Heroes and Goats: Hard Knocks In Season Episode 2

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sean Kugler, "Offensive Line Coach" - It was hard to tell which was the most staged moment of the episode: the offensive line dinner or Kugler's cringy offensive line meeting where he teased Kelvin Beachum for eating popcorn(?). Missed opportunity for all to show the savage ballet that really goes into offensive line play.

How is Kugler not a hero? His one liners were classic.

I was dying at the end when Colt McCoy slapped him on the rear and Kugler was like "Buns of Steel" and walked away. Then about 5 steps later Kugler deadpanned "Still jiggling" or something like that.

:biglaugh:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes. But I will say the national narrative is he doesn't study, so it wouldn't shock me if the show was looking for anything to show that, so it may not be as bad as it appears - or it is.
Maybe I'm just looking for something lol? Just seemed to me that he knows he's the QB & doesn't care what the backup says? I could be totally wrong, it could've been an important text about a new video game lol?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm glad they moved away from Michael B. I wonder if they actually saw feedback about his cringe.
Do other NFL team owners sit with their GM's? I have no idea but I know our 2 are attached at the hip lol. Further proof that Keim ain't going anywhere, they're buds & Bidwill trusts his every vision of this team.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have to say, I'm finally starting to buy in on Lecitus Smith.
He looks like he can develop legitimately. Obviously, that will take work from him, but the kid looks like he has the right mental make up to be a good pro. It will help the Cardinals out tremendously to start hitting on later drafted OL.

I loved the interaction between Beach and Lecitus when Lecitus tried to make an excuse for why he made a mistake on a screen and Beach just kept yelling, "PLAY FOOTBALL!" I think the point of that was to stop making mistakes and do what you're supposed to do. And then to hear Murray tear into was good too. I know you have a similar military background, so you understand how excuses can stop you from performing, and for them to squash his feeble excuses was great.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Did anyone notice how uninterested Kyler looked in the scene from the QB's meeting? Colt was talking about everyone doing their job & getting the ball out on time, Kyler looked to be not even paying attention & playing on his phone.
it kind of made me think it was the a second take on the speech for the Hard Knocks crew...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The director of the show was on a PHNX podcast recently, he said the Eno situation will be in next weeks episode
Florio was on the radio today and said teams tell HBO what they want aired so I expect Eno to come out looking really bad whether it’s warranted or not.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I know is it looked like he was more interested in whatever on his phone instead of what was being discussed.

I’m sure he was because we all know “he just sees things” he doesn’t need to be involved he knows what’s going on…. How dare you even question where his attention is…. Lol

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He looks like he can develop legitimately. Obviously, that will take work from him, but the kid looks like he has the right mental make up to be a good pro. It will help the Cardinals out tremendously to start hitting on later drafted OL.

I loved the interaction between Beach and Lecitus when Lecitus tried to make an excuse for why he made a mistake on a screen and Beach just kept yelling, "PLAY FOOTBALL!" I think the point of that was to stop making mistakes and do what you're supposed to do. And then to hear Murray tear into was good too. I know you have a similar military background, so you understand how excuses can stop you from performing, and for them to squash his feeble excuses was great.
Beach's point is that Smith has been playing football for a long time and somethings are just easy to overthink. Remembering and having the confidence that you know how to play football can solve some of these issues.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose