Suns @ 76ers Monday game thread 11-7-2022

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate posts like these. Saying he’s regressed isn’t hysteria and projrcting that kind of hyperbole on others arguments only serves to derail legit conversation.

I was commenting not on the one post, but within the context of what seems like a series of negative posts by more than one fan this season that are getting tiresome as I read these threads. The persistent and redundant broken record like critiques, calling players out with terms like "mental midgets", etc, its honestly getting to be a bit much so someone has to say something. I don't mind being that guy.

Different fans roll through their fandom in different ways. Some can praise the good and also criticize the players in a tactful way, like you do most of the time. Others vent negativity and rip on the players like they are their inferiors. Still others give the players the benefit of the doubt, having a bit of patience when they are injured or trying to get back on track, and talk about them like a neighbor sitting in the same living room, not talking down to in a manner they would not speak to their face. The Cardinals board tends to be on the negative end of the spectrum, I hope we are not heading in the same direction in this forum which is generally a more pleasant place to hang out.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eight games is too small of a sample size to determine anything but it certainly doesn't look promising.

I might add, Ayton is not getting much help at the forward positions so defenses can better limit what he does.
I'm not so sure. I think it's always been a little true that our forward spots don't always draw the full attention of the defense and that allows them to pay more attention to DA. But I haven't really noticed them helping off the forward spots any more this season than they have the past 2 years when Jae manned the PF spot. If anything, it seems to me they're single covering or helping off of CP3 more but that's mostly to better defend Booker.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not so sure. I think it's always been a little true that our forward spots don't always draw the full attention of the defense and that allows them to pay more attention to DA. But I haven't really noticed them helping off the forward spots any more this season than they have the past 2 years when Jae manned the PF spot. If anything, it seems to me they're single covering or helping off of CP3 more but that's mostly to better defend Booker.
I can't believe how open they leave Paul, I bet he can't either. He will make them pay this season at some point

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No defense forced him to go up downy soft repeatedly last night in the fourth quarter.

Deandre Ayton may never be that dominant center Suns fans all wanted. It may be just who he is as a player. Some players never develop beyond a certain level. Even so, he is still a top 10 center.

I think the Suns would do well to add a power forward that could help compensate for some of his deficiencies and who would provide a more physical presence.

When Giannis was attacking the Suns inside in the Finals, Ayton didn't have much help. The same circumstances exist today when Embiid is attacking the basket. He needs more of a physical presence around him. This would help him avoid some of these ticky-tack fouls. Ayton needs more than Jae Crowder or Cam Johnson next to him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The season is still early and DA has been injured a couple of times so far, missing a couple games, so I think the hysteria is a bit premature.
I’m not talking about games he missed. I’m talking his actual poorer production in games he’s actually played. His foul rate and rebounding are alarming failures.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I hate posts like these. Saying he’s regressed isn’t hysteria and projecting that kind of hyperbole on others arguments only serves to derail legit conversation.
I agree 100 %.

Last edited:

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Booker is possibly even worse at working the refs... he's improved somewhat but his habit of whacking an opposing player if he thinks a foul was missed on the other end is his worst trait. "He did it first" is not going to win you any points with the refs.
LOL you're right on the money unfortunately. I think Booker has matured on this. I hope. I really hope.

I'm disappointed in Ayton and Bridges and will remain a cautious pessimist. I have more hope of seeing progression from Cam Johnson. Regardless, I guess we're a playoff team, but I don't think we're a championship team. I think at least 4-5 teams will quite easily beat us.

- Dallas
- Bucks
- Heat
- Boston
- Warriors

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose