more about leadership than this whole board combined. And what does this have to do with Larry’s retirement? It isn’t unfounded that Larry spoke with DHOP and AJ. You talk about unfounded claims and then claim Kyler would have killed the Rams. Talk about unfounded! I don’t hear anyone in the football world saying anything positive about Kyler. His stock is down. Let’s see him come back this week and play well. That’s what I want to see from him.
See this is an epic mistake oriole make. Just because Fitz was an all time great receiver doesn’t make him a great leader. In fact, it’s often been discussed on this board how he wasn’t actually much of a vocal leader at all. And there are a ton of posters on this board that know a ton about, and actually occupy, leadership positions that go far beyond fitz’s background and knowledge and experience.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
See this is an epic mistake oriole make. Just because Fitz was an all time great receiver doesn’t make him a great leader. In fact, it’s often been discussed on this board how he wasn’t actually much of a vocal leader at all. And there are a ton of posters on this board that know a ton about, and actually occupy, leadership positions that go far beyond fitz’s background and knowledge and experience.
You know more than Fitz about leadership on a football field? No you actually don’t. Fitz led by example which is what a true leader does. True leaders garner respect and you would be hard pressed to find a more respected player by his peers than Larry Fitzgerald.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
This team is not fixable in one year either.
i know things look dire now, but too many teams have gone worst to first in one offseason

a HC that fixes Murray would solve most of the issues

just average health would go a long way as well

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Leadership comes in a variety of forms. Larry was not the type of “leader” who would scream and yell, punch chalk boards and knock over tables. Larry was the type of leader who led thru example, not words…though, there are many players (Cardinal players and dudes from other teams) who credit Larry for having a massive impact on them, professionally and personally, as a result of one on one/private conversations and the relationships that were created.
In short, Larry is quite astute on the Leadership topic and can identify a quality leader more quickly than most.
I have zero doubt that he sized up Kyler and concluded, he ain’t got “it.”

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Here’s what I posted on 2/2/22 “Does the quarterback have the heart to win? Does he have the courage, determination and leadership skills to get the job done? Again this point is up in the air. Murray’s leadership style is unique. Time will tell if it’s good enough. One would also be concerned about the panic he appeared to display in the playoffs.
So, will he grow into a franchise QB? I don’t know. It’s true he has progressed year-to-year, but in my mind at too slow a rate. I would expect more dedication. I would expect him to be more demanding of himself. I would expect more self-awareness of what he doesn’t know. I think whatever happens this year with the coaching staff, how much development Murray shows this year will tell us everything we need to answer the question.”

None of this appraisal came from Keim or anyone else, it was what I saw.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Earth to Harry, why waste time listening, when you can just read this board.
I think people with credentials are worth listening to their opinions. I should add it’s not just Murray. Clearly this team has almost every problem it’s possible to have. They also have a bad coach, a weak GM and a clueless owner. It couldn’t get much worse. That said I do believe Murray is part of the problem, not the solution, unless he changes his ways. I’m on record saying keep Murray and find a better coach. Secondly tell Keim unless he can fix the problems on both trenches, he needs to join Kingsbury in leaving. This won’t be fixed in one year, but you’ve got to start now. I‘ve come to agree with those suggesting Flores if he’ll take the job. Start there; pay whatever it takes!

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fitz not a leader? :lmao:
:hammer:

He's the first one I remember running to and giving the football to the ref to save time in the hurry up at the end of the game.

Now everyone does it. Leads by example.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i know things look dire now, but too many teams have gone worst to first in one offseason

a HC that fixes Murray would solve most of the issues

just average health would go a long way as well
Trenches, too many holes to fill
Offensive line, just Humphries Jones and maybe Hernandez
Defensive line
Allen, but he won't be under contract, same for Watt
Lawrence is the only one adequate beside them
Pass rusher, we need someone that bringthe heat constantly
U can't bounce from mediocre to elite with such of deep holes

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score

He's the first one I remember running to and giving the football to the ref to save time in the hurry up at the end of the game.

Who said Fitz wasn’t a leader?

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Trenches, too many holes to fill
Offensive line, just Humphries Jones and maybe Hernandez
Defensive line
Allen, but he won't be under contract, same for Watt
Lawrence is the only one adequate beside them
Pass rusher, we need someone that bringthe heat constantly
U can't bounce from mediocre to elite with such of deep holes
Give me an example with the QB having a contract anywhere near Murray’s.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who said Fitz wasn’t a leader?
What I was referring to.^^ Sorry, wasn't responding to anything you said.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Give me an example with the QB having a contract anywhere near Murray’s.
Murrays Contract is killing any hope to change anything in the next year. Like you said, it will take time and I think you already presume that if not something clicks in Murray, he will get cut at some point in this multiple year rebuild.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What are you reading?

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Man the more you look into this team now, what we need to fix, who the FAs are, and still have guys like Phillips on the books next year, it just gets worse and worse.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man the more you look into this team now, what we need to fix, who the FAs are, and still have guys like Phillips on the books next year, it just gets worse and worse.
The problem is Keim try’s to get through a season with 2nd and 3rd tier free agents because he drafts like crap.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose